• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

What is the priority for production on these stock orders?

Sefbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Read elsewhere that scheduling will start on Thursday for the first build. Does anyone have an idea how they pull in the orders/determine priority for production?
Sponsored

jredecop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150
Curious about that too. If it’s like ram, nothing matters, all random. Hopefully ford has some order they go by. I ordered from a tiny dealership so that’s telling me I’ll be at the back of this list.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Order time stamps + regional delivery capabilities would be my first guess.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
And since every dealership is only getting one, if you are second or more I the list don’t expect it till next year

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
And since every dealership is only getting one, if you are second or more I the list don’t expect it till next year
I don't know if that's the case. Autonation here in Ohio swears they got an allocation of 5. My regular dealer didn't get any. I think it depends. According to Long McArthurs there's only 1800 in the order banks and they're not taking stock orders anymore. They can build 1800 vehicles pretty fast.

Sponsored

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
I don't know if that's the case. Autonation here in Ohio swears they got an allocation of 5. My regular dealer didn't get any. I think it depends. According to Long McArthurs there's only 1800 in the order banks and they're not taking stock orders anymore. They can build 1800 vehicles pretty fast.
Those 1800 are regular rangers not Raptors

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Those 1800 are non raptor retail orders.

OP
OP

Sefbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
There are dealerships that I went back and forth with that promised me they have multiple allocations. Basically, when I put their feet to the fire and told them I knew about the one stock order per dealership for the first build cycle, they “elaborated” and told me that they technically only have one they can place now but were told by their regional contact that they will end up getting “x” amount and that they can put those in the system but they won’t be pulled before the initial stock orders are built. Any dealership that is saying they have multiple allocations is either going off what they can technically put in the system even they know they won’t be pulled until after the first build cycle or are straight up lying to get you to commit to an order that they have no idea when it will be built.

If a dealership got an allocation, it was for one stock order and everything else they say beyond that is them stretching the truth for potential future allocations or just being misleading deliberately.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
There are dealerships that I went back and forth with that promised me they have multiple allocations. Basically, when I put their feet to the fire and told them I knew about the one stock order per dealership for the first build cycle, they “elaborated” and told me that they technically only have one they can place now but were told by their regional contact that they will end up getting “x” amount and that they can put those in the system but they won’t be pulled before the initial stock orders are built. Any dealership that is saying they have multiple allocations is either going off what they can technically put in the system even they know they won’t be pulled until after the first build cycle or are straight up lying to get you to commit to an order that they have no idea when it will be built.

If a dealership got an allocation, it was for one stock order and everything else they say beyond that is them stretching the truth for potential future allocations or just being misleading deliberately.
The one thing I still don't know is if my stock order is their first allocation or a future allocation. I guess I'll know when dealers tell people on here when their stock builds are scheduled.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
The one thing I still don't know is if my stock order is their first allocation or a future allocation. I guess I'll know when dealers tell people on here when their stock builds are scheduled.
Uh ask them? If they say they don't know they are lying. They damn well know who they are selling their first raptor to.

Sponsored

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat

Well, I hope you're wrong. I don't know if the allocation was for the single dealership, or the total dealerships they have across NE Ohio, which is 5. I called on Wednesday and pressed them and they said my order was accepted and they expect a VIN and scheduled production date in the next week. If they are lying, I guess I'll just let it ride and look at a TRD PRO. I'm between those two anyway. I know I couldn't pick my color, etc... because they were already ordered when I talked to the dealer.

OP
OP

Sefbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Having 5 allocations for their network of individual dealerships makes sense. You should be good

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Uh ask them? If they say they don't know they are lying. They damn well know who they are selling their first raptor to.
I mean I have asked them but you can tell they are giving me the under promise over deliver approach. They have said things like, you are the first one to put in an order, then they messaged me to say they have converted my order to stock. So they have said all the right things short of precisely stating I am getting their first allocation.

At this point I cant keep pressing them on it because I'm already promised MSRP but now that these Raptors are all stock orders, technically it's more reason for these dealers to sell for whatever they want. So, I'm just trying to play it cool and not give them a reason to change their minds on anything.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Well, I hope you're wrong. I don't know if the allocation was for the single dealership, or the total dealerships they have across NE Ohio, which is 5. I called on Wednesday and pressed them and they said my order was accepted and they expect a VIN and scheduled production date in the next week. If they are lying, I guess I'll just let it ride and look at a TRD PRO. I'm between those two anyway. I know I couldn't pick my color, etc... because they were already ordered when I talked to the dealer.
They are either lying or FOS. Production hasn’t started yet and is still a moving target. There’s several key milestones to OKTB before any vehicles can be sold. A couple separate reviews of the order and locking it from further changes. Then it can be “previewed” in “unscheduled clean” status indefinitely.

No orders will be pulled for production until they can actually sell and ship them. They don’t want a bunch of finished vehicles sitting in storage lots in Purgatory waiting for last approvals before they can ship to customers. Assigning VINs is way further down the road, like months, from happening and they won’t actually be “in the factory” able to go down the line until your Window Sticker with MPG numbers is posted.

OP
OP

Sefbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I don’t want it to seem like I keep attacking what the dealer is telling you, but they can 100% customize the order to exactly the way you want it. At this stage nothing has been pulled in by Ford and they have only inserted orders that will be pulled in the future. Those orders aren’t locked in any way and multiple dealers I have talked to told me they can go back in and change what they have already submitted if I would commit to buying the vehicle with a deposit.

Again, I don’t want to seem like I’m picking here, but a lot of what they are saying isn’t adding up and don’t want you to get burnt. Seems like they want to order them they way they think will sell best on the lot instead of letting you build it the way you want.
Sponsored