Sponsored

What is the age demographic of most buyers?

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all I know that Ford was marketing to younger first time buyers but I'm curious.
Reading so many of these reviews I feel like a lot of us are in our 50s wonder what the current demographics is for most of the buyers. I think younger buyers in 20s might be interested. I think a lot of older guys are interested ( as we remember how awesome small trucks were in the 80s ) Who else are really buying these trucks? I don't think soccer moms?
Sponsored

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
I'm 31. I've owned nothing but manual cars up until placing the order for the Maverick. I'm over the sporty, harsher rides and want something a bit more comfortable and practical.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Remember as well that a forum is going to skew to older age groups, where younger potential buyers might look to places like the Reddit user group.

I'm in the middle and read both!

Sponsored

fourwheelsandadream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Remember as well that a forum is going to skew to older age groups, where younger potential buyers might look to places like the Reddit user group.

I'm in the middle and read both!
Can confirm. I wouldn't even know forums online existed if it wouldn't have been linked on reddit

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
I'm 59 female and i reddit, but found this forum from news feed. I work in the auto parts industry, and lean towards Fords. I need some cargo room, but don't need a big truck...Besides, my current vehicle is a Fiesta. I like thinking I am driving the new iteration of an old nameplate, even if they weren't the finest examples of Ford history. Here's hoping the new Maverick is worth this wait.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm in my mid 20's. Seems like everyone my age hates the Maverick because it's not a big truck... But this is also coming from the people that I don't even see them use their bed
You know whats weird? The Maverick is the perfect truck for people who buy trucks but don't use them as such. Cheaper, more efficient, but same in-cabin experience.

It's almost like people who buy giant F-150s so they can put two bags of groceries in the bed while getting 12 miles to the gallon driving to their next accident where they'll crush the other vehicle and its occupants like an empty beer can aren't making rational decisions.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
You know whats weird? The Maverick is the perfect truck for people who buy trucks but don't use them as such. Cheaper, more efficient, but same in-cabin experience.

It's almost like people who buy giant F-150s so they can put two bags of groceries in the bed while getting 12 miles to the gallon driving to their next accident where they'll crush the other vehicle and its occupants like an empty beer can aren't making rational decisions.
Exactly why I ordered one!

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Automakers target younger buyers with vehicle like the Maverick, Honda Element, Scion xD, etc, but in reality older buyers end up buying them. Many younger buyers still don't have the $25-35k to spend, and the ones that do usually want to try and impress with what they buy, while older buyers recognize the value being presented on these "youth" vehicles. I have no doubt that the average age for Maverick buyers is going to be over 40.

Sponsored

tsled

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.helibuilder.net
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray, Hybrid, XLT Maverick
I am 72.5 I have owned many high end sport cars and 4 Ford Rangers over the years. All have been manual shift till the 2021 Ranger EB I bought in Feb. I was surprised at the size of the "new" Ranger to all the old ones. Then I heard about the Maverick, put my order in with Tim in July for a Hybrid, she was built 2 weeks ago and should be at the dealer this week.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
68% of the votes are 40 or older.

This poll is irrelevant unless the people here are a cross section of the buying public in the area in which the maverick is sold. It is only relevant in the sense that they are
1. people that are on this forum
2 people that are on this forum that have chosen to participate in this poll.

Last edited:

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Automakers target younger buyers with vehicle like the Maverick, Honda Element, Scion xD, etc, but in reality older buyers end up buying them. Many younger buyers still don't have the $25-35k to spend, and the ones that do usually want to try and impress with what they buy, while older buyers recognize the value being presented on these "youth" vehicles. I have no doubt that the average age for Maverick buyers is going to be over 40.
People mis-understand target marketing. In target marketing a company can target a segment they wish to attract because it is a new market for them. They also know full well that they may be attractive to other markets that the do not directly market to, or have a need to market to because the data show that they will buy the product anyway. If they can increase sales in a new segment they can increase future sales for the brand also.

Also in marketing to the youth they are attracting an older market that has a feeling of regaining their youth by buying a product aimed at a younger market. What do you see when you look at this captured forum poll? A number of older buyers buying for all the numerous reasons aimed at the "target market"
Sponsored

Last edited: