First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm just glad this thread isn't titled what I originally thought it said "What are you wearing" - That would have gone in a weird direction
Sponsored

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
I see all these posts about people wanting more towing capacity. However, rarely see a truck with a trailer other than a landscaper or a horse trailer and typically those will be Super Duty or whatever Chevy and Dodge sell.

So I’m wondering what the heck do people have that they want to tow with their Maverick?
I don't know what my towing capacity is (Lariat Hybrid) but I did get the trailer hitch in case my wife agrees for us to move out of Florida 😁

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
16.5' Aluminum boat. With two passengers, gear, fuel, and cooler, I figured about 2,500 lbs.

Ford Maverick What's your Maverick towing?❓Show & Tell Tow

Dbergie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan, Kia
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Two snowmobiles on a trailer. Probably about 1,600 lbs. but I got the 4K package because we will get a small camp trailer at some point. Besides that, with the lower gears I hope to not be the slow guy pulling the hill.

Sponsored

MaineAssassin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-450, Flex, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A 12' Enclosed trailer or a 17' Boston Whaler. I've discovered that except for one or two instances 4k is all I need for towing. The rest of the time I'll rent a U-Haul or something.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see all these posts about people wanting more towing capacity. However, rarely see a truck with a trailer other than a landscaper or a horse trailer and typically those will be Super Duty or whatever Chevy and Dodge sell.

So I’m wondering what the heck do people have that they want to tow with their Maverick?
I have a mini toy hauler trailer which is slightly smaller than the little camping trailer being towed by the Pepper Red Maverick in the banner at top of this site. Mine is ~2000 lbs empty with 7' width and 12' length of the box. Total length is `14.5' including hitch. 2.0L w/AWD + 4k towing package should easily handle it after adding a dirtbike and gear + water in tank, etc.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm just glad this thread isn't titled what I originally thought it said "What are you wearing" - That would have gone in a weird direction
Khakis and a Red Polo shirt

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

aberdeenmeadows

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat Spider 124 and Mazda 6
For me, I am wanting to tow a small camper and when necessary, a trailer for moving furniture or other household goods. I have never towed anything nor have I ever owned a truck before.

I intend to use the truck mainly for getting outdoors... camping, biking, hiking, road trips, etc.

Sponsored

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Absolutely nothing. Have has a big ass Expedition for years and have only towed one small item on it in all that time.

RonKujawa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

As of right now, nothing, but I wanted the 4k tow as an option down the road. My wife and I may plan on getting a small camping trailer at some point, but we'll see. I also liked the idea of the upgraded cooling and radiator.
Me too but the wife and I can't decide what we like. Easy solution is to rent a camper to check it out. Found a site that is kinda like AirBnB for campers.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Im towing this.......
Ford Maverick What's your Maverick towing?❓Show & Tell woman-in-slippers-beside-run-down-trailer-canada-saskatchewan-cypress-B7JKM5

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a mini toy hauler trailer which is slightly smaller than the little camping trailer being towed by the Pepper Red Maverick in the banner at top of this site. Mine is ~2000 lbs empty with 7' width and 12' length of the box. Total length is `14.5' including hitch. 2.0L w/AWD + 4k towing package should easily handle it after adding a dirtbike and gear + water in tank, etc.
What is this trailer? I’m curious. Make and model plz?
Sponsored