Sponsored

What do you (will you) miss from your old vehicle in the Maverick?

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The fact that I could drive my Accord for two weeks straight without needing to fill up the tank, and still be at the halfway mark when I did fill up. With gas prices being what they are these days, I fill up every week on Fridays regardless of where the needle sits. Can't afford to let it go past the halfway mark now!

However, what I really miss is not having to make payments. Not bitching, mind you...I love my Maverick. Kinda reminds me of my old Honda Element in certain ways.

Still pissed off that my Accord let me down, which is why it got sold and was replaced with the Maverick. Shouldn't be worrying about engine issues at 84K miles. Hoping this doesn't become an issue later on. The next five years of Ford ownership will determine whether I remain Ford loyal.
Sponsored

Guy_K

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok so what will I miss? Manual crank windows, manual adjust side mirrors, manual door locks, no tilt steering wheel ( and this is a 2000 XLT 3.0 Ranger not a stripped down XL!)

Oh one more thing I will miss - the anti car jacking device it came with- the clutch pedal! Lol

golfguy2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
push button start for me and built in sirius xm radio - I bought a 2021 Jetta fully loaded in August knowing the Maverick would be delayed and then would decide if I want to keep the Mav when it comes in

I know I can buy an xm receiver but its not the same lol

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm going to talk about what I am not going to miss:

1. 15 MPG
2. Uncomfortable for my wife to get in and out of and ride in any great distance.

There are a few other reasons but #1 is the main one. :D Now mind you, I am not getting rid of the Ranger strictly because of the gas mileage as given how little I drive it would be a horrible financial decision, but the cumulative effect of all the little reasons as well makes it time in my mind.

Captain Pork chop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will miss it sitting in the driveway with bad transmission

Sponsored

CSSMAVO

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I'm coming from a Mazda CX-50 Premium Plus. So I will miss my cooled seats, I will miss my panoramic sunroof, the 12 Bose speakers, and the 11.5 inch infotainment screen. Nevertheless, I found the car boring, and traded it in within a month. Now I have the Maverick, and I have been ordering parts weekly. Amazing how simplicity and ease of use, win over fancy tech.

mcgarveyjb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT W/Lux and spray in
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I order the next one I will include the sliding back window. That is what I miss the most from my F150. Makes such a difference when the windows are open.

FlatheadKen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Milan, 2022 Kona N
I've seen a lot of the "no cruise control in XL trim" posts and started thinking about what I'll miss once my Maverick (finally) gets here. For me it's definitely the no HomeLink button for garage door openers. Sounds trivial but I've had something built into my visor for probably the last 20 years, and now I'm going to have an ugly fob clipped to the visor. Can't wait for a brand new truck, but that little thing just bugs me. You'd think it would be integrated into the Luxury package, or at least a $150-$200 add on...

What do you/will you miss from your last vehicle(s) in your new Maverick?
The front suspension rattle nobody can dx.

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Am going to miss the button start its nice never having to take your keys out of your pocket to open or start the vehicle, also going to miss the shifter I like having a shifter instead of a whatever you call it.
UPDATE: been driving my mav for about 2 weeks now still getting in vehicle putting my seatbelt on and realizing I need a key to start vehicle, so off goes the belt and dig for the keys.
also the shift knob I turned the fan speed knob few times thinking it was the gear selector.. Iam old. lastly I had one touch windows, still touching window switches and expecting them to go down. I will get there its only few weeks . getting good gas miles 27 city and got 34 highway the few times on the highway, found if you drive normal like don't race up to red lights and use cruse on highways under 2k rpm your gas mileage is very good.
I drive with a dog everywhere my lab sheds a lot and the hair sticks to all the plastic like a magnet that's my biggest complaint. I can deal with it love my MAV.

Sponsored

JerseyMike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going to miss the fact that my current car actually exists.

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybr 2018 F150 Lariat 3.5 ECO
I wont miss anything cause i kept my 2018 F150 Lariat 3.5 10spd. Its an awesome truck, bleed blue for life. I will use it to tow(12000lb), enjoy both of them.

I will drive the heck out of the Mav at $4.14g RUG. Then as fuel continues to drop i will drive the F150 more.

Between the 2 i miss AC seats, heated SW, power of 3.5 10sp, turbo sound, B&O 12 speaker, more comfy seats, 20" wheels, 2 tone paint, Ruby Red, and more room across the board.

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nothing. My Jeep is such a hot mess, I don't think I'll miss anything.

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think I'm gonna miss the temperature readout on the single zone AC the most.

23MAVLariatAWD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RECEIVED '23 Hybrid Lariat Mav Oxford White BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fog Lights on my '09 Ranger XLT & 4WD
Sponsored