Sponsored

What do you (will you) miss from your old vehicle in the Maverick?

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A word of advice about the visor clipped garage door opener, If you park outside of the garage (ever) thieves first look for it and use a masonry key (read brick/rock) to break a window, press the button and walla have access to not only your vehicle interior but your house as well. Keep it in the console.
Put one of these on your garage door opener and you won't need to keep a remote opener in the truck, just your phone.
Using Google voice control I just pull up to my house and say hey Google Open my garage door(plus 4 digit number.)
Same for when I leave, Hey Google close my garage door. Never have to touch a button.

https://a.co/d/iYrSYwZ
Sponsored

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I miss having great visibility. My Subaru Forester had minimal blind spots. I remember reading in one of the reviews when my 2009 Forester came out where the test driver said it was like driving a greenhouse.

The first thing I noticed as I drove away in my new Maverick was how much less I could see outside. For instance, I'm fairly tall and that whole thing in the middle of the top of the windshield where the rear-view mirror is mounted bugs me.

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Palisade, Model X, Ioniq 5
Engine
Undecided
Heads up display, automatic wipers, temperature readout, larger infotainment screen 360 cameras. But it’s not too bad since it’s not my only vehicle.

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sold 22 Hybrid XL now 24 Hybrid XL, 57 Chevy 454ci
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen a lot of the "no cruise control in XL trim" posts and started thinking about what I'll miss once my Maverick (finally) gets here. For me it's definitely the no HomeLink button for garage door openers. Sounds trivial but I've had something built into my visor for probably the last 20 years, and now I'm going to have an ugly fob clipped to the visor. Can't wait for a brand new truck, but that little thing just bugs me. You'd think it would be integrated into the Luxury package, or at least a $150-$200 add on...

What do you/will you miss from your last vehicle(s) in your new Maverick?
If Homelink is powered up when the vehicle is off if you park your vehicle outside all someone has to do is break into the vehicle, then open the garage door. I like being able to remove the opener.

Sponsored

Cobraj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Jeep Gladiator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
nothing! I traded in my RAV4 hybrid XL. The XLT hybrid has everything I wanted and that bothered me not having with the Toyota. Now I have heated seats, steeringwheel, mirror, wiper bay, auto start, co-pilot 360, a radio I can pair with my phone and a silly thing that bothered me the most..
sun visors that slide and move. if the sun was shining on the side it was always where the visor wasn't. So many first world problems that bothered me lol!

kenlusaka

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Cherokee V6 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe V6 sound and acceleration, 9AT, 4WD, leather seats, panoramic sunroof, front parking sensors, automatic wipers, parallel park assist, auto-dimming mirror, homelink, foglights, rear-seat ducts, locking glovebox etc... But, most of of all, the legendary Jeep reliability! (just kidding :sneaky:)

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've seen a lot of the "no cruise control in XL trim" posts and started thinking about what I'll miss once my Maverick (finally) gets here. For me it's definitely the no HomeLink button for garage door openers. Sounds trivial but I've had something built into my visor for probably the last 20 years, and now I'm going to have an ugly fob clipped to the visor. Can't wait for a brand new truck, but that little thing just bugs me. You'd think it would be integrated into the Luxury package, or at least a $150-$200 add on...

What do you/will you miss from your last vehicle(s) in your new Maverick?
I agree with you about the homelink. They have it in the Escape, should be in the Lariat. The biggest thing I miss is when you have your blinker on when changing lanes, If some one is in your blind spot, it should beep so you wouldn't have to look for the flashing light in the passenger mirror on sunny days with someone sitting blocking you view. All the other cars I had beeped!

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't want to receive any email for this thread anymore.

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Electric mirrors and Sirius XM. I also miss the repair bills. You see if I am separated from my filthy lucre then it will not find a way to my heart and cause me to sin.

Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't want to receive any email for this thread anymore.
Uncheck the "Watch this thread" and "and receive email notifications" boxes.

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did and I'm still getting notifications. Just tried it again.

-Thanks

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did and I'm still getting notifications. Just tried it again.

-Thanks

Go to the top of this page and, under the thread's title, click the button towards the right that says "Unwatch."

TimBru99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas Blue 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Auto-close on the windows.
Pushbutton on my rear view mirror for the garage door opener (I know there's a Kia mirror that will work and I plan to do that.)
Pushbutton start.
Proximity system that unlocks the doors when I get within about 3 feet of the car (my cheap ass Peugeot 208 rental car in Brazil had that..if the French can do it...)
Sponsored