Sponsored

What can I add/remove to make my order more likely to be built?

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
read: NOT asking how I can get it sooner. Asking for realistic options I can take to make my truck more likely to be built, other than switching to ecoboost.

Hybrid XLT, Standalone Hitch, Area 51. No other options.

So at this point I accepted the fact that there is a great chance my truck won't be built at all. I don't know if ford is intentionally doing this to limit people from buying low margin entry level trucks or they actually such at resource management (yeah yeah, I know, I'm going to be worse myself, but come on, they've been making trucks for over a century now).

I am not removing hybrid. That is the reason why I'm chasing the unicorn. Other than that, do we know of any thing that I could add to lessen the constraint of the order? like adding a package that includes the hitch, or adding tremor is going to make my truck more likely to be built, for example

Anything helps. TIA!!!

edit: english

#HybridOrBust
Sponsored

Last edited:

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

read: NOT asking how I can get it sooner. Asking for realistic options I can take to make my truck more likely to be built, other than switching to ecoboost.

Hybrid XLT, Standalone Hitch, Area 51. No other options.

So at this point I accepted the fact that there is a great chance my truck won't be built at all. I don't know if ford is intentionally doing this to limit people from buying low margin entry level trucks or they actually such at resource management (yeah yeah, I know, I'm going to be worse myself, but come on, they've been making trucks for over a century now).

I am not removing hybrid. That is the reason why I'm chasing the unicorn. Other than that, do we know of any thing that I could add to lessen the constraint of the order? like adding a package that includes the hitch, or adding tremor is going to make my truck more likely to be built, etc.

Anything helps. TIA!!!

#HybridOrBust
Tremor won’t help, that is ecoboost only

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your chances would be better if you dropped the stand alone hitch or upgrade to the XLT Lux that includes the hitch.

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We don't really know, since really #1 on the list is how many allocations your dealer has and that drives the rest. For a hybrid, you're rolling the dice and you don't have any other easy remove constraints - like another person said maybe adding XLT Lux could help on the chance the hitch constraint is relevant. At the same time, there's a chance a simpler orders get scheduled mid month if it's simple enough to fit in so you could lose out on that adding XLT.

I went for adding everything I want on a hybrid and hoping the fact there's more margin in it helps scheduling, but odds are the schedulers aren't the same people who would be hyper-focused on maximizing profit.

Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How long have you been waiting?
I took delivery in May. I was just stating that changing to Tremor would require that he switch from hybrid to an ecoboost. OP had stated that he would not change from hybrid.

OP
OP

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took delivery in May. I was just stating that changing to Tremor would require that he switch from hybrid to an ecoboost. OP had stated that he would not change from hybrid.
Yeah sorry, poor english. It was an example. Thinking about adding XLT lux just so i can increase the odd a bit

Reactions: Aza
OP
OP

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We don't really know, since really #1 on the list is how many allocations your dealer has and that drives the rest. For a hybrid, you're rolling the dice and you don't have any other easy remove constraints - like another person said maybe adding XLT Lux could help on the chance the hitch constraint is relevant. At the same time, there's a chance a simpler orders get scheduled mid month if it's simple enough to fit in so you could lose out on that adding XLT.

I went for adding everything I want on a hybrid and hoping the fact there's more margin in it helps scheduling, but odds are the schedulers aren't the same people who would be hyper-focused on maximizing profit.
That's that I thought too. Thinking about adding XLT lux, but i literally don't use any of the item except the hitch in the package, so I don't know if a 1800 price tag just for a hitch is justifiable.

Last edited:

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's that I thought too. Thinking about adding XLT lux, but i literally don't use of the items except the hitch in the package, so I don't know if a 1800 price tag just for a hitch is justifiable.
I'd just skip it then. Leave your hitch on and remember the hybrid is the real bottleneck. If the Hybrid brings you down from 100% chance of being built to ~50%, then they hitch maybe bringing you down a few percent from there isn't that much of a difference.
Sponsored