First Name
Kareena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki SX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So today we wake up to find my roommate's wheels taken off of her car and her car just laying on the ground, 5 spots away from my car. We live in a middle class suburb.

Well my brand new truck is suppose to come in in like 10 days. I am nervous AF right now.

What are the odds of a repeat offender to our parking spot? Do any of you take extra precautions to try and prevent wheel theft (i think getting a boot or two would be obnoxious, but honestly what my roommate has to deal with is so awful).

Do you think the Mav will be target for theft?

Does anyone really want my steelies enough to steal them?

Please no unhelpful comments about "you need to get a garage" or "move to a different place".
Sponsored

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m thinking about getting some OEM locking lugs with Ford bucks. Better safe(er) than sorry 😣

New England Aaron

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So today we wake up to find my roommate's wheels taken off of her car and her car just laying on the ground, 5 spots away from my car. We live in a middle class suburb.

Well my brand new truck is suppose to come in in like 10 days. I am nervous AF right now.

What are the odds of a repeat offender to our parking spot? Do any of you take extra precautions to try and prevent wheel theft (i think getting a boot or two would be obnoxious, but honestly what my roommate has to deal with is so awful).

Please no unhelpful comments about "you need to get a garage" or "move to a different place".
What kind of car do they have? That only happens to Hondas around here since they are easy to flip I guess? The maverick rims don't fit on many cars.

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What kind of car do they have? That only happens to Hondas around here since they are easy to flip I guess? The maverick rims don't fit on many cars
Good to know!

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would think your steelies would not be a target. But if you feel the need you could install some Gorilla locking lug nuts, they take a special socket to remove and install (not a regular key as in a keyed lock). Your dealer or tire shop can install them if you don't want to do it yourself.
https://www.gorilla-auto.com/

Sponsored

OP
OP
KRae

KRae

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kareena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki SX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What kind of car do they have? That only happens to Hondas around here since they are easy to flip I guess? The maverick rims don't fit on many cars.
A Ford Focus, 2014 I think. That is good to know that they dont fit on many cars, maybe that'll make it less of a target.

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have wheel locks on my current vehicle. Might reduce your anxiety. Just a thought

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm more worried about catalytic converter theives but I'll be picking up some wheel lock lugs once the truck arrives

OP
OP
KRae

KRae

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kareena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki SX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm more worried about catalytic converter theives but I'll be picking up some wheel lock lugs once the truck arrives
Oh god I am worried about that too. Probably more likely to get stolen than the wheels, but after today I realize that anything can happen.

Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wheel locks are a good idea, even on steelies. Tires are expensive, and new ones are easy to sell.

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford has them 15% off
https://accessories.ford.com/products/chrome-plated-wheel-locks-for-exposed-lugs

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Newer Honda Accord wheels are the most stolen recently. Not sure the Maverick’s size will be that hot. The majority of people who want cheap stolen wheel upgrades want 19-20” that fit their older honda that had limo tint. (and they wonder why they get pulled over when speeding)

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thieves will steal anything. There won't be a big demand right now, but once these things get onto the market they will be BIG targets. The truck will be popular with the modding crowd because it's cheap and has a decent motor.

I am not convinced wheel locks are worth a damn. The guys that steal them have the special wrenches too.

kw86er

First Name
KW86ER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2L XLT FX4
If you get wheel lock lugs you better make sure you keep a tidy cab cause the keys are notorious for going missing just when you need them most. My ram came from the factory with them and I ditched them on the first day. I have met people on the trail with flats and no key.
Sponsored