Sponsored

What is going on at the factory for the last two weeks?

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My modules went active today. Guess I'm getting closer. Got the in production email May 3rd.
Sponsored

LouL

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
My build week was end of April, then changed to week of May 3rd and still shows "in production". I just checked Order Tracker for the first time and there is a long list of modules so that means those are now activated?

Sponsored

LouL

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Just called Ford and rep said it had just come back from the body shop and that it probably means that it was there for the spray in bedliner (but that is not stated definitively) and that my estimated delivery date is 6/21/22

SeanBonham

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer pulled the Vehicle Visibility Report on my Maveric (after I had to explain to him what it was) and they say it went down the line on the 11th and finished on the 12th and had an estimated arrival of 6/14. If accurate, this would mean Ford's tracking website (and thereby ordertrack.app) isn't updating properly.

Since he gave me an expected delivery date, I went ahead and gave him my instructions on how to handle my Maverick when it arrives. "Don't touch it. Pull it off the trailer and park it and that's it. No, I don't want it washed. No, I don't want any dealer branding. No, I don't even want your "free" tank of gas."

He was most surprised by my not wanting it even washed. /shrug
I'm going to make the exact same request to my dealer. Do you inspections, then DON'T TOUCH! I can only imagine the kind of dingbats they have putting swirl marks in all the new cars leaving their lot.

Deleted member 6544

Just called Ford and rep said it had just come back from the body shop and that it probably means that it was there for the spray in bedliner (but that is not stated definitively) and that my estimated delivery date is 6/21/22
I thought they weren't doing anymore spray bedliners??

LouL

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape

Deleted member 6544

It's part of the Lariat Lux pkg
It was also part of the XLT lux package in Nov. One of the reasons I got the package. Then it said drop in. Ford stopped offering the spray in. At least on the XLT lux pack.

Sponsored

LouL

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
It was also part of the XLT lux package in Nov. One of the reasons I got the package. Then it said drop in. Ford stopped offering the spray in. At least on the XLT lux pack.
I could be mistaken but I think they were suggesting to drop it for quicker production and no longer offering it on new orders. I ordered in July and left it on just hoping it would still get built.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I could be mistaken but I think they were suggesting to drop it for quicker production and no longer offering it on new orders. I ordered in July and left it on just hoping it would still get built.
You are correct; Ford suggested that XLT Lux orders drop the Lux SIBL package and replace it with the new Lux DIBL package. Like you, I did not make the change. Figured that with a July order, I had a good chance of getting build even with the SIBL.

Deleted member 6544

Not on my order. When the sheet spit out for me to sign I looked it over and it said drop in bedliner. I questioned the salesperson as I didn't/don't want a drop in. The spray liner was dropped back in Nov. At least on XLT lux package. Dealer said they'd go halves on an aftermarket spray liner, Bullet. Which actually has a much better warranty than the factory one.

JakRussll

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid & 2023 HD Duramax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Scheduled build day (yes, they told me the day) of 5/3 then moved it to week of 5/9. On 5/11 Many of my BCE modules went active, but no PCM’s. Two days later more BCE’s came online. Now two days of nothing and in production purgatory.

I have zero options that require going to an offsite outfitter.

Seems like there are a bunch of folks experiencing similar issues over the last week. I wonder what is up. They run out of chips?
Ordered XLT hybrid on 7/1. Production scheduled for this week 5/17. Just changed from 'in production' to 'scheduled for production'. No new date....nothing. Patience is wearing thin here. At some point any order past 9 months should become a priority build. They have chips or they would not be shipping Lariets. This is the first FORD that I will have ever owned. Heck of a first impression. No wonder FORD stock is in the crapper.
Sponsored