Sponsored

Who wants a good chuckle on price offered to me by Vroom???

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Message to Vroom: SUCK IT! Just messing around to see what an offer would come in at for a XL 2 Wheel Dr. ecoboost with a couple of options. The offer was just over $17,000.. Ha ha ha. I was kind of expecting at least sticker if not, plus or -1000 from sticker, but not 6000 from sticker.
Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Message to Vroom: SUCK IT! Just messing around to see what an offer would come in at for a XL 2 Wheel Dr. ecoboost with a couple of options. The offer was just over $17,000.. Ha ha ha. I was kind of expecting at least sticker if not, plus or -1000 from sticker, but not 6000 from sticker.
Well it looks like the wild West days of overpaying for even a slightly used new Maverick is a thing of the past

day004

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The most important thing I learned from years of watching car flippers on TV is that you don't make your money on selling cars, you make it on buying them. Clearly they watched the same shows

ViperAir

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll give you $17,001......deal????

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For some reason highly optioned XLTs sell for more than a highly optioned Lariat, true Maverick or Ranger. Go figureā€¦

Sponsored

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
algo offered me 27k for my XL hybrid with 1690 miles. Honestly canā€™t see the point in selling this truck. Itā€™s is simply the best and most convenient thing while looking awesome. Soon I will get rid of those steelies, but man the mpg has been great

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The used car market isint what it was 1 year ago. Itā€™s a cheap bare bones truck, sounds right and back to normal. Honestly after owning mine since March I donā€™t think its even worth what you got.

Deleted member 14823

People that paid 10k or more over MSRP are going to wish their mothers never met their fathers when they go to trade it in a couple of years and see how big the gap will be. Then they'll add that difference to their new car and the misery will continue.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The differences in prices that are being offered are crazy. After waiting over a year, not sure when/if my XL Hybrid will every be built. I have started looking for a used vehicle to tide me over (will just give it to my son if I ever get my Maverick). At least in my area of Texas, KBB Trade-in value and what Carvana is offering are pretty close (if I see something I am interested in, I check KBB values and then plug the VIN into Carvana and get a mock quote to double-check).

I have been throwing out offers well over Carvana and getting called all kinds of names :-/ Replied to a Craiglist today where the seller was asking $21K for a 2016 Mazda. KBB has a value of $12k and Carvana was about the same. Seller said they needed $19.5k since that was what they still had on their loan from when they bought it in 2020. Also stated they had offers of $17.5k from a local car dealer.

Seeing a ton of these situations. Even though the wholesale prices have plummeted this year (and most dealer lots near me have gone from empty to being mostly full again in the last 4 months), there seems to always be one outlyer willing to pay much more than the other. I just don't get it. Who the heck is paying these outrageous prices (over the original MSRP for a 4-6 year old car with 80k miles!!!) for used cars right now???? In the above scenario, a dealer paying $17.5k means they plan to sell it for $20k even though it is really worth about $13k-$14k in today's market (and really should be worth maybe $8k once the market corrects itself). As interest rates go up and up, it just makes even less sense to me. I MUST be missing something :)

Sponsored

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When checking for a fair price for my trade in, Carvana and Car Max where 1k lower at 9k. kbb said the value was 10,058. there were three bids and two were very interested, but a third tried to super low ball with 7-8k as an initial offer.

Don't take the the first offer. I have not check the value of mine as have no intentions of sellering it and do not need any more emails that are junk mail, which need to be deleted. Don't get the use of Carvana, Carmax, Vroom or any of the newer companies as in my extremely limited shopping experience they where significantly below a fair trade in. The dealer gave me 10k for the car and was sold and off their web site before the week end.

Thought about it and must be the marketing thing that I learnwd a long time ago, America pays for convenience. CarMax, Carvana and Vroom are convenient but you will pay for that convivence.

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The differences in prices that are being offered are crazy. After waiting over a year, not sure when/if my XL Hybrid will every be built. I have started looking for a used vehicle to tide me over (will just give it to my son if I ever get my Maverick). At least in my area of Texas, KBB Trade-in value and what Carvana is offering are pretty close (if I see something I am interested in, I check KBB values and then plug the VIN into Carvana and get a mock quote to double-check).

I have been throwing out offers well over Carvana and getting called all kinds of names :-/ Replied to a Craiglist today where the seller was asking $21K for a 2016 Mazda. KBB has a value of $12k and Carvana was about the same. Seller said they needed $19.5k since that was what they still had on their loan from when they bought it in 2020. Also stated they had offers of $17.5k from a local car dealer.

Seeing a ton of these situations. Even though the wholesale prices have plummeted this year (and most dealer lots near me have gone from empty to being mostly full again in the last 4 months), there seems to always be one outlyer willing to pay much more than the other. I just don't get it. Who the heck is paying these outrageous prices (over the original MSRP for a 4-6 year old car with 80k miles!!!) for used cars right now???? In the above scenario, a dealer paying $17.5k means they plan to sell it for $20k even though it is really worth about $13k-$14k in today's market (and really should be worth maybe $8k once the market corrects itself). As interest rates go up and up, it just makes even less sense to me. I MUST be missing something :)
As with all market changes there are those that adapt and those that don't.

Everytime the market climbs high there are folks who lag behind and are scraped clean by those reselling at highs. Then when the market drops there are those who refuse to believe it till they are well and truly the bag holders.

The name of the game is adaptability. Get in, get out and pay attention. This goes doubly so for a volatile or depreciating asset.

There were still people demanding 2005 house sale prices in 2009, just as there were people expecting 2010 house buying prices in 2015.

2022 pushed behind 2023's

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Carvana offered me right at what I sold it to a private party for.

If I had to do it over again I would have sold it to Carvana. The person who bought it really spent a LOT of effort to talk me down past their offer. Why would I do that?

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Online Car Buyer's/Seller's prices are based on location and their inventory levels.

As others have noted selling to them in California or Texas gives higher numbers than other parts of the country. Also Hybrid's get higher values.

That said here are my offers from Carvana and Vroom on my MY22 Maverick XLT Hybrid with 6008 miles on it as of December 1, 2022. Carvana's offer of $29,238 is $3,170 over my out-the-door cost of $26,068 and $4,618 over invoice price of $24,620.

Ford Maverick Who wants a good chuckle on price offered to me by Vroom??? Carvana XLT Maverick Hybrid 12-01-22.JPG

Ford Maverick Who wants a good chuckle on price offered to me by Vroom??? Vroom 12-01-2022.JPG

Ford Maverick Who wants a good chuckle on price offered to me by Vroom??? Buyer's Order

Ford Maverick Who wants a good chuckle on price offered to me by Vroom??? Order Invoice Price.JPG

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sold a 2017 GMC Sierra last year for $31,800. Vroom's pathetic offer was $14,200. Guess they're the low-ball king? LOL
yep - but all they need to do at those kinds of discounts is find a small percentage of the uneducated and they're in the money big time.
Sponsored