TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To cut road noise, I put the original front floor mats (2) against the back and on the passenger side a heavy duty winter coat along with the jack.
Sponsored

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick What is behind your back seat? 33092B97-2852-4F99-A51C-0228A7B574F6

Ford Maverick What is behind your back seat? FAC1EF6C-D3BF-4A2E-A904-12F957E6FC0B

will have to see if the hula girl fits or not…
Ford Maverick What is behind your back seat? 261539D7-8AEE-481C-8C2B-F81B93779007

AbnRgr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 944NA, Mazda Miata, PT Cruiser Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been looking to make use of the available space behind the rear seat. Just today, I attached an elastic cargo net to the back wall of my Maverick. I purchased the net from Amazon. It was advertised as 31” x 15”. I stretched it out to about 36” between the two upper attachment points. These are screwed to the back wall. The lower corner attachments are attached with double sided tape only. As is, the net does not interfere with the seat latching mechanism or the three upper child restraint anchor points. Most of everything I keep in the truck’s cabin is stored either in the two rigid Molle seat back organizers or under the rear seat. For now, the net holds only a rolled picnic blanket and my ice/snow brush. To start, I’ll add a hooded sweatshirt and light rain jacket. Also, my day pack with water bladder is D-ringed to one of the child restraint anchor points.

Ford Maverick What is behind your back seat? IMG_0994

Ford Maverick What is behind your back seat? IMG_0992

Wilbur

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Ford F100
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mounted a 1500 watt inverter behind the back seat. I think the bracket behind there is for the upgraded sound system I don't have, but it's a perfect location for my inverter. Very short run for the cables to the 12 volt battery under the seat.

inverter.jpg
I would be very interested to read or watch a write-up or video on how you built your inverter set up.

Do you have a household plug in the cabin or in the bed?

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rivers90

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have been looking to make use of the available space behind the rear seat. Just today, I attached an elastic cargo net to the back wall of my Maverick. I purchased the net from Amazon. It was advertised as 31” x 15”. I stretched it out to about 36” between the two upper attachment points. These are screwed to the back wall. The lower corner attachments are attached with double sided tape only. As is, the net does not interfere with the seat latching mechanism or the three upper child restraint anchor points. Most of everything I keep in the truck’s cabin is stored either in the two rigid Molle seat back organizers or under the rear seat. For now, the net holds only a rolled picnic blanket and my ice/snow brush. To start, I’ll add a hooded sweatshirt and light rain jacket. Also, my day pack with water bladder is D-ringed to one of the child restraint anchor points.

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0992.jpeg
I am ordering a cargo net right now. Great idea, and very easy.

Your USB charging strip is impressive but more then I need, I am good with the 4 factory points.

For the two upper attachment points did you drill now holes or were there ones that worked already there?

AbnRgr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 944NA, Mazda Miata, PT Cruiser Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Once I determined how taunt I wanted the upper net, I measured from the center of the back wall and drilled holes for sheet metal screws.

Mighty Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD OR and 2020 Rav4 Hybrid XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I keep a tarp and moving blanket back there because I don't need either frequently enough to warrant their storage in one of the more accessible storage areas.
Same, tarp and blanket, behind rear seat.

Sponsored

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I live under a rock. After having a hybrid Maverick since 26 Jan 22, I never know the top of the back seat opens forward. I have to explore the possibilities of what I’ll put back there.

Cheesehead

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I live under a rock. After having a hybrid Maverick since 26 Jan 22, I never know the top of the back seat opens forward. I have to explore the possibilities of what I’ll put back there.
My salesperson showed it to me when I bought the vehicle, but I totally forgot about it until I started reading this thread. Moved the jumper cables in soft case back there and plan to explore more options when the weather is nicer here. Eight inches of snow yesterday...

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some good ideas above. I made it simple. Had 3 small old backpacks (roughly $15-$20 each) that were no longer in use, hung each backpack behind the rear seat off the hooks that are already there. One backpack has tire tools, air pressure gauge, tiny air compressor, small bottle of Fix-a-flat, tow rope, moist handwipes, and other tools organized in backpack pockets. Fire extinguisher fits perfectly in the mesh water bottle pocket. Other two backpacks or just necessities for pulling a trailer (tie down straps,, trailer hitch ball, extension cord for 110-plug), camping junk, umbrella, etc. Using backpacks makes it easy to just pull out the backpack needed to reach anything inside. Having Molle loops on the backpacks greatly helps.

Last edited:

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited: