charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150
2022 Ford Maverick XL And XLT Do Not Offer SYNC 3: Here’s Why

https://fordauthority.com/2021/07/2022-ford-maverick-xl-and-xlt-do-not-offer-sync-3-heres-why/

When the 2022 Ford Maverick was revealed last month, there was one curious omission from Ford Maverick XL and XLT trims – the infotainment system in those vehicles – all equipped with an 8-inch touchscreen – was not listed as SYNC 3, though that has been Ford’s default software choice for its infotainment systems for some time now.

2022 Ford Maverick XL and XLT models lack certain features that are hallmarks of SYNC 3 (and its predecessors as well) – 911 Assist, AppLink, Hands-Free Calling, and two smart-charging USB ports. Thus, Ford chose not to refer to this software as SYNC 3, even though it’s similar in most other ways to the SYNC 3 software present on virtually every new Ford vehicle (that isn’t running the newer SYNC 4). Of course, there could also be some hardware changes involved as well. Regardless, the base touchscreen is very aesthetically similar to SYNC 3.

It is worth noting, however, that the Maverick Order Guide points out that SYNC 3 is available in conjunction with the Lariat Luxury Package. In that application, the infotainment system does include the four aforementioned features, and thus, is qualified to carry the SYNC 3 distinction.

Even if Ford Maverick XL and XLT trims don’t technically come with SYNC 3, they do offer a few welcome features including Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto connectivity. All models also come with a host of standard FordPass Connect features, including an embedded 4G LTE WiFi hotspot that can connect up to 10 devices. Owners can also schedule times to remote start their trucks, find their trucks, check the fuel level, and lock or unlock the doors via the FordPass app as well.

Regardless, prospective Maverick buyers that must have all of the features offered by SYNC 3 will need to opt for Lariat or First Edition trims with the Lariat Luxury Package (which is required on the First Edition) to get them.
Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Preaky241

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
From my understanding Sync 3 allowed for the following things:
1. Android Auto or Apple Carplay
2. Remote start from from Ford App
3. Bluetooth calls and music
4. Ford crappy GPS Navigation system

Android Auto/Apple Carplay, Remote start and bluetooth are all standard now (without Sync 3).

What is the function of Sync 3 anymore really?

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone know if you can still make handsfree calls through Bluetooth? I’m hoping you can at least through CarPlay or Android Auto.

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Anyone know if you can still make handsfree calls through Bluetooth? I’m hoping you can at least through CarPlay or Android Auto.
Yes, you can make handsfree calls through CarPlay and Android Auto.

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

From my understanding Sync 3 allowed for the following things:
1. Android Auto or Apple Carplay
2. Remote start from from Ford App
3. Bluetooth calls and music
4. Ford crappy GPS Navigation system

Android Auto/Apple Carplay, Remote start and bluetooth are all standard now (without Sync 3).

What is the function of Sync 3 anymore really?
I don't know why any auto manufacturer has their own in-dash software (Sync, UConnect, etc) when CarPlay and Android Auto are offered. Those 2 options work the same in all cars, regardless of manufacturer. I suspect it's for data aggregation and the selling of that data as an additional lucrative revenue stream. In addition to Android Auto, which requires your Android phone, Google also makes an in car software called Android Automotive. I believe BMW is using it in their cars. So I don't care what software is in my car, I always use Android Auto for the consistent interface and functionality in all my cars.

M.A.C.

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation
I just think that not offerings the Sync 3 on the XLT is slightly pathetic, it’s not even their newest technology, what could it possibly add to luxury packages that are already thousands of dollars. If you look into the numbers it can’t be that much. Unfortunately what we are getting is half baked technology and that’s just sad. I get that some of us don’t need it I’m just saying at least give me the option.

Sponsored

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What sort of bugs me is this triangle on a lariat:
1. You have a cordless charger for your phone
2. You do not have wireless android auto (because sync 3)
3. You do not have an integrated gps

so, to use gps you have to plug in the cable to use android auto, even though you have the cordless charger.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who gives a crap about synch if there is android auto and apple carplay
That is one useful feature of the built in 4G LTE hotspot, you could simply take an old phone or tablet, stash it somewhere out of sight, and have it always boot straight to android auto or apple carplay without having to plug your phone in every time, and then never use the Ford interface at all.

The only question would be if your actual phone for making calls can connect to the headunit still via bluetooth for hands-free calling. On all my other cars to date I could connect multiple phones to the head unit for hands free calling, but that wasn't using AA/CP.

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
Will the steering wheel still have the hands free calls on the xl?

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is one useful feature of the built in 4G LTE hotspot, you could simply take an old phone or tablet, stash it somewhere out of sight, and have it always boot straight to android auto or apple carplay without having to plug your phone in every time, and then never use the Ford interface at all.

The only question would be if your actual phone for making calls can connect to the headunit still via bluetooth for hands-free calling. On all my other cars to date I could connect multiple phones to the head unit for hands free calling, but that wasn't using AA/CP.
I think the hotspot in the Maverick only works with Ford Pass Connect unless you pay for the subscription service; then your phone will work.
Sponsored