Sponsored

Who "stepped down" to XL because of the ugly interior color choices of XLT? (Not because of cost savings)

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the black interior of the xl over the xlt. Wouldve got an xl but my dealer talked me ik nto the xlt for the wheels and I wanted remote start on the remote so bbn I got the luxury package too. Looking back I wouldve ordered very differently.
Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who "stepped down" to XL because of the ugly interior color choices of XLT?
That is your opinion not mine as I love the interior color of the XLT including the orange accents and stitching.

The XLT with the cruise control (required for me) and not having those ugly steel wheels that the XL has is also a plus for me.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Stepped down" and "ugly" are entirely subjective judgment calls.

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you install a Rostra CC system on your XL and did you DIY? If so, how did the installation go?
I installed the switches in my steering wheel and used forscan to program everything. Everything went surprisingly smooth and I've had no issues

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
I started at the Lariat, threw up when I saw the interior. Looked at the XLT, could figure out what I was being asked to pay $2000 extra for. Ordered an XL. I've been driving for a few years now, and don't need cruise control. 🤣

Sponsored

MaviXL

First Name
Beef... Mr. Boom's dog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not at Maverick Yet
Just for the record there are multiple ways to order an xl plus get cruise. I didn't want the orange just due to my personal taste.

QuesoEnFuego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just received my XLT, I heavily considered going xl because I hated the orange and to a lesser degree thought the blue would look cheap.

I was very pleasantly surprised. The blue interior looks pretty dang good and I don't even hate the orange.

Fisheyelid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only reason I went XLT was to get FX4. Otherwise I would have done the XL. The interior does look a little juvenile IMO, but I was OK with it. Plus I plan to give it to my 13yo when he starts driving in ~3yrs.

marc61

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought all models came with the orange trim when I ordered mine but was relieved to see my XL had normal interior colors when I took delivery!
I was not aware you could get truck without the interior orange trim pieces (which I am not partial to.) What models don’t have that trim ? Tx

Bikeric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD XLT Hybrid Mav
What surprises me is that Ford sells the XL-Hybrid without cruise control. You're never going to get the great mileage without using the Cruise Control on the Hybrid. You would still get better mileage than an EB, but probably not in the 40's.

Sponsored

RenHeyHey

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Fusion, 2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The lariat is what I really want, but just can't do it because of that brown interior. Bring on the orange! I want style, not the "serious adult" look. I actually wish they designed it with colored seatbelts too, that would be perfect

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
I agree XL interior colours way better. I was on the fence so I double down and got the Lux package. If not for Lux package I would have gotten XL over XLT.

Mark6510

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I wanted Cruise Control but decided I couldn't possibly live with the interior color choice of XLT. I find the Navy Pier with grey inserts, orange accents along with the horrible light grey dash panel and half door panels just looked like a mash up. I felt it looked so juvenile and that the combo wouldn't age well in three or four years.

The charcoal interior of the XL just looks better to me. I can live with the blue plastics on the balance of the interior.

I ended up ordering an XL AWD, Towing, 360, spray in liner etc. Gonna add a Rostra cruise control when they have a Mav kit available for around $300 unless a more "stock" Ford option comes to fruition.
The interior color scheme of the XLT was a deal breaker for me. I prefer the darker colors of the XL and would love it if Ford would have offered the XLT with the XL interior. I'll add the Rostra aftermarket cruise control if I feel that I need it.

Snoopcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Honda Accord, 70 Mustang Convertible
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was leery of the orange accents as well but actually like them and the options I have on the XLT.
Saw and XL at a gas station and the steel wheels were hideous. Made the truck look cheap.

FESTUS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

one more in the great white north that agrees with you my velocity blue with the orange accents interior looks killer
Sponsored