Sponsored

Who thinks Navy Pier interior color is ugly?

oldfatguy

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997ranger 2006 fusion 2001 bmw330ci 2004.5w3500
didnt realy like it in pics ,got a call from dealer i have been talking to this morning that they got one in that wasnt spoken for and was able to see in person, area 51 xlt liked it , was able to buy at msrp and is sitting in my driveway tonite. nice suprise for once!
Sponsored

MysticRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford C-Max
Meh, I don't mind it it at all, especially seeing how inexpensive the truck is and knowing better means pricier. I sat in and drove an ecoboost XLT and didn't really notice the navy color everywhere, but did love the seat colors. My wife thought the formica look to the dash and angles was a bit weird. I didn't mind that though.
What kept drawing my eye was the goofy orange accent in spots. Now I didn't mind the vents and door grabs as much as the center console piece. That big chunk of orange just overdid it for me. If I get an XLT Hybrid (very likely) I'll likely take the center console piece out and spray it with some black vinyl dye.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think its ugly, especially on hot pepper red. The XL looks the best of the bunch IMHO.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I get an XLT Hybrid (very likely) I'll likely take the center console piece out and spray it with some black vinyl dye.
You know you could just buy the insert from the XL? It should be cheap.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
I've only seen the Lariat interior in person and while I absolutely agree with others that it looks FAR better in person than the pictures would lead you to believe, it still fell out of the ugly tree and hit a lot of branches on the way down.

I'd struggle with it if I was planning on owning this for as long as many others I see. Luckily, this will be my first truck of any type that I've ever bought, so it's kind of acting as a proof of concept for me. If I like living with it for a couple years, then in a perfect world, I'll be offloading it for a higher performance trim Maverick with a better interior color scheme.

Extra Bonus? I don't think I've been truly impressed with the interior of a vehicle since I had a Porsche back in the day. After living with this color scheme for even a couple years, I figure it'll prepare me to go gaga over whatever new interior I get when I move on to my next vehicle. :LOL:

Sponsored

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I plan to use seat covers and if I still don't like the dashboard etc. trim by that time CARID will have a variety of dashboard covering(they stick). I did the dashboard/trim color change on the inside of my Smartcar and still get compliments. I did like the XL interior better...but I needed cruise control and didn't like orange trim in the interior.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have never had a car/truck where the color of the interior, exterior, or wheels (a popular subject on the forum) really mattered to me over the long term.

I would gladly take any of them, and a week or two down the road, they would be "normal."

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I understand the limited interior options are part of the effort to keep costs down. With all the value the Maverick offers I would never let something like the dash color be a deal killer. I probably don't care about such things as much as others.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
🙋‍♂️ the only thing uglier is blue next to black. Lots of that in the XL.

That being said... Imma be getting used to it!

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think it's ugly..... But I think I would rather have the all black with gray headliner LOL
I live in Texas and hated the black interior on my Honda Fit. Even tinted it absorbed heat when parked and radiated it back out while driving. It took forever to cool down in the summer.

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
🙋‍♂️ the only thing uglier is blue next to black. Lots of that in the XL.

That being said... Imma be getting used to it!

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
this is the first vehicle i ever “special ordered”. blue is my least favorite color. my initial reservation was cactus grey.
after i actually got a good look at the interior i decided against cg.
was going to select white but in the long run the interior made me select area51.

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've seen the XLT in person in a Cactus Gray truck. I thought it looked great. The blue dash is very muted, almost a grayish blue like a steel blue. Not the 80's - 90's blues. I sold my 2015 Chrysler 300 this summer (Las Vegas) and it had the black, Black, BLACK interior that just got hot and booooring. The XLT interior is fresh, interesting, and good looking. Only possible exception is the orange in the console, easily remedied.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen the XLT in person in a Cactus Gray truck. I thought it looked great. The blue dash is very muted, almost a grayish blue like a steel blue. Not the 80's - 90's blues. I sold my 2015 Chrysler 300 this summer (Las Vegas) and it had the black, Black, BLACK interior that just got hot and booooring. The XLT interior is fresh, interesting, and good looking. Only possible exception is the orange in the console, easily remedied.
I'm holding out on criticizing the orange splashes of color until I actually see one. I like color so I think I will like it, but we'll see.

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The blue actually isn't that noticable in person. What I don't care for is the white-ish inserts on the middle of the door panels and on the dashboard
Sponsored