Sponsored

What would you buy/lease, if the Maverick didn't exist?

Karmic

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I've been searching for a new car for two years, and I've always given up. I drove an '89 Toyota Pickup for 20 years, and then a Honda Element that my son totaled two years ago. I loved both, and would have gladly bought either one again. But mid-size pickups like the Tacoma are too big, with terrible gas mileage. And there's nothing like an Element on the market. I think that the Maverick is going to be just what I was looking for! I only wish that it came with a manual transmission, although I've ordered one anyway.
If Honda made a new Element with a hybrid power plant, I would be all over it. Amazing utility in that little truck. This Maverick is really close!
Sponsored

OP
OP
zeketolliver

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If Honda made a new Element with a hybrid power plant, I would be all over it. Amazing utility in that little truck. This Maverick is really close!
My partner still laments the lack of a Honda Element on the market, as well.

She likes SUV's, I like minivans. We both like pickups, but not the size and price of pre-2022 pickups. I like hybrids. Now the choice is of a Maverick is a no-brainer.

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Buy Nothing - would keep my Acura TL. I can't and refuse to pay any used and new truck price. If the Maverick didn't exist or if the Maverick pricing was in line with current pricing today - then I wouldn't be responding to the thread!

Tomklra14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 Ford F150
Keep my '05 F150. That is likely what is going to happen as the dealer here has still not ordered my Maverick.

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
This is going to be similar to the size of a Toyota Highlander, but half the price. Don't need third row seats, just needed room for 'things'.
Exactly me. Don't really need a third row seat; just space for toolboxes/equipment. I was very close to buying a preowned 2018 Ford Explorer earlier this year. The 4' of cargo area to the second row is perfect for my stuff. Only reason I didn't buy it is because that particular model was a bit too rusty for my southwest self. And since I didn't need a new(er) car, I ended the search.

If the Maverick didn't exist and a tree fell on my Nissan Frontier and totaled it, I'd buy a '17-'19 Explorer, but be less picky. I wanted an XLT or Limited, 4WD, non-EcoBoost, with factory tow. In order of omissions, I'd take away: factory tow, Limited, 4WD, non-EcoBoost.

Sponsored

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte
At this point, nothing. My 2011 Kia Forte with 165,000 miles still runs fine. And my wife's 2013 Kia Sorento with 117,000 miles runs fine. But I've been wanting a truck for a long time. And the timing of this truck will put us in a good position to replace the Sorento when that time comes. I've been looking at very old trucks (dentsides) for a while now and I probably would've gone with one of those, and probably to my own detriment.

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Think I’d keep my 2000 Sierra. Been a good truck and well taken care of. I’m getting the Maverick cause it’s the size and features I’ve been watching for for years.

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
I would keep our '17 Fiesta.

Dreams

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
Would keep our Kia Soul.

charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150
F150 Lightning. Got on that reservation list just before Ford announced the Maverick.

Sponsored

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
2022 Toyota GR86

Wildly impractical but I wouldn’t care. I would have so much fun modifying the living shit out of it.

Ford Maverick What would you buy/lease, if the Maverick didn't exist? C646D396-1B42-4A3D-B894-B49AC1B2B57E

WhoAmI2021

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6S Wagon, E250, Kia Soul
Probably a Civic Sport. It would be mostly for work travel and is a pretty fun car to drive and gets good mileage.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would just keep my 20 Ranger

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would just keep my 2013 Lexus ES 300h.

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been searching for a new car for two years, and I've always given up. I drove an '89 Toyota Pickup for 20 years, and then a Honda Element that my son totaled two years ago. I loved both, and would have gladly bought either one again. But mid-size pickups like the Tacoma are too big, with terrible gas mileage. And there's nothing like an Element on the market. I think that the Maverick is going to be just what I was looking for! I only wish that it came with a manual transmission, although I've ordered one anyway.
I gave my awesome 2006 Element (surf wagon) to my sis. I always thought... if this thing had a truck bed it would be even better.
Sponsored

Last edited: