Sponsored

What's everyone think about the ECVT? Can't make up my mind between Eco or -hybrid

Nitroponynj

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 Mustang GT 95 mustang Cobra 2016 Silverado
  • Banned
What's everyone's thoughts on the e c v t in the hybrid I never liked them before I had a Ford Windstar with a CVT in it and it always sounded like it was screaming at Full Throttle never liked it leaning towards the 8-speed anybody's got any experience with it tell me what you think
Sponsored

MaineMav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150
You can't compare the two, the CVT in your windstar was a pulley unit with a metal band/chain whereas the eCVT in the Maverick uses somewhat of a planetary gear system and is far superior. Night and day difference, it's Toyota technology that I believe Ford pays Toyota to use. An engine has a point in the rev range where it's at basically peak efficiency, the reason it sounds like that is that the eCVT allows it to stay at peak efficiency for best economy and power and changes the effective gear ratio rather than engine speed.

OP
OP
Nitroponynj

Nitroponynj

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
You can't compare the two, the CVT in your windstar was a pulley unit with a metal band/chain whereas the eCVT in the Maverick uses somewhat of a planetary gear system and is far superior. Night and day difference, it's Toyota technology that I believe Ford pays Toyota to use. An engine has a point in the rev range where it's at basically peak efficiency, the reason it sounds like that is that the eCVT allows it to stay at peak efficiency for best economy and power and changes the effective gear ratio rather than engine speed.
have you driven a Maverick hybrid? Wondering how it feels when driving it when you lay into it to pass somebody how it feels breaking I'm trying to find one to test drive but there impossible to find

MaineMav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150
have you driven a Maverick hybrid?
Wife drives an escape hybrid with the same hybrid system in it. Just do some research, plenty of videos out there explaining the ecvt. Also, it depends on what you need it for. Basically if you don't need the truck for towing anything over 2k pounds just order a hybrid in August

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it's great. I don't understand why people make such a big deal about how CVTs drive/feel vs a traditional automatic. It just... goes. In my lariat hybrid you barely even notice the engine unless you gun it

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nitroponynj

Nitroponynj

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
How is it driving on the highway around 75 miles an hour?

Reactions: DCP

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's everyone's thoughts on the e c v t in the hybrid I never liked them before I had a Ford Windstar with a CVT in it and it always sounded like it was screaming at Full Throttle never liked it leaning towards the 8-speed anybody's got any experience with it tell me what you think
eCVT is great on the Maverick Hybrid. I love it.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Ecoboost is quieter with more peak power and not that much different highway fuel economy in the real world. The hybrid is going to be WAY more efficient in stop and go, but it will be a bit louder and some complain about jerky braking at very low speeds in parking lots.

Put on quality headphones, and you can virtually experience what the hybrid will sound like:

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
have you driven a Maverick hybrid? Wondering how it feels when driving it when you lay into it to pass somebody how it feels breaking I'm trying to find one to test drive but there impossible to find
eCVT is smooth as can be. Transition to (and from) ICE engine seamless.

More than enough power at the ready for passing. As for braking, shallow learning curve to squeeze the most efficiency out of the regenerative system, otherwise have discerned no difference from a standard engine vehicle.

OP
OP
Nitroponynj

Nitroponynj

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm really going to try to find one I can test drive before I commit the ordering one

Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So good that I never think of it.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good God not this again.

Is the Search button really that hidden :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Nitroponynj

Nitroponynj

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good God not this again.

Is the Search button really that hidden :rolleyes:
I've read the Hybrid reviews I've read the problems they have with them too breaking at slow speeds lighten up Francis. Glowing catalytic converter, what else should I know about, idle going up and down what else
Sponsored