Sponsored

What do you (will you) miss from your old vehicle in the Maverick?

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I plan to keep my current daily, Ford Dealer already told me they'll just crush it as it's 14 years old. I'll put some work into it and drive it a couple times a week. Worst case I'll sell it after I do the brakes and tuneup to someone in need for the measly sum Ford will offer me. One less in the scrap yard and one more soul that can stay employed and keep food on the table.
Sponsored

Mannyr

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Subaru WRX here, I think what I will miss the most if how fun to drive my car is... but until i get a chance to drive the Mav I will not know.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will miss the bench seat, column mounted shifter & CD player of my 04 Taurus, I'm hoping the Maverick will be as trouble free.

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
Nothing.

I’ll be very happy with my hybrid lariat 1st Ed…. If I ever get it. 😩

BlackXL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 F-350, 2 F-250, 4 escape, mustang, bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The ~$23k it takes to put a base model on the road along with the decrease in fuel economy and the increase in insurance premium.

Sponsored

legs1957

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
absolutely nothing.

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Came here to say that. I have a 2008 Suzuki SX4 and it is so fun to drive. Thinking of keeping it since the trade in value will be so low so I can still drive a stick when I want to
I bet it will only be twice. Once to discover it isn't as much fun as you remember, then to the salvage yard.

RyonicXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2015 VW GTI

Think what ill miss most is the power this car made. But for how often I'm out and about driving like that, I don't think ill be missing it all that much to either. Looking forward to mounting a tent and going out with this Mav!

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing. There's not much that hasn't improved in the 31 years since they built my current work truck.

That's like asking me if I miss anything from an analog bag phone.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cruise control, but I will get that taken care of ASAP.

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen a lot of the "no cruise control in XL trim" posts and started thinking about what I'll miss once my Maverick (finally) gets here. For me it's definitely the no HomeLink button for garage door openers. Sounds trivial but I've had something built into my visor for probably the last 20 years, and now I'm going to have an ugly fob clipped to the visor. Can't wait for a brand new truck, but that little thing just bugs me. You'd think it would be integrated into the Luxury package, or at least a $150-$200 add on...

What do you/will you miss from your last vehicle(s) in your new Maverick?
The only thing I can think of is the navigation. But I think I'll be ok with learning Android auto.

pawalsh610

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick 1st Edition Lariat, Mazda 2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I keep thinking of everything I have not had for 20 years on my 2001 Ranger XLT; Power windows, power locks, power mirrors, cruise control, back-up camera, heated seats, heated steering wheel, etc. I plan to drive this truck for many years so I ordered the Hybrid Lariat Luxury with a lot of stuff I may not need but figure they will be nice to have.
Of course now I will have a car payment and will worry about parking lot dings and dents for at least a few years.

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick. 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a Honda CR-V ELX. It was loaded. My Mav is the XL model. I think the things I miss the most are the heated seats and sun roof. I could not care any less about the cruise, I do not think I ever used it in the 7 years I owned the car.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I might be missing the 38gal gas tank that was on my F150 4x4. It only 16mi to the gal, but I didn’t have to fill it up as often as I am my 2.0 Eco with the 16gal tank even thou it is getting 25 MPG. 😶not sure what to make of that feeling. 🤔

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hard to tell what I will miss, but I do love the passenger side mirror camera I have in my Civic and I know that's going to be gone. My GF just got a beautiful new 2022 sport touring civic hatchback (that I'm truly jealous of) and Honda moved away from the cam too so I might as well accept it. Otherwise, nothing that the Mav FE I ordered should be much different than my current car. Definitely plenty to look forward to as opposed to missing. Many things will be an even trade as far as tech/MPGs/size go. I really just want reliability to stay equal and have the added usefulness of the bed to help me stay comfortable with the purchase or lease. I really have no complaints about current ride but do love new things!
Sponsored