John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FE Maverick 1966 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

We will be selling or trading our 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat. Will be keeping our 2005 Ford mustang convertible and an original beautiful 1966 Ford mustang. Looking forward to our new. FE Maverick. 🤩😃🚘
Sponsored

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure I'll be trading in as much as I'll be dropping off a 2005 Chevy Impala that has too many things wrong with it to actually do anything with. The security system trips at least once a month for 20 minutes (450 bucks to fix), both headlights need to be replaced (Cannot be polished), there's a crack in the dash plastic on the passenger side, there's only one seatbelt in the back seat (Acid accident), back seat cushion stitching is gone (Acid accident), the trailer hitch is almost rusted out, the exhaust system has a rust hole in it, the right front fender is a wrecked mess hammered back into place, the front bumper is held together with plastic rivets, the right kickplate is held on with wood screws, the engine overheats if you drive downhill for too long (I'm told this is a head gasket failure), and three brake lines need to be replaced (That includes the two I replaced, badly, with pressure fittings that said "Do not use in brake systems" on the packaging).

They may charge me to take it actually.

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's everyone else trading in or selling for your 2022 Maverick?

I've been in my 2013 Mustang sine 2016 and have it nicely modified but I'm sorta over sports coupe / car thing (getting old?) now. Instead I'm starting to get interested in some light off-roading, camping, overlanding type of vehicle. Hoping the Maverick will serve well for some of that. 🤞

So the Mustang will go for my Maverick.
2016 Hyundai Sonata Sport with sunroof and heated seats.

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am trading in my 2016 VW Tiguan. It is 2.0 Turbo AWD. It is very similar in size to the Maverick with a little more head height. It's about 1 foot shorter than the Maverick with the SUV hatchback. It has most of the same features: keyless entry, pushbutton start, leather, Fender Sound System, etc. It has been a great vehicle but I don't need an extra!
So the Maverick offers a nice new upgrade, more space and capability, Hybrid, yadayada.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wanted to point out that the value Ford gives on your trade-in value on the Build your Maverick page is a joke.

I will be trading-in (or outright selling) my 2015 Honda Fit EX with only 43,250 miles on it.

KBB has it valued as a Dealer Trade-In with a Range of $12,306 to $13,961
KBB has it valued as a Private Party Sale with a Range of $13,432 to $15,279

I was offered outright a $12,500 cash offer from a Autonation Honda dealership in Lewisville TX.

and the pathetic offer from ford.com is $9,325 to $11,660.

Ford Maverick What are you trading in / selling for your Maverick?? Driver's Side.JPG

Sponsored

AUsomTiger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gonna sell my 2016 Toyota Camry XSE V6 with 58k miles. Loaded with sueded seats, radar cruise, and all the safety bells and whistles.

Currently my only vehicle though so I have to wait.

I hope the used car market stays strong until my Mustang or Maverick gets built.

rp2s

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None, waiting for 2024 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sold my 2017 Buick Encore AWD to Carvana for a great price. It was honestly a tough decision as I only had 22k on my Buick and really liked driving it.
Ford Maverick What are you trading in / selling for your Maverick?? 011AEE42-B6ED-4CC8-9398-89C4C256B37E

Last edited:

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Carvana just hauled off my 2020 Mazda CX-30. When I saw they were offering me more money than I paid for the car I thought I better sell it now while the market is crazy. I would have been happy just breaking even after a year of ownership but to actually have some extra money jingling in my pockets. The used car market is crazy right now. My Miata will have to hold me over till the Maverick arrives.
yep! just watched my 2020 CX5 get hauled off for almost 20% more than i paid for it, thats just nuts. my 66 shelby will have to hold me over till the maverick arrives.

Case

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will be trading in a 2019 Honda Ridgeline

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid. For a Lariat Lux Hybrid

Sponsored

F1PRB22GA

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2010 Subaru Forester with 120K plus miles.

Needs the 120K mile service for $900 (gonna skip it)
The check engine light is on for the catalytic converter
AC works but the vent direction control doesn't
Noticeable road noise coming from right front tire area

Padre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fr. Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT w/ Lux, CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2008 Mercury Grand Marquis with (currently) under 100,000 miles and in pretty good condition. Would hope to get around $3,500 trade in or $5,000 private sale. Unsure of what I'll do yet.

JTCC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Juno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid and 12 motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm thinking about selling my Livewire. The fast charging options suck, and I've been getting fed up with Harley's lack of customer support or service knowledge. And of course, being their EV you can't really take it anywhere else when it has a tantrum and refuses to start.

But on the other hand, I don't know if I can bring myself to do it. It's still way too much fun when it manages to be both charged and not throwing error codes.

HarlzMav

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis coupe
What's everyone else trading in or selling for your 2022 Maverick?

I've been in my 2013 Mustang sine 2016 and have it nicely modified but I'm sorta over sports coupe / car thing (getting old?) now. Instead I'm starting to get interested in some light off-roading, camping, overlanding type of vehicle. Hoping the Maverick will serve well for some of that. 🤞

So the Mustang will go for my Maverick.
I have a 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe with the 2.0T and manual 6 speed. I am not trading it in rather buying the maverick as a weekend vehicle for the fiance and the dogs. I actually just placed my order today and they were offering me more than I expected for my coupe but I have all intentions of continuing to daily it.

I am planning on somewhere around 30% to 40% down.
Sponsored