First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat First Edition Hybrid Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Already sold my 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe. Bought in March this year, was offered more than I paid for it 6 mknths ago. Back to a Ford while waiting (rocking a 2003 Focus ZX5 manual transmission) for the new Ford.
Sponsored

SeaMav206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Focus
2014 Ford Focus Titanium hatch with DCT. I drove it off the lot in 2013 with 5 miles. Now it has almost 120k miles.

This car is one clutch replacement too late short of a lemon. 3 transmissions, 3 clutches, 4 tcms, head gaskets at 28k miles. All daddy Ford paid for.

Otherwise all I did is replace tires, sbreaks and change oil every 5k miles.

Oh I replaced an engine mount and a fuse went out temporarily breaking my backup camera.

Otherwise been a very practical little hatch and fun to drive minus all the Ford gremlins that they ended up paying for anyway

Johnm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2019 Jeep Renegade with only 15,000 miles on it. Can't wait to have a truck again.

Dogcmp6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
21 Kia seltos, I bought it and then 3 months later Ford announced the maverick... Which is literally what I was looking for

Sponsored

MattG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, B2300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not trading in anything ..I still need a "truck" to haul a decent load, pull a trailer etc. I have a fullsize for that. I will be "replacing " my 95 B2300 with the maverick. I drive it everywhere as it still runs good, AC works etc, it's just worn out..the synchros are in bad shape and it will barely pull a hill with the AC on. Plan on giving it to someone who really needs a vehicle. She may be worn out, but she will still get you there 😉.

Debated on getting a new F250, just can't see myself spending the money on one. I refuse to pay the money for a new half ton as they cost more than the 3/4 tons by the time you spec them out. I will just keep an older truck for "truck duty," and use the maverick to run around in. 98 percent of the time all I am hauling is myself, may as well save some money. 25k for a new vehicle is cheap, I just hope it lasts for that price.

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2 for 1.

'15 Chrysler 300, bought used 2.5 yrs ago, Carvana is buying it for more than I paid for it. 54k miles. It's a real looker, Jazz Blue Pearlcoat.

'07 Silverado extended cab 2wd, 17k miles (!). Just too big around town and no modern safety or infotainment gadgets; also, I hate the rear-hinged back doors and tiny back seat. It does ride nicely, a great highway cruiser.

Maverick combines both, with better gas mileage. XLT with Lux, AWD, 4k tow, FX4, 360, alloys, Alto Blue. Build week 10/11.

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
My GF is trading in her 2016 Kia Soul. Very popular cars, handles surprisingly well (for a box with wheels) amazing get up and go for a little 4 cyl car, but horrible mileage ! Like 26 mpg ?! Are you kidding me ?
So she is looking at the Maverick hybrid, as it gets amazingly good mileage, and she likes trucks in the first place.

I was going to trade in my 08' F150.....
Which also gets lousy mileage... About 18 or 19 mpg's... But it's paid for, it's only got 75K miles on it, it's customized for me, and it has a rediculous sound system that I've been working on for 13 years.

Even so, if the Maverick would have had adaptive cruise control, I might have had my arm twisted....

But like I told my GF, why do we need two Mavericks ? If we are going to go on a longer trip somewhere (she hates my Prius) we can take her Maverick. I can keep my truck for around town... Or to play with the stereo a few X's a week... And once in a blue moon, I can hook a flat bed, or box trailer to it, and use it like a truck. Even if I get another boat though, it will be in the 1300-1500 lb range. So the F150 is really overkill. Here's her Kia Soul...
https://images.app.goo.gl/uFhtUcQA1775S51S9
And my baby....
Ford Maverick What are you trading in / selling for your Maverick?? my baby sm

Last edited:

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My GF is trading in her 2016 Kia Soul. Very popular cars, handles surprisingly well (for a box with wheels) amazing get up and go for a little 4 cyl car, but horrible mileage ! Like 26 mpg ?! Are you kidding me ?
So she is looking at the Maverick hybrid, as it gets amazingly good mileage, and she likes trucks in the first place.

I was going to trade in my 08' F150.....
Which also gets lousy mileage... About 18 or 19 mpg's... But it's paid for, it's only got 75K miles on it, it's customized for me, and it has a rediculous sound system that I've been working on for 13 years.

Even so, if the Maverick would have had adaptive cruise control, I might have had my arm twisted....

But like I told my GF, why do we need two Mavericks ? If we are going to go on a longer trip somewhere (she hates my Prius) we can take her Maverick. I can keep my truck for around town... Or to play with the stereo a few X's a week... And once in a blue moon, I can hook a flat bed, or box trailer to it, and use it like a truck. Even if I get another boat though, it will be in the 1300-1500 lb range. So the F150 is really overkill.
The Mav does have adaptive cc, you do however have to step all the way up to Lariat + Luxury package.

Sponsored

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2004 Chevy Silverado I've had since 2007 with just shy of 130k . First (and likely last) full size truck I'll own. No regrets, it's been a great truck, just way more than I actually need.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I sold my 2017 Chevy Equinox LT AWD V6 to a local Chevy dealer the day after I ordered my Maverick. I loved that equinox. Ive always owned a GM truck or SUV. It had low miles and was extremely powerful and fast with that 3.6 300hp engine. It looked pretty bad-ass too. It had every option available minus leather. Yhe only thing that sucked was gas mileage. 18mpg avg. I couldnt pass up the money they offered. I have a really nice 2006 Mazda 3 that I bought last year as a work car to drive around until my truck comes in.
Ford Maverick What are you trading in / selling for your Maverick?? eq1

Last edited:

SHBGuerrilla

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, Cyber Orange 2.0
Just junked my 2000 Subaru Legacy today. The exhaust had broken clean in half about at the center console area, the brakes started failing Sunday, and worst of all, the rear windshield wiper died.

Also, I left the windows down before a typhoon over a year ago and it's never smelled the same since. Here's hoping for Thursday.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been watching kbb values on the 20 Ranger I sold early this month and values are starting to drop. Have been checking it about every 10 days and has dropped $1500 in the last month and July appears to of been the peak but thats just my 2 cents opinion.
Sponsored