First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MINI Cooper S cabrio, 2014 Lincoln Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been dealing with one of our local dealers. As I just mentioned in another thread, this process isn’t totally clear to me. I have been assured that I have an order (but they haven’t asked for a deposit).
We haven’t talked price at all. Should we have? I haven’t signed anything* so if they come in with over MSRP I reckon I can tell them nevermind. Just don’t want them to have ‘seen me coming’!

*Only thing that I’ve done that is in the least ‘official’ is providing my driver’s license.
Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought I was the only one who has placed an order without discussing price at all :D

But in my case, a well placed friend offered to set me up with a good deal. I'm not concerned with deferring that conversation until the vehicle is delivered. From what I've read on this forum, that could be a risky proposition for most. As you note, you can always walk away, but that puts you at the back of the line if you have to start all over again.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought I was the only one who has placed an order without discussing price at all :D

But in my case, a well placed friend offered to set me up with a good deal. I'm not concerned with deferring that conversation until the vehicle is delivered. From what I've read on this forum, that could be a risky proposition for most. As you note, you can always walk away, but that puts you at the back of the line if you have to start all over again.
These guys will sell ANYWHERE IN THE USA- at 4% below Invoice from Ford!! That is the best pricing - I could find. Contact ASAP and register through them! Get in touch with one of these 2 gents: Steven B Wepryk
Sales Manager
Work – 215-674-3600 ext. 377
[email protected]

Thomas Borah,
Owner Operator
Chapman Chevrolet
Chapman Ford of Horsham
Chapman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
215-410-2210
chapmannewcars.com
chapmansellschevys.com

inferno

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevy Colorado, 2022 Ford Maverick
I'm in the same boat except that i gave them a deposit but at least it is refundable. I was in the dealership for maybe a total of 15 min. I gave them my deposit, copy of my drivers license and a copy of my order form. I guess i should probably pay them a visit to discuss cost.

OP
OP
Texchappy

Texchappy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just pinged my salesman. Probably should have done it face to face but being disabled it’s just so much easier to do the electronic thing. Here’s what I said:

”Realized we have t discussed pricing. What were y’all thinking about pricing relative to MSRP?”

Sponsored

gman62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport to Maverick?
So if the MSRP was approximately $37,000. What would be the approximate cost of 4% under dealer cost.

OP
OP
Texchappy

Texchappy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Heard back that they were looking at MSRP.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
These guys will sell ANYWHERE IN THE USA- at 4% below Invoice from Ford!! That is the best pricing - I could find. Contact ASAP and register through them! Get in touch with one of these 2 gents: Steven B Wepryk
Sales Manager
Work – 215-674-3600 ext. 377
[email protected]

Thomas Borah,
Owner Operator
Chapman Chevrolet
Chapman Ford of Horsham
Chapman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
215-410-2210
chapmannewcars.com
chapmansellschevys.com
My local dealer didn't want to discuss price. When I showed them my Chapman quote they offered to match. Unfortunately I placed order with Chapman so I guess it will come down to which order comes in first.

SeaMav206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Focus
I went to my local dealer yesterday to change my order to Lariat Lux. Talked price with my sales guy and they printed a new DORA wirh my X-Plan price and about 2% under invoice. Very happy that I took the time to make the trip.

My very loaded Lariat Lux order with hard cover only costs like $2k more than my previous XLT Lux order without any discounts.

My dealer also told me that my place in line is kept since my order was confirmed by Ford on 6/21 and I can change any configuration until I get a VIN which I did not.
Sponsored