First Name
LG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sucks it’s not included anymore. Well, I have an XL, so never would have got it anyway. I’m thinking about adding the wireless one during the next Ford parts sale. My dealer quoted $24 for the installation/programming.

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think it was a bonehead move on Ford to get rid of their most well-revered feature and now make it a $200 dealer-installed option. Sounds like corporate greed to me. And that's before labor. Factor that in and it'll probably be around $300 just for a keypad that was once standard from the factory, at least on the Lariat trim. I know it's not a big deal and it can be easily remedied by the dealer but I shouldn't have to do that. I love this feature on my '22 and I'm gonna hate having to add one from the dealer. Unless I gain some FordPass points to use towards it so it's not out of pocket, then it's no biggie at all. But still, c'mon Ford, you're known for that feature. You've been using it for the last 30 years plus. Don't get rid of it! Just thought I'd point this out and vent. Pointless overall but I'm sure others feel the same way.
I’m not gonna wade through the entire thread but this was obviously a move by FMC to save money, i.e.; increase profit margin.

This along with eliminating the colored mirror skull caps for the XLT and Lariat trims is another kick in the pants for those ordering a 2024.

Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m not gonna wade through the entire thread but this was obviously a move by FMC to save money, i.e.; increase profit margin.

This along with eliminating the colored mirror skull caps for the XLT and Lariat trims is another kick in the pants for those ordering a 2024.
Given the roughly 24% decline in Ford stock over the last 6 months I suspect there will be even further cost cutting for the MY25 Maverick in the name of attempting to increase profit margin

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Given the roughly 24% decline in Ford stock over the last 6 months I suspect there will be even further cost cutting for the MY25 Maverick in the name of attempting to increase profit margin
FMC needs to sell as many Gas-powered vehicles as possible to subsidize the EV side of the business - another inconvenient truth.

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe that was part of the reason for the keypad no longer being offered but Ford also removed it from the 2023 Edge and they claim it was due to lack of customer interest in the feature. I guess if they figure it's something that most customers don't care about these days then they might as well save money. I would bet if they get enough customer backlash they would probably add it back in future model years.

I for one absolutely love the keypad. I first had that feature decades ago on my 1991 Thunderbird. That was before car even had remote keyless entry so it was definitely a lot more useful back then but I still use it frequently on my Maverick. Before the Maverick I haven't owned a Ford product for about 10 years and the keypad was definitely something I missed.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think it was a bonehead move on Ford to get rid of their most well-revered feature and now make it a $200 dealer-installed option. Sounds like corporate greed to me. And that's before labor. Factor that in and it'll probably be around $300 just for a keypad that was once standard from the factory, at least on the Lariat trim. I know it's not a big deal and it can be easily remedied by the dealer but I shouldn't have to do that. I love this feature on my '22 and I'm gonna hate having to add one from the dealer. Unless I gain some FordPass points to use towards it so it's not out of pocket, then it's no biggie at all. But still, c'mon Ford, you're known for that feature. You've been using it for the last 30 years plus. Don't get rid of it! Just thought I'd point this out and vent. Pointless overall but I'm sure others feel the same way.
Very typical auto industry behavior to remove content after introduction. I have a 22 Lariat EB and just got my 24 Lariat hybrid. Comparison: I miss the soft glow lighting that shines on the center console of my '22. Just starting to miss the keypad entry. Can tell a slight difference in feel between leather steering wheel and the pleather on my '24. Not fond of the black side mirror caps of the '24. My aftermarket LineX SIBL covers more areas than Ford's on my '24. Dash on the '24 is more solidly assembled. No rumble or noises. Plastic door panels and dash on '24 have a slight shine to them and don't scuff as easily as the dull finish on the '22.

Sponsored

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s funny cause I really did not want the key pad when I ordered the ‘23, but I talked myself into it. Now I am a little disappointed it is not going to be on my ‘24 build. I know I can add it but I definitely don’t want a stick on key pad! I can live without the heated wiper. We call it the Wet Coast of Canada for a good reason.

OP
OP
MightyMaverick

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very typical auto industry behavior to remove content after introduction. I have a 22 Lariat EB and just got my 24 Lariat hybrid. Comparison: I miss the soft glow lighting that shines on the center console of my '22. Just starting to miss the keypad entry. Can tell a slight difference in feel between leather steering wheel and the pleather on my '24. Not fond of the black side mirror caps of the '24. My aftermarket LineX SIBL covers more areas than Ford's on my '24. Dash on the '24 is more solidly assembled. No rumble or noises. Plastic door panels and dash on '24 have a slight shine to them and don't scuff as easily as the dull finish on the '22.
It's good to know the build quality seemed to improve. There have been a couple of posts on here discussing that. Maybe they got enough complaints from their customers about the dash rattles and scratchy plastics and finally did something about it. I'm as careful as can be and I still have so many scratches all over my interior. Some where I wouldn't even expect like on the gauge cluster hood and the a-pillars. It's caused by my sun shade just slightly rubbing against them when it's time to put it up. That shouldn't happen. Hopefully the '24 will hold up better over time.

Bohefus

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, Toyota Avalon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They have to make up for the poor Lightning F150 sales

Samus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@BradnChristine Can you confirm whether or not your 24 Lariat Hybrid comes with the deicer when you receive it?
Just following up, but it says in the manual that Heated Wiper Park turns on when you use the Heated Mirrors or Max Defrost. So I am pretty sure we all have it.
Sponsored