Sponsored

What do you (will you) miss from your old vehicle in the Maverick?

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Heated seats, cooling seats, premium audio, fog lights, rear defrost (maybe not, we'll see), 10-way power seats, leather, memory seats, heated mirrors, homelink, auto-dimming rear view mirror, LED tails, door key pad, dual climate control, Sirius XM, cruise control...

Seriously though, most of that I don't give a rip about. I will maybe add cruise someday. Maybe heated seats. I may even add the key pad as I use that a lot.
Sponsored

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Probably the auto-dim rear view mirror. I know that some people have mentioned aftermarket ones being available, but I'm not sure I'll do that. It might not even be an issue, since the rear window is slightly tinted. We'll see.

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
I've seen a lot of the "no cruise control in XL trim" posts and started thinking about what I'll miss once my Maverick (finally) gets here. For me it's definitely the no HomeLink button for garage door openers. Sounds trivial but I've had something built into my visor for probably the last 20 years, and now I'm going to have an ugly fob clipped to the visor. Can't wait for a brand new truck, but that little thing just bugs me. You'd think it would be integrated into the Luxury package, or at least a $150-$200 add on...

What do you/will you miss from your last vehicle(s) in your new Maverick?
When I was younger and had a custom truck, we hooked my garage door opener to the high beams. Mounted under the hood. Pull the high beam, open garage door. Bam.

OP
OP
jwilson

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can get this Chamberlain device and use your phone to open it:
I've had mine for years and works with my old mastercraft garage opener.
My door opener is wifi and I have an app, but that's a pain of multiple phone actions (swipe, unlock, go to app, hold down open button, etc.) while driving down my street to my house.

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
2012 Fusion SEL here.

I think I might miss my leather seats, but I'm not sure yet. On hot summer days I don't think I'll miss them.

Until I get a hard roll up tonneau, I'll miss having a secure trunk.

My car is black, so I'll miss being incognito while driving. I'm still stoked for the VB color on my Maverick though.

I'll slightly miss my sunroof. I didn't opt for it on the Maverick, but a few times a year I think I'll wish I had it.

100% more than anything I'll miss the awesome Sony sound system that this car has. I've really enjoyed it, and the XLT sound system is going to be a sure step down. I'll be upgrading speakers and adding a subwoofer ASAP.

Other than that, the Maverick is an upgrade in almost every single way compared to my Fusion. I can't wait to get it!

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've seen a lot of the "no cruise control in XL trim" posts and started thinking about what I'll miss once my Maverick (finally) gets here. For me it's definitely the no HomeLink button for garage door openers. Sounds trivial but I've had something built into my visor for probably the last 20 years, and now I'm going to have an ugly fob clipped to the visor. Can't wait for a brand new truck, but that little thing just bugs me. You'd think it would be integrated into the Luxury package, or at least a $150-$200 add on...

What do you/will you miss from your last vehicle(s) in your new Maverick?
1st world problems ;)

I won't miss anything. Keeping my Grand Cherokee and our F-150, so the only decision will be if a specific vehicle is needed for certain trips due to weather conditions or max comfort or max mileage- while there is plenty of overlap to use any of them for most daily purposes. YMMV.

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I had a 2014 jeep wrangler jku.
Things I miss:

- able to go over curbs/ ruts and not worry about the front end.

- heated mirrors! I live in the great white north!

- heater from hell. The 3.6 Pentastar had a great heater to the point the kids would tell me it's burning their face lol.

- hight of the jeep. I find now with the Mav I get more glare from oncoming traffic at night

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm really struggling to get used to a switchblade key that actually goes in the ignition again. My last four vehicles have been push start/keyless entry and I still find myself grabbing the door handle to just open it, then dig my key out. And as sad as it sounds I often put the key back in my pocket only to realize I need it again to start the car. First world problem but it's been the hardest for me to get used to. If for no other reason that this I should've gone with a Lariat over the XLT.
Our 2018 F-150 XL has a key fob with switchblade key for ignition. It also has power door locks, and the keyfob has buttons to unlock/lock doors remotely not using key. I didn't bother to look for this when I test drove an XLT, but are we sure the Mavericks don't have same lock/unlock buttons on key fob?

TNBubba

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT LUX CO360 velocity blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Going from a 1993 S10 is a major shock to not have a bench seat, no cassette player, loud muffler, roll down windows, manual door locks, real 4wd, 15" tires prices, buying gas at 14 mpg rate, having two keys with no push button fob in pocket, the quiet of not hearing the alarms, bells, and dings from safety devices, and no truck payments. Maybe I need to keep it ........NOT!

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really loved the lane change camera that was mounted on the right side mirror on my 2015 Honda Fit Ex. Besides being great for seeing the blind spot it made merging after passing very safe and it allowed me to merge back earlier because of the distance line markings. The old way of seeing the passed vehicle in the rear view mirror was safe but left a lot more distance and there is always some impatient idiot that guns into that area and speeds past me to the right frightening both me and the passed vehicle.

I ordered the Co-Pilot360 feature with its blind spot detection system to make up for some of the loss of not having the lane change camera.

I will also miss not having the Push Button Start and opening the door my just putting my hand into the door handle. I loved not having to get the keys out of my pocket. Now that my Fit has been sold and I am now driving my wife's 2009 Honda CR-V Ex until the Maverick arrives I am being trained again that I need the keys out of my pocket to unlock the doors and start the car.

There are things that I like with the Maverick over the Fit. Being a Hybrid and with 90% driving in the city with short trips will result in much better MPG's. Being higher up is a plus for both visibility and getting in/out of it. Also the list of maintenance items that the Fit needed soon is gone.

Also getting Android Auto in the Maverick is a massive plus vs the Fit.

Last edited:

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ummm....nothing really. Well, I will miss the looks I sometimes get when they see me (big and broad dude) getting out of a compact hybrid car. It can be comical.

Other than that...I won't miss my current car.

EDIT (inspired by TNBubba): I WILL miss not having a car payment.

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Our 2018 F-150 XL has a key fob with switchblade key for ignition. It also has power door locks, and the keyfob has buttons to unlock/lock doors remotely not using key. I didn't bother to look for this when I test drove an XLT, but are we sure the Mavericks don't have same lock/unlock buttons on key fob?
The mav Lariat has the key pad same as your f150.

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My door opener is wifi and I have an app, but that's a pain of multiple phone actions (swipe, unlock, go to app, hold down open button, etc.) while driving down my street to my house.
If you have a Apple watch lt has an app, also the Chamberlan newer ones work with Google and Alexa voice commands.
Sponsored