Sponsored

What kind of discounts off of sticker have you folks gotten?

OP
OP

ronwagn

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 3500 SL 12 seat van (trade or sell).
I got Fords A-Plan discount which not only cut MSRP but also eliminated the $799 dealer fee. I also didn’t have to pay sales tax for being a disabled Veteran. Maverick MSRP $37,845 with total savings of $4,781 OTD price $33,064.
Congratulations, and thank you very much for your service! I am a vet from before Vietnam really heated up. Army medic in Germany.

I have supposedly missed the cutoff to get my vehicle ordered and have to wait for ordering to open again. Maybe for a 2023. I am looking for a Lariat hybrid.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ronwagn

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hah, I had to pay a $2500 "market adjustment" over msrp
OH NO! At least you got one going. I leaned about the Maverick too late and now I am told that it is too late to place an order until they get it opened up again!

OP
OP

ronwagn

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got one of those in the mail, good until April 4th. Hope mine comes in before then? Ordered Oct 2nd.
Is that a Veterans discount or what. I have now heard about an A discount and an X discount and a disabled veterans discount also. I don't have any details though. I am a vet.
How can we get to the Ford site you are on?

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got $3,000 discount off F150. Expedition, etc. coupon direct from Ford, ended up being worth $750 on the Maverick. Expires mid April, hope mine gets delivered by then or that Ford would possibly extended the date in consideration the backup/long waits. Place my order mid December.

Sponsored

Fredvon4

Banned
Banned
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep grand cherokee
Is that a Veterans discount or what. I have now heard about an A discount and an X discount and a disabled veterans discount also. I don't have any details though. I am a vet.
How can we get to the Ford site you are on?
I retired in 1996 and joined almost every Veterans group there is. One, the DAV has been a FORD PARTNER for decades. They have a way for Vets to get the X plan.
So Does EAA and Farmers insurance.
Each "Ford Partner" organization has some minimum time of "Membership" before the new member is eligible to apply for the X plan PIN

To find out more got to the DAV web site and read about member perks

Ford themselves have offered a $500 cash for all Military active, disabled or just retired with one caveat ...any vet who just simply ETSed has to use the discount within 24 months of "getting out"

As seen in this thread Ford occasionally send out special discount notices, not every body get the Ford Pushed discount and some times the "Gift" is a Item and not cash discount. My 2005 F-250 order got me a Note that on delivery the dealer would give me a $599 value Milwaukee Battery powered set of tools that I did get on top of Xplan and $500 mil discount

X plan equates to Friends and family and is different from all the various discounts Ford employees can get. X plan may or may not be accepted by any dealer. Most accept some do not. X plan basically has dealer selling for ONLY 3% over invoice and has limitations on any Dealer add costs, it also caps things like Doc fees based on region or state. While not the best discount vs others plans it does (if dealer accepts) absolutely prevent MSRP and Higher cost of any vehicle. Well any os technically wrong; Ford has exclusions to some plans based on a particular model like a low production high demand like Mustang Bullet etc

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
4% under invoice pricing at Chapman Ford.

Ended up paying $35.6k with tax, title and tags delivered to Ford Courtesy dealer in GA.

MSRP was $37.2k for my fully loaded Larait 2.0 awd with moonroof.

So saved a good chunk of money and didn’t have to drive to PA to get it.

OP
OP

ronwagn

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I retired in 1996 and joined almost every Veterans group there is. One, the DAV has been a FORD PARTNER for decades. They have a way for Vets to get the X plan.
So Does EAA and Farmers insurance.
Each "Ford Partner" organization has some minimum time of "Membership" before the new member is eligible to apply for the X plan PIN

To find out more got to the DAV web site and read about member perks

Ford themselves have offered a $500 cash for all Military active, disabled or just retired with one caveat ...any vet who just simply ETSed has to use the discount within 24 months of "getting out"

As seen in this thread Ford occasionally send out special discount notices, not every body get the Ford Pushed discount and some times the "Gift" is a Item and not cash discount. My 2005 F-250 order got me a Note that on delivery the dealer would give me a $599 value Milwaukee Battery powered set of tools that I did get on top of Xplan and $500 mil discount

X plan equates to Friends and family and is different from all the various discounts Ford employees can get. X plan may or may not be accepted by any dealer. Most accept some do not. X plan basically has dealer selling for ONLY 3% over invoice and has limitations on any Dealer add costs, it also caps things like Doc fees based on region or state. While not the best discount vs others plans it does (if dealer accepts) absolutely prevent MSRP and Higher cost of any vehicle. Well any os technically wrong; Ford has exclusions to some plans based on a particular model like a low production high demand like Mustang Bullet etc

OP
OP

ronwagn

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great information and detail. Thank you very much and thanks for your service!

notjoey

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, C5 Z06, VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Invoice less any incentives. No doc fees or dealer add ons. Walterboro Ford, Walterboro SC

Sponsored
OP
OP

ronwagn

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What dealer gave you that kind of discount?
Sounds like a good discount but a high doc fee. I don't know much about doc fees and how much they cost.
Thanks

OP
OP

ronwagn

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Invoice less any incentives. No doc fees or dealer add ons. Walterboro Ford, Walterboro SC
Yeah, that confirms to me that the doc fees are just extra profit. Something to watch for. I was stationed at Fort Jackson before shipping out to Germany. I love South Carolina and have a Myrtle Beach Visor hat staring at me right now. My sister and law and her husband moved to Eastern Tennessee about a year ago from Summerville where he was a fire captain. He was born there.

Thanks for the info!

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
Sounds like a good discount but a high doc fee. I don't know much about doc fees and how much they cost.
Thanks
"Doc fees" are fake charges the dealer adds onto the price of the vehicle. It's a made-up term to make the customer think it's to cover administrative costs. Rip off. 100% profit.

And thank you for your service.

Last edited:

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
Others have endorsed Walterboro Ford.

Maybe the small town dealer could be the go to place for Mavericks in the Georgia-South Carolina area.

westyman71

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, I just ordered my second Maverick.
Ordered a hybrid XLT back in June. Took delivery 1/2/22
Paid MSRP ($24,275) minus $500 Farm Bureau discount. With tax, title, etc. was $25,467 out the door
Just ordered an Ecoboost XL, just a basic truck. Only added trailer hitch and full size spare.
Ordered through Granger Motors of Granger, Iowa (Just outside of Des Moines)
They are offering $3000 off MSRP
MSRP was $22,790 minus $3000 off, so it will be $19,790 minus Farm Bureau $500, so $19,290 plus tax, ect. $100 non-refundable deposit. Got my confirmation 30 minutes after I made the deposit.
Probably going to be a while before I get it, but I waited 6 1/2 months for the first one.
Best wishes, all
Sponsored