Why am I locked out?

jlloyd

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
My Maverick locks me out, sometimes, when I leave the key in the car; I do this when in my garage otherwise, I take the key out. I have the XL model so the key is the way to start the 2.0L AWD. Automatic locking can't be a safety thing since it doesn't lock itself all the time, just occasionally. This has not been a big deal yet but it could become one if/when I'm in the process of doing something with the Mav turned off, all the doors shut and the key in the ignition. So far it's happened at least 4-5 times but at home where I have easy access to my alternate key fob, what if it happens when I'm away from home? Why is this happening in the first place? Any ideas, suggestions would be most appreciated.
Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doesn't the XL have the code keys on the driver side door?

Oggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could it be something you’re doing in the ford pass app?

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Maverick locks me out, sometimes, when I leave the key in the car; I do this when in my garage otherwise, I take the key out. I have the XL model so the key is the way to start the 2.0L AWD. Automatic locking can't be a safety thing since it doesn't lock itself all the time, just occasionally. This has not been a big deal yet but it could become one if/when I'm in the process of doing something with the Mav turned off, all the doors shut and the key in the ignition. So far it's happened at least 4-5 times but at home where I have easy access to my alternate key fob, what if it happens when I'm away from home? Why is this happening in the first place? Any ideas, suggestions would be most appreciated.
Read the manual. I believe I read something about DON'T leave a key in the vehicle. Maybe just get a basket or place in your garage to leave key.

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if there is a menu option to shut off automatic locking? My old explorer has that.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can the Ford pass app unlock the vehicle when the keys are locked inside?

I strongly recommend adding a keypad 🔢part number isKB3Z14A626A.

I don’t know why it would be locking it self. 🤷‍♂️ My Prius does it too, but it’s 11 years old and has a bunch of wires half eaten by mice (repaired a few times by me).
Sponsored