Sponsored

Will Electric Parking Brake drain battery when parked?

2517X

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wondering how the electric parking brake works, and if it could drain the battery when applied and Maverick is shut off. Surely they wouldn't let that happen?

Thanks,
Sponsored

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It would not. Electronic Park Brake is basically just an electric motor in place of a hand-operated lever-cable system. It only draws electricity to engage or disengage the brake pads. I think there could be an issue with disengaging if your battery was completely flat.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anything is possible but modern cars are designed to keep from draining the battery. You canā€™t even leave the lights on anymore, and they time out even if you leave a door open.

Thereā€™s always a chance the software glitches or you get a bad battery. I have a 2012 Focus that drained its battery over the weekend at 6 months old. It needed a jump and never did that again. That apparently was a fluke because I didnā€™t have to replace the battery for another 7 years or so.

I wouldnā€™t worry about the parking brake causing significant battery drain.

OP
OP
2517X

2517X

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would not. Electronic Park Brake is basically just an electric motor in place of a hand-operated lever-cable system. It only draws electricity to engage or disengage the brake pads. I think there could be an issue with disengaging if your battery was completely flat.
Thanks, one less thing to have to worry about.

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With all the new tech in vehicles, they are still more reliable than a 1970 Maverick.

Sponsored

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
you will get a parking brake fault if you try to engage/disengage with a battery below 10.8 Volts ( yes I have tested)
Sponsored