Sponsored

Why do so many gear heads HATE the maverick....?

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in Michigan...tons of car cruises, shows...when I go to them...NOT showing my maverick or anything, just driving it there and parking...Why oh why do all the gear heads HATE the maverick....? They all have the small peter syndrome and drive giant beefed up trucks...the haters are just ALL OVER against the maverick. I love the bugger, everything about it...but god almighty, the assholes out there that bad mouth it...they can't even contain their hatred in your presence. ok...rant over.
Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I Have no idea what the OP is talking about, a few of my cars are in my signature and I really like my Hybrid as do many of my car friends....

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
You think they hate the Maverick.....roll in sporting a Mustang Mach-E and just watch the seething hate broil from within and the hateful gazes pass your way.

OP
OP
Bobinmi

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I Have no idea what the OP is talking about, a few of my cars are in my signature and I really like my Hybrid as do many of my car friends....

yes, I love my hybrid as well....and have a bronco...and have had tons of vettes, GTO, superbee's etc...but many many many of the gear heads...are all about HP, fuel, NOS, blowers, and HATE anything that has to do with electric/hybrid cars...especially in Michigan. I'll be at the fall rod run in Pigeon forge next month, the monster trucks are about 1 out of every 3/4 cruisers nowadays....and they really hate the maverick. Size maybe? Hybrid maybe?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bobinmi

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You think they hate the Maverick.....roll in sporting a Mustang Mach-E and just watch the seething hate broil from within and the hateful gazes pass your way.
Till you put the pedal to the metal and smoke their asses...that shuts them up.

OP
OP
Bobinmi

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Havent come across any hate. Kind of blends in like a 2005 camry
Michigan is roughly 9 out of 10 vehicles the big 3....I once had some hillbilly with motor, muffler, carb stickers all over his rear window flip me the bird in my electric car... Michigan, motor city...very anti electric/hybrid. oh well...

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I live in Michigan...tons of car cruises, shows...when I go to them...NOT showing my maverick or anything, just driving it there and parking...Why oh why do all the gear heads HATE the maverick....? They all have the small peter syndrome and drive giant beefed up trucks...the haters are just ALL OVER against the maverick. I love the bugger, everything about it...but god almighty, the assholes out there that bad mouth it...they can't even contain their hatred in your presence. ok...rant over.
The Maverick is in the future and they are living in the past. I understand, I'm a gearhead too but I'm also a tech head and the hybrid powertrain is so cool. I'm never going to be intimate with it like I've been with all my other rides but I'm hoping I don't have to be.

Sponsored

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While I'm not much of a gearhead, it is a small interest of mine. I think that part of the perceived hate for it comes from the Prius haters, who hated the Prius because it wasn't fast or fun. It was reliable and got people wherever they needed to go without drama, as long as you stuck to paved roads.

While the Maverick may escape that a little bit - it's far more customizable, for instance, and its looks are less.. polarizing - for some it will always have that "appliance" stigma.

Personally, I want my daily transportation to be appliance-like. Save the finicky stuff for the track and for car shows.

Mav_27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Michigan is roughly 9 out of 10 vehicles the big 3....I once had some hillbilly with motor, muffler, carb stickers all over his rear window flip me the bird in my electric car... Michigan, motor city...very anti electric/hybrid. oh well...
I’m in MI too and have had the opposite reaction several times, stopping me to ask about it and they all seem to like it. I think you’re correct that it’s the hybrid aspect that burns them. If you had a lifted EB awd they’d probably love it.

I’m sure you’re probably around a bunch of guys doing that rolling coal bs. It’s probably the company you’re with…good luck in Pidgeon Forge!, Yikes!

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your level of gearheads where you live are much different from the ones I have talked around hear about my new truck. No haters I have seen or heard from.

Sure early Prius owners got some crap but that went away with how popular the car has gotten and how expensive gas is. Maybe it's just a truck thing by you but many custom car owners I see and talk to also have more sensible commuter/family cars too.

I think you worry too much about what others think. Haters love to hate. I could care less.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yes, I love my hybrid as well....and have a bronco...and have had tons of vettes, GTO, superbee's etc...but many many many of the gear heads...are all about HP, fuel, NOS, blowers, and HATE anything that has to do with electric/hybrid cars...especially in Michigan. I'll be at the fall rod run in Pigeon forge next month, the monster trucks are about 1 out of every 3/4 cruisers nowadays....and they really hate the maverick. Size maybe? Hybrid maybe?
LOL

if you show up at a major car show like PF and expect people there to swoon over a new Maverick, hybrid or not, you are not being realistic.

Those shows are 97% about their target audiences as they should be. They are there to celebrate that era....... NOT a new Maverick and Maverick Hybrid.

When I was asked to judge a large regional car show I was forced to judge a then brand-new, un-modified, Mustang. I scored it a 5 out of 10 (should have been zero but I gave him the benefit of the doubt). After the awards he actually approached me all pissed off because he didnt win anything or get a little trophy...

I had my number's matching, all original virtually perfect 1970 BOSS 302 Mustang car, uniquely a very high optioned car and sold out of Vel's Parnelli Jones Ford in Torrance CA and proven to be a demo car driven by Parnelli (their Ford dealership on the same grounds as the race shop) at the same show.

When I went in to the show i told the guys at the gate I did not want my car 'judged', but I was roped into judging other cars.

Coincodently, that was about 10 years ago, and the last "car show' I attended. LOL

Sponsored

Last edited: