Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see all these posts about people wanting more towing capacity. However, rarely see a truck with a trailer other than a landscaper or a horse trailer and typically those will be Super Duty or whatever Chevy and Dodge sell.

So I’m wondering what the heck do people have that they want to tow with their Maverick?
Snowmobile's in the winter, lawn equipment, building materials, and scrap on the warm months.
Sponsored

???

First Name
Corbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Did you just get yours? Which floorplan? How do you like it?
yes, first trip was last weekend. I have the 14FD floorplan.

I like it BUT there's been some issues. Nothing I can't pretty easily fix so far, but.... 1)The window over the kitchen counter was leaking and I had to re-seal it 2)The cabinet thing that the AC unit is in was horribly designed - I'm basically rebuilding it. It has raw wood sitting about 2 inches from the side that just soaks up moisture, and that side of the pan it sits on has no caulk so moisture dripped down in there; the pan that the AC sits on also has no tilt towards the drain so it wasn't draining at all; I lifted one end so it could drain; I will also be sealing the raw wood sitting next to the AC with Gorilla sealing tape; there was also no caulk on the screws in the pan 3)The dinette table already fell apart - the two main pieces were just stapled, no glue - I may or may not fix it since I made the dinette a permanent bed.

The AC cabinet was the really bad part. I feel like a lot of people that aren't paying attention are going to have soggy rotting cabinets pretty quickly; and it's just a poor design so they're all going to have that problem.

Last edited:

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yes, first trip was last weekend. I have the 14FD floorplan.

I like it BUT there's been some issues. Nothing I can't pretty easily fix so far, but.... 1)The window over the kitchen counter was leaking and I had to re-seal it 2)The cabinet thing that the AC unit is in was horribly designed - I'm basically rebuilding it. It has raw wood sitting about 2 inches from the side that just soaks up moisture, and that side of the pan it sits on has no caulk so moisture dripped down in there; the pan that the AC sits on also has no tilt towards the drain so it wasn't draining at all; I lifted one end so it could drain; I will also be sealing the raw wood sitting next to the AC with Gorilla sealing tape; there was also no caulk on the screws in the pan 3)The dinette table already fell apart - the two main pieces were just stapled, no glue - I may or may not fix it since I made the dinette a permanent bed.

The AC cabinet was the really bad part. I feel like a lot of people that aren't paying attention are going to have soggy rotting cabinets pretty quickly; and it's just a poor design so they're all going to have that problem.

I read something the other day that a lot of rv dealers are complaining that the manufacturing of them have taken a turn for the worst.

Reactions: ???

coolhip33

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FWD w/tow pkg
I read something the other day that a lot of rv dealers are complaining that the manufacturing of them have taken a turn for the worst.
Yes.... You have to be super careful on which brand you buy. We looked at the Retro 135 but they are shipping them with walls not sealed, floors messed up etc etc. This Rove Lite has the best overall build/design for the price. I would rather have minor issues versus MAJOR ones... LOL

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes.... You have to be super careful on which brand you buy. We looked at the Retro 135 but they are shipping them with walls not sealed, floors messed up etc etc. This Rove Lite has the best overall build/design for the price. I would rather have minor issues versus MAJOR ones... LOL

I agree Im beginning to look at campers. We have wanted on for awhile but didn't have a way to pull It i think we are going with a hybrid model to get more room and still be light as we do not want a full on pop up

Last edited:

Sponsored

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought the 4k towing package because I tow. I don't tow really heavy loads, but enough.

I tow everyone's toys.

3 boats and 2 utility trailers for all kinds of family toys. The heaviest is the Pontoon at about 2600lbs. My new 16ft Smokercraft boat is what I tow most often at 1500lbs.

Ford Maverick What's your Maverick towing?❓Show & Tell Boat

Ford Maverick What's your Maverick towing?❓Show & Tell Pontoon

Ford Maverick What's your Maverick towing?❓Show & Tell trailer1

Last edited:

???

First Name
Corbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Yes, they're rushing them out to keep up with demand.

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Air

BullyHayes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Popup trailer (~1500#) and a small boat ( not bought yet). I probably won’t need the 4k package.

Sponsored

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

nathanchrisman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see all these posts about people wanting more towing capacity. However, rarely see a truck with a trailer other than a landscaper or a horse trailer and typically those will be Super Duty or whatever Chevy and Dodge sell.

So I’m wondering what the heck do people have that they want to tow with their Maverick?
Ford Maverick What's your Maverick towing?❓Show & Tell 1210-30sa

This 5x10 utility trailer, upgraded with 4' plywood box sides. I plan to add brakes to it so I can go full weight and still have some margin left over. :)
Eventually I plan to start hauling a work/demonstration trailer for a business we are in the early stages of starting. Off-grid power systems for travel trailers. :)
www.unhookedpower.com

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a Kubota BX tractor/loader/mower that I haul to the camp a couple times a year for maintenance. On my aluminum tandem flatbed, it weighs in right around 4K, so I'm definitely at the limit of the Mav. There's no aero load, so that will help. Plus it's only about 200 miles round trip, so I'll just be a little more "patient" with the Mav!