John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi Maverick lovers,
I just ordered my Maverick this week and went to local dealer. On website was attached announcement for Ford Truck month offering $1,000 offMSRP, listing those models included and excluded. Guess what is not mentioned.. the Maverick. When I ordered my Maverick I asked about getting the discount and they daid we are tryning to call Ford, why is the Maverick excluded from promotions??
Also Palmetto Ford in Charleston has had a TV ad that offers $1500 off MSRP for trucks for Truck Month. The ad states "whether it is the the all new bronco, ranger, super duty or the number one selling F-150, or you can order the truck of your dreams and get $1500 off" I contcated my sales person and asked them to honor the discount and he said " but the maverick is not listed on Ford's list as a dream truck. i will appeal to the dealer when the truck arrives and i have to pay for it. Any advice??
John
Ford Maverick Why no Ford promotions and discounts off MSRP for Maverick truck month discount
Sponsored

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Why? Because it's cheap and new

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Any advice??
Don't be an early-adopter to a brand-new vehicle with thousands of preorders that is being sold and delivered during a global shortage of everything from microchips to truck drivers?

I'm sure if you wait a year or even a few months, the Maverick will be included in the discount. But right now they have thousands of preorders and the Maverick basically sold itself with little advertising. Heck, remember all the threads early on about more information on the Maverick prior to its official unveiling? Ford probably doesn't have a reason to offer a discount on a product with high demand, (probably) low margins, and low supply.

I'm not trying to be a jerk; I find it a bit hard to be sympathetic to your cause. Yeah the Bronco just came out too, but the Bronco probably has high enough margins to pad the MSRP for a discount.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because they can't make enough to satisfy their full price orders yet. Basic business.

Wait two years if you're determined to get a discount.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are 2 dealers, Chapman Ford and Granger Ford, who are offering 3% below invoice price! You can search this forum for more info!

Sponsored

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The purpose of discounts is to drive sales of a brand or product by lowering the price point to something more acceptable to consumers. So if you want a discount, wait until Ford feels the need to increase its sales.

Considering their production schedule is months behind in relation to demand, you'll probably have to wait.

huntsville_dave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I"m doing things a little different......in a few days I'm sending an email with my desired Maverick config. to 5 dealerships as well as asking for a discount. I'll wait for a few days and if nothing happens send to 4 more. I have one more dealership I can visit if ALL fail; and see what they'll do in person. My research has shown me that there are a number of rebates the dealership 'could get'. (hold back/floor plan/advert) I'm in a different situation that most....I have more than 10 dealerships within a 2 hour drive and my 2013 F150 is still in good shape. I want to find out who's hungry for business. The local Ford dealership is selling pickups with 'rust' and 'numerous miles/kms' because of the new vehicle shortage..not trading mine against the Maverick.....hopefully will get more $$$.

V2WIN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't be an early-adopter to a brand-new vehicle with thousands of preorders that is being sold and delivered during a global shortage of everything from microchips to truck drivers?

I'm sure if you wait a year or even a few months, the Maverick will be included in the discount. But right now they have thousands of preorders and the Maverick basically sold itself with little advertising. Heck, remember all the threads early on about more information on the Maverick prior to its official unveiling? Ford probably doesn't have a reason to offer a discount on a product with high demand, (probably) low margins, and low supply.

I'm not trying to be a jerk; I find it a bit hard to be sympathetic to your cause. Yeah the Bronco just came out too, but the Bronco probably has high enough margins to pad the MSRP for a discount.
There are two dealers near me with a couple Bronco sports on the lot at msrp. They don't appear to be flying off the lot.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I"m doing things a little different......in a few days I'm sending an email with my desired Maverick config. to 5 dealerships as well as asking for a discount. I'll wait for a few days and if nothing happens send to 4 more. I have one more dealership I can visit if ALL fail; and see what they'll do in person. My research has shown me that there are a number of rebates the dealership 'could get'. (hold back/floor plan/advert) I'm in a different situation that most....I have more than 10 dealerships within a 2 hour drive and my 2013 F150 is still in good shape. I want to find out who's hungry for business. The local Ford dealership is selling pickups with 'rust' and 'numerous miles/kms' because of the new vehicle shortage..not trading mine against the Maverick.....hopefully will get more $$$.
Curious as to how this is going to work out for you. I have already contacted over a dozen dealers within 100 miles of me (plus a couple of more that are over 200 miles from me). Most dealers view any discussion about the Maverick as an inconvenience. There is absolutely zero "hunger" to sell at anything less than MSRP. The general sentiment from most salesmen seem to be "I am not even sure if I am going to be in this job in the 6+ months it will take for your order to actually ship". If anyone knows of a dealer in Austin/San Antonio/Houston selling at Invoice or less, please send me a PM. I am ready to order ;-) Just looking for a plane-jane XL hybrid so the 3%/4% out-of-state dealers end up being more expensive and X-plan ends up only saving nearly nothing.

huntsville_dave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just might be in for frustration too but I'm going to give it a shot. My hope is that one dealer will be hungry enough and their email response will confirm a price. I don't want to chase them in person; waste lots of gas and time. I'm in no hurry and figure that once Mavericks start hitting the dealerships they might gain interest in selling some.

Sponsored

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
As has been said, the Maverick is excluded from many promotions because itā€™s new and demand is high. You will not find a dealer who is going to honor a promotion that Ford has excluded the Maverick from because to do so comes out of their pocket. There are small discounts that you can check into including military, first responder, student, Farm Bureau, etc. Personally, if you want to order local to you, Iā€™d plan to pay MSRP, look into those discounts to see if you qualify for any of them, and spend my time talking to dealers about your trade value. Thatā€™s where youā€™re going to see the biggest difference.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Yeah, I joined the Farm Bureau for the $500 discount we will see if it pans out.

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
The purpose of discounts is to drive sales of a brand or product by lowering the price point to something more acceptable to consumers. So if you want a discount, wait until Ford feels the need to increase its sales.

Considering their production schedule is months behind in relation to demand, you'll probably have to wait.
^This. Thereā€™s no reason for Ford to offer promotions or incentives for buying a Maverick. As it currently is, they canā€™t make enough of them to satisfy demand.

A couple years ago I learned a few things about ā€œthe way things wereā€ pre-pandemic regards the vehicle purchasing experience. Basically, what affects true dealer cost on a particular unit. Invoice, holdback, manufacturer incentives (direct and ā€˜stairstepsā€™ and financing), ā€œdealer cashā€, floor plan lending and credits, dealer trades (i.e. vehicle you want is on another dealers lot and you want your dealer to trade for it), the allocation process (how specific vehicles during a production period are ordered by dealerships that show up on their lots). There is a great thread on this on an F150 forum (posts #1 and #15, True Dealer Cost - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans ).

What I found interesting then is how a dealer could make money on an ā€˜invoice minus holdbackā€™ deal as long as the unit didnā€™t sit on the lot very long. And how conversely, they could lose money on a parking lot queen:
Ford Maverick Why no Ford promotions and discounts off MSRP for Maverick example1.JPG

Assuming some form of all of these schemes is in effect today, it explained to me how a dealer like Chapman or Granger can make money even with their invoice minus 3% or 5% deals. Anybody think any of their allocated units will be on their lots more than a couple of weeks? For all of you that have already ordered units, time on the lot is basically zero.

Even with the present shortage of vehicles, todayā€™s selling environment is very positive for both Ford and their dealers.
Ford Maverick Why no Ford promotions and discounts off MSRP for Maverick atp.JPG

Ford Maverick Why no Ford promotions and discounts off MSRP for Maverick atp2.JPG

Ford Maverick Why no Ford promotions and discounts off MSRP for Maverick incentives.JPG

Ford Maverick Why no Ford promotions and discounts off MSRP for Maverick profits.JPG

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi Maverick lovers,
I just ordered my Maverick this week and went to local dealer. On website was attached announcement for Ford Truck month offering $1,000 offMSRP, listing those models included and excluded. Guess what is not mentioned.. the Maverick. When I ordered my Maverick I asked about getting the discount and they daid we are tryning to call Ford, why is the Maverick excluded from promotions??
Also Palmetto Ford in Charleston has had a TV ad that offers $1500 off MSRP for trucks for Truck Month. The ad states "whether it is the the all new bronco, ranger, super duty or the number one selling F-150, or you can order the truck of your dreams and get $1500 off" I contcated my sales person and asked them to honor the discount and he said " but the maverick is not listed on Ford's list as a dream truck. i will appeal to the dealer when the truck arrives and i have to pay for it. Any advice??
John
truck month discount.jpg
Looks like the ā€œcatchā€ is the 9/30/21 date. The Maverick is being officially released after 9/30. I was able to use the $500 First Responder discount. Thereā€™s also the $500 for Military

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like the ā€œcatchā€ is the 9/30/21 date. The Maverick is being officially released after 9/30. I was able to use the $500 First Responder discount. Thereā€™s also the $500 for Military
you can also get x plan for another couple hundred off
Sponsored