Sponsored

What do you (will you) miss from your old vehicle in the Maverick?

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Adaptive Cruise. Miss that one from my Ranger - particularly on the 2K miles I just added driving Minneapolis to Toronto. In the end, the interior of the Lariat is one I just could not get over, so no adaptive cruise for me.
Sponsored

djw479

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The acceleration of my inconspicuous AWD Rav4 V6. No turbo lag, just instant TQ to go.

But as I reach retirement age I use that much less, especially with gas prices rising. Buying a Hybrid and hoping to be entertained by trying to achieve MUCH higher MPGs.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm really struggling to get used to a switchblade key that actually goes in the ignition again. My last four vehicles have been push start/keyless entry and I still find myself grabbing the door handle to just open it, then dig my key out. And as sad as it sounds I often put the key back in my pocket only to realize I need it again to start the car. First world problem but it's been the hardest for me to get used to. If for no other reason that this I should've gone with a Lariat over the XLT.
I get this. My newest vehicle has pushbutton start and I miss it when using our older vehicle. But I am surprised your last 4 vehicles have had pushbutton start. You must trade vehicles a lot more often than I do.

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Being able to throw my 16' canoe on top of my Outback with nothing other than two straps. The built-in roof rack was SO useful. Does anyone have a plan yet for a canoe? And while I miss it, the benefit of having a bed outweighs not having a roof rack.

Deklon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Luxury pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Definitely the side opening tailgate and under bed storage in my Ridgeline. Love both so much I've gone back and forth 100 times on moving forward with the Mav

Sponsored

Bootstrap6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda 3 Hothatch Grand Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ill miss the people slowing down in front of me thinking I am a cop. Sarcasm. Upgrading from my 05 Merc and there is very little that I will miss in terms of features or specs. Thats not to say the Merc has let me down. That car has been through a lot and it has never failed me. Honestly I might just end up missing all the good times I had in that bad boy. 180k miles and it still going strong. Cant wait for the Mav though.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On-demand 4WD in my Sport Trac. And as some have mentioned, no car payment.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not having a car payment and my "known quantity" Honda reliability....

Sponsored

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Cooled seats. I won't miss heated seats much since I live in Texas. Otherwise, I found the Maverick to be cheap enough to order with the options I wanted to make sure there wouldn't be anything I missed too much.

Spike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Our 2018 F-150 XL has a key fob with switchblade key for ignition. It also has power door locks, and the keyfob has buttons to unlock/lock doors remotely not using key. I didn't bother to look for this when I test drove an XLT, but are we sure the Mavericks don't have same lock/unlock buttons on key fob?
My XLT fob has lock/unlock and start on it. I just meant I had to take it out to unlock or fish in my pants to hit the right button. Again,. minor issue and other than that I love my Maverick.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a 17 Tucson with the 1.6T sport package. I can zip through traffic like a fiend . (Only when the left lane is blocked. Sorry, I drive a LOT!) I will miss that.

But mainly, I will (hopefully not) miss the unbelievable reliability. I am at 140,000 miles with only one front end suspension repair. Everything else is just tires and fluids. Haven't even replaced the front brakes yet. So if I keep driving highway all the time, thinking the Maverick might fair well.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Cooled seats. I won't miss heated seats much since I live in Texas. Otherwise, I found the Maverick to be cheap enough to order with the options I wanted to make sure there wouldn't be anything I missed too much.
I guhgree! First brand new car for me in 27 years because I could get all that I wanted (Lariat, Hybrid, Lux ) out the door from Chapman for under $30K. With the prices of used vehicles, this was a no brainer.

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
I'm really struggling to get used to a switchblade key that actually goes in the ignition again. My last four vehicles have been push start/keyless entry and I still find myself grabbing the door handle to just open it, then dig my key out. And as sad as it sounds I often put the key back in my pocket only to realize I need it again to start the car. First world problem but it's been the hardest for me to get used to. If for no other reason that this I should've gone with a Lariat over the XLT.
Haven't seen anyone do this to a maverick but they sell pretty affordable aftermarket kits. I'm gonna see how much it bothers me before I pull the trigger on that
Sponsored