Sponsored

What are they topping off the tank with?

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Wondering what octane fuel they would have been filling the tank with on the 2.0eb mavericks. I doubt they put 93 in it. But lower octane fuels shouldn’t really be used on turbo cars. If my tank is filled with low test, I’ve got a surprise ahead of me for my first fill up with 93.
Sponsored

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
Unless your vehicle says premium fuel only you will have regular unleaded in the tank from the dealer. And in our manual it clearly states it can be run on regular unleaded but best if 93 sooo you have reg.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A requirement to run high test would have been a deal breaker for me. That adds significant expense to TCO. If 87 octane runs it without problems that's what it will get most of the time.

Liveaboard

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
Wondering what octane fuel they would have been filling the tank with on the 2.0eb mavericks. I doubt they put 93 in it. But lower octane fuels shouldn’t really be used on turbo cars. If my tank is filled with low test, I’ve got a surprise ahead of me for my first fill up with 93.

Liveaboard

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
My First tank after the dealer top off was premium fuel. I was shocked to see a 2 plus mile to the gallon increase. At this rate the increase in mpg offsets the increase in fuel costs and if the Maverick prefers premium win win.

Sponsored

Rufracer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl awd 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer said they only use 87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD XLT FX-4 Hot Pepper Red
It was cool - when I picked up my Maverick the salesman came with me to the closest gas station, and then asked me what I would normally put in my vehicles. When I said super, he filled it up to the top with premium 93.

And the cool part was that was not a fee on the bill of sale. It was just something they always did.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
A requirement to run high test would have been a deal breaker for me. That adds significant expense to TCO. If 87 octane runs it without problems that's what it will get most of the time.
Time will tell if there will be problems on the eb running 87 as far as carbon build up. My last turbo carboned up at 60k miles running 89 octane. It was a pain in the butt. Ran rough with engine check light on. Expensive to fix not covered under warranty. Walnut shells were considered routine maintenance. Maybe the 2.0 won't have this issue.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Time will tell if there will be problems on the eb running 87 as far as carbon build up. My last turbo carboned up at 60k miles running 89 octane. It was a pain in the butt. Ran rough with engine check light on. Expensive to fix not covered under warranty. Walnut shells were considered routine maintenance. Maybe the 2.0 won't have this issue.
Oil catch cans are supposed to help with that. It's the only "performance" mod I am seriously considering.

cjwagner

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4runner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"Your vehicle operates on regular unleaded gasoline with a minimum pump (R+M)/2 octane rating of 87"
Then it goes on to say "For best overall vehicle and engine performance, premium fuel with an octane rating of 91 or higher is recommended." :unsure:😖

Ford Maverick What are they topping off the tank with? Maverick Fuel

Sponsored

cjwagner

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4runner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"Your vehicle operates on regular unleaded gasoline with a minimum pump (R+M)/2 octane rating of 87"
Then it goes on to say "For best overall vehicle and engine performance, premium fuel with an octane rating of 91 or higher is recommended." :unsure:😖

Maverick Fuel.png
What would really be cool is have a manual made for your specific vehicle. No I don't have a moon roof... As is says...

Note: This manual describes product
features and options available throughout
the range of available models, sometimes
even before they are generally available. It
may describe options not fitted to the
vehicle you have purchased.
Note: Some of the illustrations in this
manual may show features as used in
different models, so may appear different
to you on your vehicle.
Why? We can send a spacecraft a million miles away and get pictures, but get a book about your vehicle???

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Use the best they have at the station. Use Tier one as well.

shark978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
canyon
Engine
Undecided
LOL I found the suckers who pay for 93 octane gas. Always wondered who that was. Probably change the oil every 1k miles too because "cant be too careful" (the manual says 20k and it's too conservative in reality, 30k more like it)

I think this has the dual injectors right? Arent the regulars injectors constantly cleaning the turbos which are only used when high power needed?

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LOL I found the suckers who pay for 93 octane gas. Always wondered who that was. Probably change the oil every 1k miles too because "cant be too careful" (the manual says 20k and it's too conservative in reality, 30k more like it)

I think this has the dual injectors right? Arent the regulars injectors constantly cleaning the turbos which are only used when high power needed?
Turbos hate dirty oil. Go change yours at 30K every time and see what happens. I will be doing mine with synthetic after break in, and probably every 3,000 miles

nick112288

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

DI only on the 2.0
Sponsored