Sponsored

What is the age demographic of most buyers?

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can appreciate your point of view here. Unfortunately I've observed it's impossible to change the minds or actions of others over 50 lol Good luck and I will stand BEHIND you.
I have no illusion that I'm going to change any minds, least of all here. Is what it is.
Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can appreciate your point of view here. Unfortunately I've observed it's impossible to change the minds or actions of others over 50 lol Good luck and I will stand BEHIND you.
I don't think age has anything to do with it. With the rise of the internet everybody thinks they are expert, Millennials included.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think age has anything to do with it. With the rise of the internet everybody thinks they are expert, Millennials included.
As an upper end millennial, we're older than people think.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honestly, I just get a bit peeved when people need to criticize what other people buy, use, and in general their values. I would have been just as irritated seeing a post on the F150 forum or Super Duty forum talking smack about "tree huggers buying a Maverick Hybrid".

I come to MTC to get information about the Maverick. Age demographic information is interesting, but we can use less of dissing other peoples choices. Life your own life, and worry about you.

Signed,
Owner of F150
Future owner of Hybrid Maverick (if it ever gets built)

James K

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure about older folks regaining their youth. I'm 66 and retired and just wanted the utility, simplicity (had been driving Audis) and economy.

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
30-39 buyer here:) Ive seen quite few younger people on fb,reddit.

Dale Ducheneaux

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2023 Maverick XLT 9/16/22
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have pretty much a Chevy Guy all my life but sold my 2013 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 extended cab with topper Victory Red which had under 38,000 miles looking to buy a Ford Maverick.

MetalThunder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ecoboost AWD Oxford White
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First Time Ford Owner

Waiting for it aged me 5 additional years,
Now
Driving it knocked off 10 ;)

57 years young here

Wife has fallen in love with this Maverick too, shell be in line for an Iconic Silver when 23 ordering opens.
BTW age is a state of mind
Cheers

Last edited:

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Automakers target younger buyers with vehicle like the Maverick, Honda Element, Scion xD, etc, but in reality older buyers end up buying them. Many younger buyers still don't have the $25-35k to spend, and the ones that do usually want to try and impress with what they buy, while older buyers recognize the value being presented on these "youth" vehicles. I have no doubt that the average age for Maverick buyers is going to be over 40.
Right you are, I'm 82, and sill do my own wrenching. Older drivers had lots of vehicles, and know what is worth buying. The Maverick is the best deal out there, no matter which model you pick with the options you want. I ordered a Hybrid Lariat loaded for all the safety features that older drivers could use. I dought this will be my last new vehicle, I may drive 'till I reach 100! Ordered Mav on 7/5/21, picked up from Sarasota Ford 3/9/22 Hot Pepper Red No Regreats!

Last edited:
Sponsored

Yvonne Federowicz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Yvonne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT ordered 11/21; Subaru XTrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
58 and female here. Disclaimer: I have hugged a tree. But not a soccer mom.

My hoped-for Maverick will partly be used in volunteering to help restore American chestnut trees, actually... Plus it will fit in my garage and not get covered in ice and snow for half the year!

(Partly responding to the F-150 owners mentioned above who disparaged tree huggers. Their tougher trucks are great for some things but everything human has limits... They wouldn't make it through the Mississippi floods right now, or the middle of those fires out west. Hmmm.)

Last edited:

Mr Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK XLT ,TOYOTA CHR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am in my fifties. On the way to the Toyota dealership, I passed by the Ford dealership seen the truck on the lot , the rest is history. I am happy and my bank account is happier.

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm 72. We had a little farm like set up. Wish I had it when that was really going.
Sponsored