2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Trail built for crossovers but weighs more than the A/TW-
A/T3 W looks more aggressive- Really like the Cooper Discoverer AT3 but might change it up.

Thinking 235 or 245 - 65/17 - Trying to get a bit more clearance but keep mileage up and rock chips down :)

Thoughts -
Sponsored

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nitto Nomad Grappler could be another one to look at if you’re thinking about the Trails. Lighter weight but still fairly aggressive looking and 3 Peak rated.

My dad has Trails on his Crosstrek and definitely took a mileage hit.

I’ll probably go from my Toyo 235s to Nomad 245s when they wear out since they should still get me anywhere I want to go and weight is same or less to go up a size in the Nittos

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

MaverIQ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been running 245/65R17 Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail's for 3K+miles on my hybrid Mav and couldn't be happier with the look and performance

Sponsored

Bigronron

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus rx350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Trail built for crossovers but weighs more than the A/TW-
A/T3 W looks more aggressive- Really like the Cooper Discoverer AT3 but might change it up.

Thinking 235 or 245 - 65/17 - Trying to get a bit more clearance but keep mileage up and rock chips down :)

Thoughts -
No worries, I have rock chips from the stock rims and tires. Lol

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick HEV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been running 245/65R17 Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail's for 3K+miles on my hybrid Mav and couldn't be happier with the look and performance
I’ve been thinking of getting some Wilepeaks for my hybrid as well. Still have the stock tires on now. Have you noticed any drop in MPG since installing your Wilspeak A/Ts?

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Either will be great choices. As for size, I would go for the 245/65’s. The mileage hit, at least for my driving conditions, has not been severe at all. I’ve got over 10k miles on my Maverick and I have 245/70 Toyo’s with a 1” lift and my lifetime mileage is below.

MaverIQ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve been thinking of getting some Wilepeaks for my hybrid as well. Still have the stock tires on now. Have you noticed any drop in MPG since installing your Wilspeak A/Ts?
hard to tell since I only drove on the stocks for 1 day, but seems like I lost at least 1-2MPG, some people say its closer to 3-5MPG but also depends on driving style (i seem to have a heavy foot) and type of driving (i do more freeway miles for trips than local street driving).

overall i think the improvement in performance and looks is well worth the drop in MPG especially when you are still driving a truck that's giving you around 35mpg :)

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
hard to tell since I only drove on the stocks for 1 day, but seems like I lost at least 1-2MPG, some people say its closer to 3-5MPG but also depends on driving style (i seem to have a heavy foot) and type of driving (i do more freeway miles for trips than local street driving).

overall i think the improvement in performance and looks is well worth the drop in MPG especially when you are still driving a truck that's giving you around 35mpg :)
Yeah but we have an Ecoboost. Hoping for 24 mpg -)

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Toyo Open Country AT3 gang in 245/65R17 checking in. They're some of the lightest options. 🤙

snek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Mav XLT, Oxford, 2.0EB, AWD, FX4, Lux, 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can vouch for the quality, drivability, and wear of the Falken AT3W - I have almost 30K
on a set of 34" AT3W's on My 2016 Tundra Crewmax. They were heavy for their size - but
what did that matter on this vehicle (Could drive it off a cliff and still would get 11 MPG)

I hate the Scorpion ATR's that came on my XLT FX4 - they 'wander' on the road and are
fugly! :poop:

My son found the Toyo Open Country's one of the lightest and best reviewed AT tires
around the size that fits the maverick. He has had great luck with them on his Forester
and drives off road all the time. I am thinking these will replace my wandering tires.

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can vouch for the quality, drivability, and wear of the Falken AT3W - I have almost 30K
on a set of 34" AT3W's on My 2016 Tundra Crewmax. They were heavy for their size - but
what did that matter on this vehicle (Could drive it off a cliff and still would get 11 MPG)

I hate the Scorpion ATR's that came on my XLT FX4 - they 'wander' on the road and are
fugly! :poop:

My son found the Toyo Open Country's one of the lightest and best reviewed AT tires
around the size that fits the maverick. He has had great luck with them on his Forester
and drives off road all the time. I am thinking these will replace my wandering tires.
Thanks for the info- Yeah F those nasty Scorpions - Dont make me start thinking about the Toyos again- Too many choices :)

Hagzfilmz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ordered) 2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.5 Cactus-G Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would love to see a pic if available this is the exact tire & size that is leading my choices. Appreciate 💯

MaverIQ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid