Sponsored

What do you say to family, friends & co-workers that see you as a complete moron for putting up with this maverick debacle?

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well said and exactly why people wait, all the checked boxes. Now we are looking at another car that checks the boxes and it's the new Corolla Cross Hybrid. We can already tell this is likely going to be a long ride as well. Hoping for better though.
I had the Cross on my short-list, but quickly discovered it was just as difficult to obtain as a Maverick. Local dealers were just taking names and putting you in line. Like I said....car buying world has just changed. Different rules now....
Sponsored

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the Cross on my short-list, but quickly discovered it was just as difficult to obtain as a Maverick. Local dealers were just taking names and putting you in line. Like I said....car buying world has just changed. Different rules now....
And the line is to get an allocation for a build that is decided by Toyota not you. If itā€™s a close match to the one you want great but you have no control over it.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And the line is to get an allocation for a build that is decided by Toyota not you. If itā€™s a close match to the one you want great but you have no control over it.
Crazy thing: they're being manufactured about 4 miles from me!!! Even we locals get no love.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Crazy thing: they're being manufactured about 4 miles from me!!! Even we locals get no love.
And to top it off the one dealer that supposedly is starting to get allocations in Phoenix ( one so far ) tells me they want to do $4500 in dealer installed options on a vehicle that starts at 28K! That's not happening!

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi again Rick! Thanks for subbing to my channel and for your referrals. Last Sept was an order frenzy with no regard for allocations. The dealers must have had an idea how many would get delivered because allocations are based upon previous year's sales. They should have stopped taking orders when they hit their expected number. Not disclosing that hurts people who should have been told to order from another dealer that stll had an open spot in their line.

I expect July 17 to be more of a madhouse with 2024 Maverick capacity selling out day 1.

Sponsored

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi again Rick! Thanks for subbing to my channel and for your referrals. Last Sept was an order frenzy with no regard for allocations. The dealers must have had an idea how many would get delivered because allocations are based upon previous year's sales. They should have stopped taking orders when they hit their expected number. Not disclosing that hurts people who should have been told to order from another dealer that stll had an open spot in their line.

I expect July 17 to be more of a madhouse with 2024 Maverick capacity selling out day 1.
I have been enjoying your channel so thanks for sharing your Maverick experience with us! Yes I agree so I hope this time Ford gives dealers actual allocation numbers. I suspect many will be just taking unfulfilled orders from MY23 and no new orders.

Phinney Ridge Dave

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 MB GLK 250 Bluetec 4matic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

"What do you say to family, friends & co-workers that see you as a complete moron ... ?"

oh, you know ... the usual ... "What's new with you? ... How's it going?'

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tell them that it is your "hunter gatherer" instincts and that you are attracted by the challenge of the hunt.

There is actually likely some truth in that. Now that mine has arrived I sort of miss the drama of waiting for a Thursday email or the latest new on production and constraints.
You can wait on mine, if you want. LOL

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chrysler 200, 2022 Maverick XLT Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone else coming to more and more of a loss as what to say to family, friends and co-workers asking "Where in the world is your truck?"? "Why would you do this to yourself?" "Why would you even deal with a company like this?"
I'm sure I've annoyed and bored them talking about this vehicle for YEARS now, now they are starting to annoy me - probably because I know they are right.
Explaining that there is no other simular vehicle when told to "get something else" is ringing hollow, as this seems less and less real as the months go into years.
Seriously, what do you say?
Sigh.. - Robert
Not to worry what other people think!!

Sponsored

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone else coming to more and more of a loss as what to say to family, friends and co-workers asking "Where in the world is your truck?"? "Why would you do this to yourself?" "Why would you even deal with a company like this?"
I'm sure I've annoyed and bored them talking about this vehicle for YEARS now, now they are starting to annoy me - probably because I know they are right.
Explaining that there is no other simular vehicle when told to "get something else" is ringing hollow, as this seems less and less real as the months go into years.
Seriously, what do you say?
Sigh.. - Robert
Just go all Mattress Mack on them ;)

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
I agree with you, but, Ford certainly hasn't risen above the problems have they? I agree with you, they are probably no better or no woprse than any of the other manufactures.
But jeez from a company that perfected the assembly line with their own rubber tree plantations and steel mills to now not being able to purchase rubber floor mats or a hunk of steel for a trailer hitch is a long slide.
And a total F up on any marketing plan with them somehow believing that people wouldn't want the base model hybrid. Or worse, the planned bait and switch. Kind of clever marketing though to give the smaller gas only engine stressed by turboboosting a proper name "Ecoboost" to somehow make it desireable and take some of the heat off the hybrid.
It is more desirable.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
My ONLY point was this is not a FORD problem. It is a 3rd party supplier problem more than anything. The fact that you can get a Subaru means nothing. The fact that a Rav Prime is long lead time mostly means nothing, but is at least another example that supply issues are affecting more than just Ford.
Canā€™t we all get along, Iā€™m sure our chief of transportation will sort it out šŸ˜‰