Sponsored

When does the order clock begin with Ford?

Jazzjms

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have read of orders sent to Ford that remained stagnant because something was wrong with the order. I am wondering if this has happened to me.

I placed a Maverick order with a salesperson at my local dealer in November ‘21. I did not get a confirmation from Ford or any further communication from the dealership. About two months later the dealership Sales Manager (SM) called to tell me the salesperson I had dealt with was no longer working there. The SM stated the order had been placed but had no other info. Something did not seem right so I called Ford Customer Service and was told there was an order and given a Ford order number. I was also told the order did not contain my email as the salesperson had used his own. Ford said they could not attach my email but that the dealership could. I contacted the dealer and they said the didn’t know to add my email. During the next month I contacted the dealer 4-5 times about getting my email on the order. Finally the dealer said my email was with Ford. Within an hour I received an email from Ford stating my order was confirmed.

Could my order have been just sitting waiting for my email? I did have an order number early on but fear nothing has been happening without Ford having my email. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lot's of people had orders placed without their emails attached. If Ford told you they had your order, not having your email has nothing to do with it being built.

Fast64Ranchero

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted 96 F150, 65 Mustang, 2021 R3
Ask your dealer if a ROVP was completed on your order. If no ROVP was done you do not have a order that will be filled. Search ROVP for more info, but Ford has to have this to complete a Mav order.

OP
OP
Jazzjms

Jazzjms

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ask your dealer if a ROVP was completed on your order. If no ROVP was done you do not have a order that will be filled. Search ROVP for more info, but Ford has to have this to complete a Mav order.
Thanks for the comment. If ROVP was not completed would there still be an order number with Ford? They gave me a number some time ago. My dealer doesn’t like to reply to me.

Fast64Ranchero

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the comment. If ROVP was not completed would there still be an order number with Ford? They gave me a number some time ago. My dealer doesn’t like to reply to me.
Yes, but it would never move to Priority 2. is your order still 10 or above?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jazzjms

Jazzjms

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, but it would never move to Priority 2. is your order still 10 or above?
Ford customer service says they have no access to the priority code. Do you know who I should contact? Thank you again for reply.

Fast64Ranchero

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford customer service says they have no access to the priority code. Do you know who I should contact? Thank you again for reply.
Your dealer can tell you the Priority code... FYI, Customer Service does have access if they know how to look for it.
Sponsored