Sponsored

Will my Mav arrive sooner if I order from a larger dealer?

93tilInfinity

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Trying to weigh buying from my local dealer in CA vs Granger/Chapman and doing a CD.
I'm in a small town with a tiny dealership so wondering if I'd get the truck sooner if I ordered from Granger or Chapman.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Spectrasonic

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi A5 Sportback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Trying to weigh buying from my local dealer in CA vs Granger/Chapman and doing a CD.
I'm in a small town with a tiny dealership so wondering if I'd get the truck sooner if I ordered from Granger or Chapman.

Thanks!
It will probably take longer to arrive when ordering from a large dealer. There are a couple of large dealers that admitted they weren't previewing any builds last week because they were over their monthly allocation.

There's really no way to know for certain unless we see scheduled vs ordered stats from the dealers.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It will probably take longer to arrive when ordering from a large dealer. There are a couple of large dealers that admitted they weren't previewing any builds last week because they were over their monthly allocation.
What is your source on this? This goes against everything we have read on allocations so far

You realize many small dealerships have zero allocation?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What is your source on this? This goes against everything we have read on allocations so far

You realize many small dealerships have zero allocation?
my small town local dealer said the allocation doesn't matter- just go ahead and place order when ready and it will be placed in the queue and get built and delivered. We didn't follow up guessing how long it would take. They do it all the time with any/all models they normally carry.

How are they supposed to sell any to get more allocation if they never receive any to start with? Doesn't make sense to me...

Spectrasonic

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi A5 Sportback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last edited:

Sponsored

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It will more be what you order since larger dealer would have more allocations but also have many more orders vs small dealer with a few allocations and fewer orders. If you order a hybrid, tonneau covers, bed liner or first edition you wont be soon.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's a post from Granger Ford from Tuesday saying their allocation is all scheduled.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...straints-as-of-aug-30.1900/page-14#post-38480
You are missing the point that they actually got allocation and yeah, they used it up for the month. Now I want you to tell me how many of the little dealerships are getting allocation because it's all about perspective. Unfortunately, the information that you gave to the original asker is very misleading without proper context.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are missing the point that they actually got allocation and yeah, they used it up for the month. Now I want you to tell me how many of the little dealerships are getting allocation because it's all about perspective. Unfortunately, the information that you gave to the original asker is very misleading without proper context.
These mega dealerships like Chapman and MacArthur are selling nationwide and have hundreds already in line. They were great options - if you got in line early. Ford can’t afford to ignore their other 3,000 dealerships to fill two dealers all that quickly. This is why Chapman said they are out of allocations for the month.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These mega dealerships like Chapman and MacArthur are selling nationwide and have hundreds already in line. They were great options - if you got in line early. Ford can’t afford to ignore their other 3,000 dealerships to fill two dealers all that quickly. This is why Chapman said they are out of allocations for the month.
Don't forget that scheduling and allocation is done by region as well. This is don't based on amount of reservations in a region.

In fact, lots of small dealerships will unfortunately get ignored for a while. There are plenty of reports of "the first in line" at a dealership of just a few reservations being miffed at the fact that no one at the dealership has scheduled yet.

That being said, we will all get scheduled eventually.

Sponsored

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid