Sponsored

What age group are you in buying a Maverick?

• Total voters

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

and (normally) assets, don't forget the assets. It helps to have money when trying to buy stuff.
lol, better than I was when raising a family but now that they’re grown it’s a little easier but now it’s focusing on retirement so it never really ends. Overall, in my opinion, decent value for what’s being offered compared to other vehicles.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
41 years young. This will be my 2nd new vehicle. Although my 07 camry xle has treated me well since the day I brought her home, with time people change and so do their needs. She'll serve my nephew well as he joins the driving community in a few months. This truck is who I need to share this next exciting stage of my life....i.e...Periodic trips to home depot, the local nursery, and Sam's club. Woo hoo!!!

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly we bought a brand new Toyota Camry SE for my daughters 16th birthday/graduation present. So she had something super safe, good gas mileage and room. I told my wife if they would have this I would have bought her a hybrid XLT instead. Made her visiting summer vacations move from college easier for sure and better gas mileage then her Camry.
Safty a big deal these days. Ford copilot 360 and lane asist. Should help with texting and driving. A little warning can go a long way

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My first new car buying experience:
My birthday is somewhat late in the year and I graduated from my University in three years, so I started my first real (i.e. decent $) career job at 20...and I looked about 16. I had a used car that my dad had cosigned on, but was looking a replacing it with a new car. I went to my local Ford dealer - but they WOULD NOT LET ME TEST DRIVE THE CAR because I was under 21! The salesman said he would drive me around - yeah, like that was going to do it for me.

Boy was I supper pissed. I never did buy a car from that dealer...ever.

p.s. Take advantage of these days as a 20 some...life is short.
p.p.s. Why I was in such a hurry to graduate in three years? (while working part time), double major, going to classes year round -- what was I thinking? [I do know what I was thinking, I wanted MONEY, but in retrospect to wish a bit that I had taken it easier.]
It might not have been the dealer not letting you drive, lots of places have state laws prohibiting anyone under 21 from test drives. I think the same is true with rental car companies.

Sponsored

‘80F100

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 F100, 1996 Ram 2500, 2001 Ranger, 2014 Edge
You’re already smarter than all your friends too. I’m assuming, like my friends at that age, they all went out and way over spent big time on some vehicle.

It’s not fun but saving for retirement in your 20’s is the smartest thing to do. 60 year old you will really thank 20 year old you. Haha.
Oh yes. I know some people past the age of retirement who have nothing put away. The thought of that is kinda of scary. So I’m putting away a decent chunk because I never want to be in that position.

There’s a lot of people my age who are making some pretty poor choices and it’s unfortunate.

Tourguide

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just sold my Ram 1500 and once my Maverick hybrid Rapid Red First Edition is delivered, I'll be selling our Escape. I'll be 70++++++

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It might not have been the dealer not letting you drive, lots of places have state laws prohibiting anyone under 21 from test drives. I think the same is true with rental car companies.
It was probably because of insurance. My son was pissed he couldn't drive our rental car this summer (while on a trip). He's 19.

When I flew in to interview (in my final semester in college) to Newark airport there was an issue with the rental car when I got there (I was 20). It took about an hour (on a Sunday night), but eventually Hertz and Mega-Corp were somehow able to give me a car to drive (so I could drive 30 miles or so to the interview location and hotel for my Monday morning interview). I don't know what transpired, but rules are made to be broken.

In any case, regarding the car dealer: I was still pissed - and they lost a sale.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
Remembers when Scion brand launched in early 2000's with a "young hipster" vibe and marketing focus. A few years later Toyota found out the majority of buyers were older and less hip. Killed the vibe LOL. As it turned out middle-aged and retirement aged buyers actually like well built, affordable and simple cars. Who would have thought.
At my stage in life my EGO is well under control. It's the raging EGO's that often end up in gigantic monsters that won't fit into their garage, have ridiculous mileage ratings, are challenging to park, and come with monthly payments that rival a mortgage. I ordered the loaded Lariat, largely to give my wife more incentive to occasionally ride with me instead of taking her Beemer. She just refuses to ride in my "work trucks" anymore. And hey...there's something appealing about having all the options that populate high-end F-150's at $70,000. What's not to like?

Sponsored

Texchappy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MINI Cooper S cabrio, 2014 Lincoln Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As long as we’re not sending folks off to be renewed on Carousel.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid