Sponsored

What is the length of 2 x 8" board to use as divider?

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What should the length be for a 2 x 8" board to be used as a divider in the slot near the tailgate?
Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had to notch the top of the board too to clear the tails of my X4S bed cover. So if your installing a cover, consider whether it intrudes in to the bed space.

OP
OP

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had to notch the top of the board too to clear the tails of my X4S bed cover. So if your installing a cover, consider whether it intrudes in to the bed space.
It's coming with a tri-fold hard tonneau cover. You mean it won't fit with the cover?

Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's coming with a tri-fold hard tonneau cover. You mean it won't fit with the cover?
Don't know as I have a hard roll up which has locking rails thay are narrower than the board slots.
No need to worry. You can make it work either way.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't know as I have a hard roll up which has locking rails thay are narrower than the board slots.
No need to worry. You can make it work either way.
You can always opt for a two by six instead. Less weighty and cumbersome to deal with when removing or inserting.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can always opt for a two by six instead. Less weighty and cumbersome to deal with when removing or inserting.
True dat. Then you won't have interference from cover rails.

Really you want to keep stuff from sliding around and you don't need height for that usually.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
True dat. Then you won't have interference from cover rails.

Really you want to keep stuff from sliding around and you don't need height for that usually.
Yeah. I'm not sure why you'd go so wide. I use a 2x3. Works to keep things from sliding/rolling while still allowing plenty of vertical space under my cover to slide things in/out

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah. I'm not sure why you'd go so wide. I use a 2x3. Works to keep things from sliding/rolling while still allowing plenty of vertical space under my cover to slide things in/out
Indeed. I went 10" but now think a 2×4 would be best in most situations.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll post it here since the subject is being discussed. Doesn't the flexbed thing feel a little like snake oil? My father has a 1994 F-150 that has notches for lumber for the same purpose. That's just always been a part of a truck bed. I've kinda always rolled my eyes at Ford's branding of using 2x4s to get more functionality out of my $36,000 truck as a feature.

But that's just me. Carry on.

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’m using 2 two by fours since i put groceries in the back a lot.you need to put something on the ends of board to take up lose play after you slide them in place.i used a old piece of rug.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have a spray in liner you might have to shave a little off the 54 1/2. I went with 2 2x6 and think it's perfect!

Scott440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
NE Ohio where I get no respect from some dealers..
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a spray in liner and also tonneau cover. Stacked 2 - 2x4's (7" height) then used 2 small mending plates to screw together. I could only get one in at a time because I cut them for very tight fit with no play at ends. They will not come out in one piece because of hitting cover rail unless I unscrew the mending plates first so if I have to remove I carry a screwdriver..lol! Screwed some hooks along top for bungy cords. I use this space for carrying groceries etc. which it works quite well for.
Sponsored