Sponsored

Will aftermarket oil catch can void the factory warranty?

Kirksmaverick

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 f150
Will an aftermarket oil catch can install void the factory warranty?
Sponsored

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
......NO

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, but there are many on this forum that think any aftermarket modification automatically voids the warranty. They will be along shortly I am sure.
I'm here 👋 sorry I'm late :ROFLMAO:

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Will an aftermarket oil catch can install void the factory warranty?
I ask the service manager if my local dealer and he said basically, No, but that Ford is watching these trucks very very closely and they have to send tons of documentation and pics of any warranty work they do. He asked that I not put it on until I check back with him in about six months. He said his answer would likely be very different post these early days.

So, I have purchased mine but, I am going to hold off mounting it.

Sponsored

Bn1970

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford-2L/250hp, Honda-1.5L/190hp, Mazda-1.6L/270hp.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Of course it will void the warranty. Why would a manufacturer honour a warranty when the equipment has been modified? Can you modify a refrigerator because you think you have a better idea and expect a warranty? Ridiculous.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of course it will void the warranty. Why would a manufacturer honour a warranty when the equipment has been modified? Can you modify a refrigerator because you think you have a better idea and expect a warranty? Ridiculous.
Because they legally have to honor the warranty, unless the modification itself was the cause of a failure.

Bn1970

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford-2L/250hp, Honda-1.5L/190hp, Mazda-1.6L/270hp.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
-magnuson-moss is to there to protect the consumer from unreasonable warranty denials from manufacturers/retailers.
-it is NOT there to protect consumers who have modified items from their original design.
-here's a scenario. blow motor, tow to dealership, warranty denied . of course, you can always get the catch can manufacturer to help you out with the rebuild costs.

Sponsored

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let's see what Ford says - https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...l-aftermarket-modifications-void-my-warranty/

"The installation or use of any aftermarket product will not necessarily void the New Vehicle Limited Warranty or Ford Protect Extended Service coverage.​
However, if the aftermarket product fails or causes a Ford Motor Company part to fail, the cost of the repair and any related damage(s) are not covered by either the Ford New Vehicle Limited Warranty or Ford Protect Extended Service coverage."​

Last edited:
OP
OP

Kirksmaverick

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 f150
-magnuson-moss is to there to protect the consumer from unreasonable warranty denials from manufacturers/retailers.
-it is NOT there to protect consumers who have modified items from their original design.
-here's a scenario. blow motor, tow to dealership, warranty denied . of course, you can always get the catch can manufacturer to help you out with the rebuild costs.
Is there a good reason why this simple question seems to rub your feathers the wrong way? Maybe do some breathing exercises or a Xanax

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UNREASONABLE: such as a dealer automatically denying a warranty without proof the part contributed to the failure.