Sponsored

Who wants a good chuckle on price offered to me by Vroom???

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I paid $29,300 plus tax for my Lariat Lux Hybrid from Ed in PA. I was given $38,500 on trade for it last Tuesday.

Values do seem all over the place.
Sponsored

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Should the market adjust to previous norms, those who paid the extra 'market adjustment' fees will still have to pay them off to their lender when they go to buy their next vehicle. In some cases, the amount paid is almost enough to buy a second vehicle... The loans taken out on these monsters ran to 72 months or more, with big monthly payments. Odds are they will not be paid down at trade-in time. The odds are that some of these will get repossessed and the borrower is still on the hook for the balance not recovered when the vehicle is sold. Bad spot to be in...
For many the habit is to get tired of a vehicle, defer some maintenance, wear the tires down to MayPops, wait to do the brake job, and then have an alternator or A/C fail. That's the cue to start looking for a new vehicle. Bad planning. In most cases, doing the deferred, or having the repairs done will render the vehicle usable and reliable, at a cost not likely more than a few months payments. Instead, they climb onto the train of never-ending car payments, forever.
Our economy may force some to do repairs and maintenance, and defer a new purchase for a longer period of time. If they can afford to keep their payments current given projections purchasing new may well be deferred indefinitely.
The Market Adjustment is real money, paid to the dealer, and financed just like the engine, turn signals, radio and tires. It will not disappear when the vehicle is ready to be sold, and it must be paid for like it or not. Repos will leave the market adjustment payment on the kitchen table when they pick up the keys and drive off. It won't go away.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I keep hearing that used prices are lowering... But while I wait for my Maverick (1/9 build week), I keep renewing the weekly offer from Carvana for my 2017 C-Max Hybrid. It was $19276 last week and today when I renewed it, it is up $1,410 to $20,686. Haven't checked the others recently as I still have at least 2 months to wait.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I keep hearing that used prices are lowering... But while I wait for my Maverick (1/9 build week), I keep renewing the weekly offer from Carvana for my 2017 C-Max Hybrid. It was $19276 last week and today when I renewed it, it is up $1,410 to $20,686. Haven't checked the others recently as I still have at least 2 months to wait.
Dang, I would be figuring out how to be getting by without the c-max.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dang, I would be figuring out how to be getting by without the c-max.
I love that C-Max...and consider the Maverick as a C-Max with a bed. Both flat towable, both 42+ MPG, both weigh about the same. But I don't trust Ford and its Maverick delivery, although I do think I'll be seeing my Maverick by April 1 at the latest, and Feb 1 at the earliest. They've lost my trust after 13+ months.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love that C-Max...and consider the Maverick as a C-Max with a bed. Both flat towable, both 42+ MPG, both weigh about the same. But I don't trust Ford and its Maverick delivery, although I do think I'll be seeing my Maverick by April 1 at the latest, and Feb 1 at the earliest. They've lost my trust after 13+ months.
My ordered on 10/26/21 vin for 22 and rolled over was just vin numbered for 23 and assigned week of 1/16 production. I feel like all the roll overs will get top priority but of course subject to unforseen conditions. Saw on TV this AM that Oregon cannot hire snow plow drivers. Will arrange commercial drivers license and all necessary training. Life is changing and most likely we are close to the end of private ownership of transportation. Trips could be scheduled by app and travel permitted based on many things one of which would be being matched with someone to travel in your ride soon after you arrive. 😂

By the way is Christine what you have named your c-max?

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My ordered on 10/26/21 vin for 22 and rolled over was just vin numbered for 23 and assigned week of 1/16 production. I feel like all the roll overs will get top priority but of course subject to unforseen conditions. Saw on TV this AM that Oregon cannot hire snow plow drivers. Will arrange commercial drivers license and all necessary training. Life is changing and most likely we are close to the end of private ownership of transportation. Trips could be scheduled by app and travel permitted based on many things one of which would be being matched with someone to travel in your ride soon after you arrive. 😂

By the way is Christine what you have named your c-max?
Oregon was my birth state and I am saddened over its "development". Private ownership of transportation may change in some states, but Wyoming will change when hell freezes over and that's why we moved here.
Christine is my wife's name, named after a 1958 Plymouth Fury, I think....fitting.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Message to Vroom: SUCK IT! Just messing around to see what an offer would come in at for a XL 2 Wheel Dr. ecoboost with a couple of options. The offer was just over $17,000.. Ha ha ha. I was kind of expecting at least sticker if not, plus or -1000 from sticker, but not 6000 from sticker.
Interesting. Vroom offered me nearly $25,000 this past week for a hybrid XL with 1000 miles on it. Carvana offered 28,800, but I’ve sold it privately for more than that now.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not for my Maverick, but for my 2010 Kia Sedona with "Lux Package" that I plan to trade in or sell. Just over 110,000 miles. Good condition. All run this morning 12/4/22. Prices do seem to vary wildly.

peddle.com = $670
shift.com = No Offer at all. They declined to make me an offer.....
driveway.com = $1,319
carvana.com = $311 (yes...... $311).
carmax.com = $ 2,700
vroom.com = $ 382 (yes...... another sub-$400 offer).
https://www.carmigo.io/ = Might do it if needed? Auction Style.
Cargurus.com = $525
Driveo = $2,250

Edit to add: KBB says the private party range is like 5-6K. So there is that......

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oregon was my birth state and I am saddened over its "development". Private ownership of transportation may change in some states, but Wyoming will change when hell freezes over and that's why we moved here.
Christine is my wife's name, named after a 1958 Plymouth Fury, I think....fitting.
So, you are living the "DREAM"!

Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, you are living the "DREAM"!
Absolutely. No one up here in the "Energy Capital of the nation" wanted a Hybrid Maverick except me. Dealership sold 5 EBs and my Hybrid in 2022. All EBs got delivered, and I was the only cancel/rollover...with NO other 2023 orders. Retired and loving Wyoming, but it is admittedly cold this time of year. I last lived in AZ and happily trade the 124-126 degree summer temps there for a few days of cold. I'll trade my Maverick for a Hybrid AWD as soon as they come out.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Absolutely. No one up here in the "Energy Capital of the nation" wanted a Hybrid Maverick except me. Dealership sold 5 EBs and my Hybrid in 2022. All EBs got delivered, and I was the only cancel/rollover...with NO other 2023 orders. Retired and loving Wyoming, but it is admittedly cold this time of year. I last lived in AZ and happily trade the 124-126 degree summer temps there for a few days of cold. I'll trade my Maverick for a Hybrid AWD as soon as they come out.
I 64/65 I had a math professor moving to Wyoming and asked me to come and be a graduate assistant, was tempting but I was tired of no money and to a panhandle of Texas dude, I envisioned life in the far far north as inconceivable. I also will trade at least one of my hybrids when an AWD PLUG IN HYBRID becomes available.

OP
OP
2020 GT500

2020 GT500

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2023 Miata RF Club
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If Someone offered me five over what I paid (net) I will take it. If anyone wants to offer me $27,500 my XL is yours…..

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The used car market isint what it was 1 year ago. It’s a cheap bare bones truck, sounds right and back to normal. Honestly after owning mine since March I don’t think its even worth what you got.
It's the same old story of people who want what they can't have and once the novelty wears off your stuck with a over priced truck with low resale value 😵💫
Sponsored