Sponsored

What black aftermarket wheels are you looking at?

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
My Lariat just came in last night, so my search for new wheels has swung into full force, I hate the base wheels. What I really like though, are the black FX4 wheels. Even as I've looked at aftermarket options, I haven't stumbled across any I like quite as much as them. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that it'll be tough to find these as take offs (that would be the perfect scenario) and that Ford prices on the wheels would be astronomical.

So, any suggestions on an aftermarket 17" wheel that looks similar to the black FX4s? I don't really care specifically about the width/offset as long as they're relatively close to stock clearance. Would prefer keeping it to around $225 or so per wheel.

Thanks!
Sponsored

ISU-Goose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Lariat just came in last night, so my search for new wheels has swung into full force, I hate the base wheels. What I really like though, are the black FX4 wheels. Even as I've looked at aftermarket options, I haven't stumbled across any I like quite as much as them. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that it'll be tough to find these as take offs (that would be the perfect scenario) and that Ford prices on the wheels would be astronomical.

So, any suggestions on an aftermarket 17" wheel that looks similar to the black FX4s? I don't really care specifically about the width/offset as long as they're relatively close to stock clearance. Would prefer keeping it to around $225 or so per wheel.

Thanks!
Are you planning to sell your old rims and tires? If so where are you located and, how much would you like? Thanks!!

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Toyo LC, 1988 911, 2005 STI, 2010 STI, 3 More

Thanks!
Tire Rack

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel for you but have no solutions. Some other members have posted aftermarket wheels that look similar but none exactly the same. Unfortunately, the FX4 wheels are really sharp looking and look better in person that in photos. Best of luck.

OP
OP

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
Tire Rack
Thanks but I’ve poured over every option at both Tire Rack and Discount Tire, to no avail.

Thats why I made this thread asking for specific models, so that I can see some new ideas and/or revisit some that I've previously written off.

Sponsored

Cward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
FX4 option for $800 was a good deal in my opinion. The main reason I got it was for the black rims. The radiator, cooling fan, tow hooks etc. are like a bonus since wheels will cost that much or more afterwards.

If you wanted to wait, I assume you’ll be able to purchase the FX4 wheels in the future.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FX4 option for $800 was a good deal in my opinion. The main reason I got it was for the black rims. The radiator, cooling fan, tow hooks etc. are like a bonus since wheels will cost that much or more afterwards.

If you wanted to wait, I assume you’ll be able to purchase the FX4 wheels in the future.
Same, as I suspect many of those that opted for the FX4 the wheels were a primary factor - love those on my Cactus Gray!

OP
OP

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette

Same, as I suspect many of those that opted for the FX4 the wheels were a primary factor - love those on my Cactus Gray!
No doubt it was, I'd hoped to have it myself. But between some miscommunication between me and my salesperson when updating my order from hybrid to EB AND my order getting picked up the next day, so it was too late to fix? I'm kinda stuck with what I got. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
Are you planning to sell your old rims and tires? If so where are you located and, how much would you like? Thanks!!
I am but not until I get new ones, no clue when that will happen. Price would be dependent upon how old they are, so no clue on that yet, either.
I'm located in Scottsdale, AZ but get back to southern MO every few months.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Thanks!
I will sell you my FX4 wheels for $225 or so per wheel lol

Sponsored

jcnnjc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST , Alto Blue Maverick awd fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Thanks!
The Focus ST had almost the same shape wheels as the FX4, the are 18 inch though.
They were easy to find for years on the ST forums, not sure is you want to move up to 18's.
Also the offset was -45mm I believe
my avatar is an ST wheel from my Focus.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Go on FB Marketplace or Craigslist and buy a set of Take off Bronco Sport wheels. They are the exact same size and offset.

OP
OP

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
I will sell you my FX4 wheels for $225 or so per wheel lol
If that price would include wheels AND you were a bit closer?
You'd have already gotten a PM from me.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I like these:

Ford Maverick What black aftermarket wheels are you looking at? 56FE8799-D0D7-443E-BF5E-4328632EC833
Sponsored