Sponsored

What is going on with " in production " for weeks now?

OP
OP
GyroRon

GyroRon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-250 Lariat, 2019 Mazda CX9, tons of bikes
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My '24 Lariat Hybrid HPR, ('23 rollover), Moonroof only option, has been in "production" since 10/26 ( 2 weeks). I did a Ford Chat 1 week ago(11/1). They said it just came back from "body company". I did another chat tonight (11/8) and all they could say was, in production, came back from "body company". Check with my dealer. I'm a patient 70 year old guy, it will get here soon, but ....
That is exactly what they told me as well. And they gave me a estimated date of delivery of about 2 weeks from now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GyroRon

GyroRon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And yeah, I hate to be so impatient.

I have been waiting on this truck for a hot minute.... Wanted it ever since early spring of 2022...

Bad thing is I actually have had a maverick hybrid I bought from my dealer ( was someone else's turned down order, that I had the good fortune of getting at MSRP ) back in early June of this year... and with this Lariat expected to come in mid November, I went ahead and sold the current truck to Carvana before it's value went down any further.

Justin_Fitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid - Lariat - Cactus Grey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine was scheduled for production (10/9) switched to in production (10/11) and I have no updates still. Have talked to both my dealer and Ford Support no update other than it is built and is waiting to ship. They have been telling me this since (10/20). Hard to be patient when you've already waited 419 days, but I guess at this point what's another month?

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My build had been in production since October 18, modules popped on the 27th. No budge since. Got the Ford built email this morning, November 9. Thankfully, I made a switcheroo for a new 23 model and the dealer gets to keep the 24. It's all good.

Samus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine got upgraded to "shipped" yesterday... Hopefully the rest of you guys have your trucks on the rail as well, just haven't gotten an update...

Sponsored

mlejneks

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My order looks to have switched to "in production" yesterday, with a build week of Nov 13th (original build week was Oct 30)

DadsLariat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat Hybrid, 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just looked this morning , my Lariat Hybrid just switched to Built. In Production 10/26, Built 11/09, 15 days. Can someone explain what the difference is between the green dot and the green dot with check mark on all the steps. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but just like to know. Also, no email or text from Ford with this update.

OP
OP
GyroRon

GyroRon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
More weirdness.... I had originally ordered 4 trucks back in Sept of last year. A XLT with lux and the lariat at one dealer and then duplicate orders at another dealer. Out of 4 trucks ordered, only one of the XLT's was actually scheduled as a 23, it was scheduled for a late august build and it was built the week it was scheduled and shipped out a few days later and it already came to the dealer within 3 weeks or so from when I got the notice it was built.

( I had planned to buy it and that be my keeper, but then got notice the Lariat was rolled over as a 24 and it was scheduled, so I found someone here on this forum that wanted the XLT and I presold it to him for a little over my cost, so when it came in I bought it and immediately handed it off to him as I wanted to wait it out for the lariat )

Then my next move was to CANCEL the two trucks that I had ordered from the second dealer and get my deposit back. They had rolled over the orders as 24's as well, but with the lariat coming from dealer 1, and the market softening on reselling these I just didn't want to fool with them. That dealer returned my deposit but didn't cancel the orders. I found out while talking to Ford marketing ( I had called them to ask about the private cash offer details ) that the Lariat I ordered at dealer 2 was scheduled to be built the week of November 6th. But since the truck from dealer 1 was scheduled to be built over 2 weeks earlier I had no reason to keep my deposit on truck from dealer 2. Well low and behold I got a email out of the blue yesterday that the Lariat from dealer 2 did go into production this week and is now built and awaiting shipping.

I guess I am going to make a call to dealer 2 a little later this morning and see if they will still sell me the truck, and honor my X plan and whatnot. I was a little put off by them because when the salesman rolled over the orders, he attached a note on the order sheet that there would be a near 2 grand " protection package " tacked onto my orders... So for that reason plus the fact that dealer 1's truck was scheduled over 2 weeks sooner I tried to cancel that order.

And funny thing is, this kind of mirrors my first " ordering " experience from back in 2021. I wanted a new F250 and they were so hard to come by you had to order them and wait. I did the same thing then.... Ordered one truck from dealer 2, then 3 weeks later I ordered a duplicate from dealer 1. Then waited... And as luck would have it, both trucks ended up scheduled for production on the same week and both shipped out at the same time. Somehow, the first truck that showed up on either dealers lot, showed up at dealer 1, so I went there and bought it immediately. The second truck didn't show up for another 2 weeks, at dealer 2.... and I had found a buyer for it, so I bought it and immediately handed him the keys and off he went.

OP
OP
GyroRon

GyroRon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just looked this morning , my Lariat Hybrid just switched to Built. In Production 10/26, Built 11/09, 15 days. Can someone explain what the difference is between the green dot and the green dot with check mark on all the steps. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but just like to know. Also, no email or text from Ford with this update.
I have no idea. I would guess that once its shipped, the green dot under built, will then have a check mark. Do you have a window sticker yet?

And I checked my order twice now this morning and still no updates or changes on mine. And the second order that is showing as built, also doesn't have a window sticker yet either.

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My '24 Lariat Hybrid HPR, ('23 rollover), Moonroof only option, has been in "production" since 10/26 ( 2 weeks). I did a Ford Chat 1 week ago(11/1). They said it just came back from "body company". I did another chat tonight (11/8) and all they could say was, in production, came back from "body company". Check with my dealer. I'm a patient 70 year old guy, it will get here soon, but ....
My Lariat Hybrid with moon roof as the only option sat in the "return from body company" stage for 10 days prior to going built then shipped the next day. It's pretty frustrating waiting on that extended production dot in the tracker. It shipped on Nov 5th and as of this morning is about 25 miles from the TX state line.

Ford Maverick What is going on with " in production " for weeks now? 1699627515543

Last edited:
Sponsored
OP
OP
GyroRon

GyroRon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well my truck finally updated from " almost built" to built on Friday. Didn't get a email until late Saturday confirming that, but on Friday when I used the tracker it showed built. It is just awaiting shipping.

The second truck I ordered from the other dealer, that is already built... Well I called on Friday and spoke to one of the sales managers and he said even though I bailed on the order and got my deposit back, they would still love to sell me the truck. And from what I can gather they would still accept my X plan and whatnot. But they want to charge me extra money for some " Protection package " that he says all new vehicles sold through them get and that package is mandatory. I am not interested in paying anything over sticker for a package I don't want or need. I will likely call back and speak to the sales manager I have dealt with before, and just tell him straight up that I have two identical trucks on order, both built, both likely to ship out any day, and I will buy whichever one shows up first... But only buying theirs if the deal is MSRP minus X plan, and minus the PCO, and then tax and tag. Will have to see what he says

DadsLariat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat Hybrid, 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was in production for 15 days, received the "almost built" email after 7 days in production. I looked at the tracker to see the "built" status, but never got an email or text from Ford. Now it has been a week and still not shipped. I see others shipped next day. My sticker shows "Convoy". I read where that means it goes by truck to a different rail yard. Why the delays!
I'll give it 1 more day, then I'll chat with Ford

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And on the flip side just noticed one of my dealers incoming XLT AWD models wasn't ordered until Sept 18th 2023 and is in production.

mlejneks

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was in production for 15 days, received the "almost built" email after 7 days in production. I looked at the tracker to see the "built" status, but never got an email or text from Ford. Now it has been a week and still not shipped. I see others shipped next day. My sticker shows "Convoy". I read where that means it goes by truck to a different rail yard. Why the delays!
I'll give it 1 more day, then I'll chat with Ford
Do you have an update on your delivery? I am in a similar situation as you were, but a few weeks behind you. Mine is stuck in production since 11/16. Frustrating. Thanks.
Sponsored