Sponsored

What Powertrain, Trim, & Packages did you order for 2023?

What Powertrain, Trim, & Packages did you order?

• Total voters

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen these threads spread out over a few posts, but may as well just get them in one place. I mostly want to see how far we've ventured from Ford's Constraints list, with the assumption that we've inverted some of the expectations. Then I enjoy reading through everyone's choices and why, since there's some fun differences of opinion.
Sponsored

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It seems like the black appearance package will be a lot more popular than the 10% allowed constraint.

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Is there a reason that you left out the FX4 package?

OP
OP

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It seems like the black appearance package will be a lot more popular than the 10% allowed constraint.
It’s gotten closer, and we don’t have enough to be too statistically relevant. I’d also guess people on this forum are more likely to order black appearance than normal since non-members are less likely to know it exists.

OP
OP

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there a reason that you left out the FX4 package?
Yup, I was working with the constraints list since that was my interest. But I added it in, since constraints change around so who knows what the issues are in 9 months.

Sponsored

rjvandoel

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cruze LT 16, Odyssey EX-L 23, Maverick XLT 23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Kind of fun to see how this poll breaks down compared to the allocation figures Ford released.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Brilliant poll, nice comprehensive list of options as well. We need more votes :geek:

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there a way for us normal peeps to see what Ford has allocated to our little local dealership?

BlueBlazins

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Hybrid, '22 Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Definitely need some more data but it looks like XL hybrid could be pretty constrained based on 35% hybrid and 15% XL production

Yvonne Federowicz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Yvonne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT ordered 11/21; Subaru XTrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been wondering about the percentages for various packages that Ford provided, as mentioned in the very helpful Fordvideoguy Youtube last week.

I might get the numbers wrong but that's not the main issue I'm asking about.

An example: if hybrids are 35% and XLTs are 60% and Co-pilot is 40%, is the percent of trucks with all three equal to

.35*.6*.4 = .08 or 8%,

Or is it more like, Ford has components for hybrid engines for 35% or all the Mavericks it will make this year, 60% of all the Mavericks can be XLTs, and 40% can have Co-Pilot? So the most restrictive of these three numbers is the 35%, so the total that can be built in 2023 is more like 35% of all Ford's Mavericks -- more or less?

Sponsored

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Kept mine simple on purpose, hoping to make it easier for schedulers to pick up. HPR XLT hybrid, only added the $100 tow bar because I can't get one added aftermarket for anywhere near that. Simple for the win, maybe?? 🤞🤞

BlueBlazins

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Hybrid, '22 Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been wondering about the percentages for various packages that Ford provided, as mentioned in the very helpful Fordvideoguy Youtube last week.

An example: if hybrids are 35% and XLTs are 60% and Co-pilot is 40%, is the percent of trucks with all three equal to

.35*.6*.4 = .08 or 8%,

Or is it more like, Ford has components for hybrid engines for 35% or all the Mavericks it will make this year, 60% of all the Mavericks can be XLTs, and 40% can have Co-Pilot? So the most restrictive of these three numbers is the 35%, so the total that can be built in 2023 is more like 35% of all Ford's Mavericks -- more or less?
I think in general your first theory is correct. Although when you start multiplying by package percentages, it won't be as accurate because some packages are restricted to a certain trim level or engine.

OP
OP

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

.35*.6*.4 = .08 or 8%,

My assumption is that the constraint percentages are the (# of vehicles produced with this package)/(# of vehicles that it could have been added to), and similar for trim and drivetrain. It’s easy for trim and drivetrain since the denominator is the total mavericks produced. For the packages it’s a bit more complex since they can only go certain builds.

The reason I think this is the Lariat Lux constraint of 25%. If it was 25% of the total Maverick production, it would mean 25/26 Lariats would need to have Lux, which feels unlikely for a constraint.

In your example, yes it’s multiplicative. I was bored and did that math on this post if you feel like checking it out. https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...es-for-2023-maverick.20132/page-8#post-379691
Sponsored