Sponsored

Will aftermarket oil catch can void the factory warranty?

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let's see what Ford says - https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...l-aftermarket-modifications-void-my-warranty/

"The installation or use of any aftermarket product will not necessarily void the New Vehicle Limited Warranty or Ford Protect Extended Service coverage.​
However, if the aftermarket product fails or causes a Ford Motor Company part to fail, the cost of the repair and any related damage(s) are not covered by either the Ford New Vehicle Limited Warranty or Ford Protect Extended Service coverage."​
For us that are naive why would you want to put a catch can on a brand new truck🤔
Sponsored

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For us that are naive why would you want to put a catch can on a brand new truck🤔
Don't look at me, i have no interest in this, or any other so-called performance mod, on my Maverick.

Besides, I ordered a hybrid.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It goes inline with the PCV line to catch vaporized oil which might otherwise condensate in areas like the intercooler and reduce the efficiency/power of turbocharging.

Geep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It goes inline with the PCV line to catch vaporized oil which might otherwise condensate in areas like the intercooler and reduce the efficiency/power of turbocharging.
a cheap option is IF you can get to the *cooler* is to drill a 1/16” hole in the lowest part of the cooler, any liquid (condensed oil Vapor and possibly water if running in a high humidity condition) will be forced out of the cooler due to the higher air pressure inside. It might drip occasionally when parked….first editions 3.5 eco boasts in F-150s had too much *cooler* efficency resulting in slugs of water getting ingested into the intakes (Fords solution was to block off air flow to the cooler). I have done this on my F-150 eco boast and a 5Star tune for over 100K miles and no issues.
The leak is of no consequence since most boast air is dumped under normal running conditions…..a vacuum gauge will tell you if and when your are in a boost operation, my F-150 cruises at 65 mph at just below 0 vacuum showing on the gauge while on cruise.

Sponsored

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Will it void warranty, if it is proven to be the cause of the failed part.

BUT the question you should be asking is WILL it give me problems when going in to get warranty.. Now i have found this depends alot on the dealer so no one can say for sure. There has been many cases that aftermarket items has caused a warranty to be denied that has NOT been the cause of failure. Now you have a fight and some win, some give up.. Feel like gambling?

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of course it will void the warranty. Why would a manufacturer honour a warranty when the equipment has been modified? Can you modify a refrigerator because you think you have a better idea and expect a warranty? Ridiculous.
So if I install after market floor mats I no longer have a warranty? "Ridiculous"

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
-magnuson-moss is to there to protect the consumer from unreasonable warranty denials from manufacturers/retailers.
-it is NOT there to protect consumers who have modified items from their original design.
-here's a scenario. blow motor, tow to dealership, warranty denied . of course, you can always get the catch can manufacturer to help you out with the rebuild costs.
If the catch can caused the "blow motor" then the repair wouldn't be covered but he warranty is not voided

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With vehicles that I have owned and added performance parts I would expect any dealer to charge extra labor to remove and replace parts to do any maintenance of their installed parts that I have added. If I added an after market bumper guard I'd expect to be charged for the labor by the hour to remove them to perform other work, like a radiator. I have had a reputable dealer choose to not perform maintenance due to their mechanics not being trained to replace parts/electronics that they did not install or provide...Makes sense and I don't blame them at all.
Sponsored