First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's a 22 XL EB FWD 360 CP that we accepted after dealer or Ford messed up our 23 order. This was a cancelled order. I'm going to have a receiver hitch installed, probably by U-Haul . I find two Curt hitch numbers 13504 and etrailer has it as C84Br. Does anyone know which is correct? By the way, we like the truck!

Ford Maverick Which aftermarket hitch? IMG_2190.JPG

Ford Maverick Which aftermarket hitch? IMG_2193.JPG
Sponsored

uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Checked with Ford dealership. They do not void the warranty. They bolt on the same way the Ford hitch does.
I believe the factory hitch is welded on the crash bar not bolted on.

Sounds like the biggest issue is the wiring, I would try the Curt.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WishingNHoping
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
WishingNHoping
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i wondered if they were the same, thanks for the info.

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

SuperDave71

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was pretty impressed with the quality of the Curt. Grade 8 fasteners, a couple of ‘fish wires’ to make easy work of a couple carriage bolts that are mounted in the frame, and the hitch has the rearmost exhaust hanger integrated into its construction. Very well thought out. I spent some time trimming the bumper cutout for a cleaner look, and was done in about an hour.

Sponsored

uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great to hear about the Curt, that would be my choice.

Can you post some pics please ?

Did you use the Curt wire harness ?

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Does the Curt hitch give you more space for the spare tire? It looks like it may from the photos.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was pretty impressed with the quality of the Curt. Grade 8 fasteners, a couple of ‘fish wires’ to make easy work of a couple carriage bolts that are mounted in the frame, and the hitch has the rearmost exhaust hanger integrated into its construction. Very well thought out. I spent some time trimming the bumper cutout for a cleaner look, and was done in about an hour.
Curt also has relay setup with T connectors that plug in between tail lights and tail light pig tails. It has its own 12 volt from battery or fuze panel to furnish power for trailer. It uses very very little if any current from trucks circuit. In addition curt has a WiFi brake controller that plugs into a 7pin plug and and a phone app to enter controls. Can have different vehicles and trailer combinations set up in app.

Fdnewbie

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Honda Civic LX 6M
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Curt hitches are great from what I have heard (I add another layer of paint to all hitches but I live in a high salt area). However, I installed a Curt T connector wiring harness with a little powered converter on a 2018 Honda Civic in Feb 2021. Almost 2 years later, and the stop and turn still work, but the tail /running light circuit in the converter has stopped working. I debugged it, and signal goes in but no trailer signal comes out. No, the trailer lights are not shorted to ground. Out of warrantee (1 year). The large on line trailer retailer hinted they may have heard of this before. I bought a Tekonsha converter to replace it. I don’t work for any of these companies, I am just one guy with a personal opinion. No guarantee my new brand will last longer. Maybe it was just my turn to get a stinker. It was not a major problem, just another thing to fix. Congrats on the Maverick!

SuperDave71

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven’t done the lights yet, I was going to use the Curt T adapter. Probably no room for a full sized spare, I can measure if you like, I’ll snap a couple pictures too.
Sponsored