Sponsored

Who wants a good chuckle on price offered to me by Vroom???

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Message to Vroom: SUCK IT! Just messing around to see what an offer would come in at for a XL 2 Wheel Dr. ecoboost with a couple of options. The offer was just over $17,000.. Ha ha ha. I was kind of expecting at least sticker if not, plus or -1000 from sticker, but not 6000 from sticker.
Im late to the party on responses here. But, you realize this is normal, right? All of the stupid 10k over sticker offers were very much not normal and the product of a temporarily fucked market. Now, inventory is slightly better and interest rates are super high. People looking to keep flipping cars for huge profits are in for a rude awakening.
Sponsored

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The car market is changing along with the rest of the economy, plus the Ecoboost models are more plentiful than the Hybrid models.
Doesn't matter. I got an offer $5k less than sticker on my brand new Hybrid Lariat with 25 miles on it even though they advertise this exact same model for $44k. They overpaid earlier and are trying to average down.

ychuck46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Supercrew w/EcoBoost engine, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sold a 2007 H3 we bought new this past year. Since it was an acquaintance we let it go for $11,500. The car buying services were offering $5-6K. I realize they have to make a profit but 100% is a little steep.

WildHorse

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't feel very comfortable about Vroom's term. I don't want to hand them my title and car with knowing they'll only pay me AFTER then receive the title and vehicle and they agree the condition of my car. For new car, maybe. But for a used car, there is just too much I-say/You-Say room to worry about.

James K

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Message to Vroom: SUCK IT! Just messing around to see what an offer would come in at for a XL 2 Wheel Dr. ecoboost with a couple of options. The offer was just over $17,000.. Ha ha ha. I was kind of expecting at least sticker if not, plus or -1000 from sticker, but not 6000 from sticker.
These companies are stuck with lots of vehicles they overpaid for. I always thought it funny that the biggest advantage of web-based businesses was not having to have a brick and mortar store. Seemed stupid to combine both and have no service to boot. Until the Maverick I always bought lightly used from dealers as most are independent million dollar plus businesses that don't a customer sitting out front with a lemon painted on their vehicle. Will someone please tell me a positive to these web based dealerships (and don't say one of them has a vending machine).
Sponsored