Sponsored

What do you (will you) miss from your old vehicle in the Maverick?

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the only thing I will miss from my 2006 Lincoln Mark LT is the booming stereo. Even going with the B&O upgraded system on the Lariat Lux will likely be a noticeable downgrade. But I can upgrade pieces in the future, if needed.
Sponsored

My1stFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Subaru with all wheel drive and snow tires is an absolute tank in the snow but I really wanted that hybrid. I figured snow tires and FWD should get me around. It's about stopping and turning 95% of the time anyway.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There was once a point when I was upset I would not be able to replace my Jetta Sportwagen with another. It has been safe and reliable and did exactly what we needed it to do for a long time and 270 miles. It is fun to drive and handles well, and the coolest feature was the one we HAD to have when we ordered it- the PANO sunroof. The whole top is glass! So great for long drives up HWY 1 in California, until it started leaking. Now it creates an indoor water feature every winter.
Yeah, not gonna miss it now.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I miss my F150 door pockets that were deep enough to actually hold things. The Mav's gimmicky "water bottle" design and shallow depth essentially make them useless.

Sponsored

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Manual Transmission for sure. The only thing I can't "fix" with aftermarket and the primary reason I went hybrid over EB.

CMFX4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte Koup
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Manual transmission although I hate it in heavy traffic

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will miss having a vehicle my wife doesnā€™t want to drive

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What will I miss?
  1. Push button start/key-less entry (buttons on doors, don't need to get the remote out) since Lariat Hybrid was not available in Canada (Ford???). Will take time getting used to using a pesky key again after all these years.
  2. Homelink (built in garage door opener)
  3. Auto dimming rear view mirror
  4. Toyota build quality and reliability (hopefully not though!),
  5. Faster cornering of a car (lower center of gravity)?

Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will greatly miss the 190" length and larger bed of my single cab 2010 Ranger. I won't miss ANYTHING else about Old Red.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Toyota build quality and reliability (hopefully not though!),
I wonā€™t miss my Prius, hunk of shit. Rattle Bucket with more problems by the day. Burns 1qt-2qts oil every 1,000 miles, second new set of struts, new control arms, both water pumps, PCV Valve, throttle body sensor, 6 sets of headlights (finally recalled for bad wire harness), and only getting 39mpg just to name a few šŸ’© šŸŖ£

Last edited:

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That generation of Prius was terrible, feel sorry for you.
yeah it was the worst Prius year ever. Thanks, luckily I could fix it all my self but I just hope to get some money out of it.

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Iā€™ve had enough vehicles now in my life that Iā€™ve realized anything I initially miss, I eventually get over. I think the one thing I can say Iā€™ll miss is a sport shifter.
I moved cross country two months ago and had to leave my car behind to drive a last minute unplanned uhaul (didnā€™t feel like towing it). Needed an AWD as we still have the wifeā€™s ā€˜16 535i M. Couldnā€™t wait 4 months and was able find a dealer order XL that I put a deposit on a month ago and took delivery last week (wanted an XLT but I like the XL interior colors best of all 3 trims . Thought I was going to miss power mirrors, but my XL has co-pilot 360 and thus has power mirrors.

Thereā€™s a list of nice to haves I wish it had but nothing I can say I actually ā€œmissā€. Iā€™ve always had cruise control but I can count maybe 5 times Iā€™ve used it in the last decade. Iā€™ve gotten use to locking and unlocking doors just by walking up to them or touching the door handle, so again I wish I had that, but not a big deal.

this is my first ā€œtruckā€ however, so I may miss the enclosed trunk/cargo space, or maybe Iā€™ll miss borrowing my brother or friends trucks šŸ˜‚
Sponsored