First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I sold my 2011 Acadia on FB merchandise. Posted on a Monday afternoon, had it sold by Noon the next day. Got what I was asking, no haggle. Used cars are selling fast. I still have my Civic to get around.

Pop2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Similar situation. 2011 Ridgeline to trade in. Swore I’d get another but they’re just so expensive. Trying the Maverick, but concerned about trading in the Ridgeline in case this is a mistake and I want it back!
Yeah, I think I'll miss the AWD that I loved about the Ridgeline - it always felt glued to the road. I live in the Memphis area, so the weather doesn't make AWD a tremendously useful feature, but I do a bit of hunting where it might come in handy at times, but I imagine FWD will work in 99.5% of my situations.

If the Maverick doesn't work out, I may upgrade to a Ridgeline at a later time, but since I continue to expect to telecommute going forward, I don't really want to spend the extra bucks on a Ridgeline that won't be a primary vehicle. If Ford does eventually drop AWD into a hybrid Maverick in a couple of years, I might consider that upgrade path too.

Sponsored

Jezmund_Berserker

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, I think I'll miss the AWD that I loved about the Ridgeline - it always felt glued to the road. I live in the Memphis area, so the weather doesn't make AWD a tremendously useful feature, but I do a bit of hunting where it might come in handy at times, but I imagine FWD will work in 99.5% of my situations.
In Atlanta, I don't care about AWD at all - I never use it on the Ridgeline. To me, it's about the premium feel and how incredibly well laid out the truck is. Everything about the Ridgeline feels top-notch to me and it's a joy to use. I'll really miss the double-hinged tailgate and the cooler/trunk below. I'm just hoping that the modern driving features of the Maverick and $15k extra in my pocket are enough to make me happy with the choice.

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2015 Prius 4…. 140k. If Maverick wasn’t hybrid I’d keep her, BUT…. The First Edition Maverick is exactly what I’ve been looking for. Everyday ride with some comfort and the weekend Home Depot/Lowes hauler

ldog2003

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Ranger XLT, '22 Maverick XLT Lux Ordered
Getting rid of my 2013 Buick Encore, that care is a nightmare and I will be happy to be rid of it! May sell it early and just deal with being a one car household until my maverick comes in.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2015 Ford Escape SE 2.0L 4wd only has around 28k but considering half of it's miles are in salt brine it won't last forever

Abox5

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Explorer Sport Trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why ditching the fairly new Ranger for the Maverick? Just wondering
Well, mostly the size. I grew up with the original Rangers and like the compact size. My new Ranger is a really nice truck but it’s bigger than I really wanted. The 2nd reason is the current car market. I received an offer from Carvana for $6500 more than I paid for it. So I will pay cash for a new fully loaded Maverick Lariat from the proceeds from my 2 year old Ranger XLT. Seemed like an a win win to me.

Sponsored

FAN2PLAYER

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Currently have a 2016 RAM 1500 w/ 62k miles on it, but won't sell it (whether be private or trade in) until I get a built date for my Maverick.

Dogcmp6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been watching kbb values on the 20 Ranger I sold early this month and values are starting to drop. Have been checking it about every 10 days and has dropped $1500 in the last month and July appears to of been the peak but thats just my 2 cents opinion.

My car has been on a rollercoaster value wise, some days KBB has it around 25, and others 23...its just a crazy market, prices may come down a bit, but the market will be crazy for a while

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
2019 Toyota Tacoma

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
20210801_114432.jpg

So I'm really on the fence on if I'm even gonna sell this baby. This is my 1992 Volvo 940 with 284,500 miles. I'm the second owner, the first owner drove the heck out of it obviously but also too immaculate care of it (two folders full with hundreds of pages of neurotic service records. Things like "came in because the AC was blowing slightly less cold"). While I'm kinda a minimalist and really don't see the need or practicality for owning two vehicles...I really don't want to part with this. That thing is loaded with literally my entire apartment. There's a table and chairs in there. There is not a non truck/SUV on earth that is as practical, and it gets a good amount of positive attention.

Also I have no idea what it's worth. I got lucky as well, the owner was quite well off and did not care about getting top dollar, and I paid $2,000 for it (then replaced the 25 year old aftermarket CASSETTE DECK with a modern one). I think someone out there would just want one of these and in this insane market I legit think I could get more than $4000 for it.

What would you do with it in my situation?
We still see these coming in to the dealership for regular maintenance, some of them well over 500K miles. The bodies rot out up here because of the salty winter roads (Minnesota) but most owners refuse to part with them. The best drivetrains ever!

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2019 Chevy Spark. I am going for the Cyber Orange Maverick. That color will be so easy to find in the parking lot!
Sponsored