Sponsored

What is the slot used for just below the Traction buttons? My dog dropped some debris in it.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Service technician Business Card

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know what you mean. I have a Great Pyrenees. I cover this area because I drink coffee and water and do not want to risk dropping liquid on the shifter and buttons ...... just covered this area with a hat with the bill stuffed between the console and seat.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's really just unused space in the hybrid, where the EcoBoost buttons would go (auto start/stop engine etc). They added that little slot for things like holding a parking pass or similar. More of an afterthought like the infamous "cubby" next to the infotainment screen. To your point about the dog-debris, you might be able to just vacuum it out but the debris won't hurt anything in there.
That slot is on most fords, it is used to hold a card like a credit card at McD’s or gate pass at work or something like that.

TMAC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick & 94 Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A special CREDIT CARD. By 2025 when you exceed the speed limit, Or violate ANY law, A chip in the instrument cluster automatically charges the card. No more foul language ? That's what we get for defunding the po po.

Sponsored

hooliganmom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was stoked that there was a little slot to hold my parking card I til I got my Maverick and the card is too thick!