Sponsored

What do you (will you) miss from your old vehicle in the Maverick?

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sold my 06’ F150 when I ordered my Maverick in July. I won’t miss the horrendous 13 mpg it got or the bigger truck than I need behemoth. I haven’t missed it one bit since it’s been gone.
Sponsored

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
i think this was mentioned but I'll missed the closed in trunk, eventually will get a tonneau cover to make up for that though.
Coming from a 2015 Nissan Sentra SV, i wont miss much. Might miss the loud banging/rubbing noise when there's a strong cross wind on the highway though

Dat_boi_Roy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘07 Ford Taurus
I drive an ‘07 Taurus with 170k miles, a hole under the passenger’s seat, broken cruise control that randomly accelerates, and smoke coming from the engine…

I won’t miss anything

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will miss my rear defroster and Mazda reliability (I will be getting extended warranty for the Maverick).

Sponsored

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Definitely the side opening tailgate and under bed storage in my Ridgeline. Love both so much I've gone back and forth 100 times on moving forward with the Mav
If the under bed storage is key, maybe look at the Santa Cruz? Im not being sarcastic, just letting you know in case you didnt already, that it comes with at least that of the two things you listed.

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Currently drive a 2006 Subaru Baja Turbo. I'll miss the AWD and the coolness factor. Certainly won't miss replacing head gaskets, using premium fuel, or getting 17mpg.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Honda reliability 🤣

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've seen a lot of the "no cruise control in XL trim" posts and started thinking about what I'll miss once my Maverick (finally) gets here. For me it's definitely the no HomeLink button for garage door openers. Sounds trivial but I've had something built into my visor for probably the last 20 years, and now I'm going to have an ugly fob clipped to the visor. Can't wait for a brand new truck, but that little thing just bugs me. You'd think it would be integrated into the Luxury package, or at least a $150-$200 add on...

What do you/will you miss from your last vehicle(s) in your new Maverick?
HomeLink for sure. I was shocked when I discovered my "loaded" FE Lariet didn't have it.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The mav Lariat has the key pad same as your f150.
Our F-150 does not have a keypad (like keyless entry), it has power door locks operated from buttons inside the cabin, or 2 buttons on the keyfob face itself when outside the truck.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I will miss not having adaptive cruise, having a switchblade key for actually turning the ignition, having the option of parking in the garage, not getting 25+ mpg (will probably get closer to 30 with my daily trips), not sitting up so high even though my truck is lowered by 5 inches
Also will be missing my daughter thinking my truck is cool
She has already let me know that my choice of color and smaller size has put me in the uncool category
Which is fine because my wife should have her new SUV before my Maverick arrives so it’ll be a non issue at that point (plus we already have her first car sitting here…. A Jeep Liberty, so in two years she’ll never have to ride with me anyways)

dang I just got sad writing that last part

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Missing doorless and topless.

Ford Maverick What do you (will you) miss from your old vehicle in the Maverick? 20210406_095229

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really can't think of anything I'll miss. Then again I'm stepping up from a bone stock Kia forte with no creature comforts at all to a lariat lux hybrid.

Maybe having an actual gear shifting lever? Then again I touch it 2, maybe 3 times each time I drive, so I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Maybe I'll miss waiting? I won't miss the forum since I plan to keep hanging out here. Its nice seeing what everyone else is doing to their Mavericks.
Sponsored