Sponsored

What age group are you in buying a Maverick?

• Total voters

VICKY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK 2.L ECO-BOOST & Mazda Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Remembers when Scion brand launched in early 2000's with a "young hipster" vibe and marketing focus. A few years later Toyota found out the majority of buyers were older and less hip. Killed the vibe LOL. As it turned out middle-aged and retirement aged buyers actually like well built, affordable and simple cars. Who would have thought.
With age comes wisdom, usually.
Sponsored

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I'm the only 70 and up vote, so far. And happy about it too, considering the alternative.
You aren't alone anymore. I am 71 & this is my 1st. Vehicle ordered from a Company. Previously I've bought used & some certified. I've had at least 4 full size Chevy C-10s & C-Ks, a Silverado extended cab, a 1997 Ford Ranger XLT, a Scout, an International Travel all, an Astro Van, an old Chevy van, a Dodge Caravan & 4 Muscle cars. I can't wait to get my Maverick EB, XLT, AWD with towing package. I plan on keeping this for years and I will drive it plus a Mustang & motorcycle. So won't put tons of miles on it. Best of luck.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Come on 50+ we could still take first place. LoL.

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Instructions unclear... do you mean age group when we placed order, or age group when we take delivery? :sneaky:

Sponsored

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bumping it up for the 30-39 crew!

36, 2nd new vehicle, first factory order and first new truck for me. So far it’s been working great, it fits perfectly in the garage, performance in any weather type is great, it does great on gas even with the ecoboost engine, and is comfortable and family-friendly for basic truck needs.

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Luxury, 4K tow, 360)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
42… pushing 43 in a few short weeks lol! I would agree at my age and family needs. The truck works great! We got rid of the 7 passenger gas guzzler… now we can tow/haul and drive anywhere with great gas mileage and power! Also in style and comfort. I’m glad the truck isn’t being labeled a young or old person truck. It’s for everyone to enjoy!

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 XLT AWD Tow Package
I am so glad you posted the poll. I was just thinking that most of the buyers at our dealership are well into the 40 + group for a Maverick and most of the imaging from Ford Marketing is a much younger early 20's crowd. According to the survey thus far, 1/3 of the buyers are under 40. Good stats. It reminds me of the Mini Cooper roll out. All the initial marketing from BMW was to the early 20's college age and the actual buyers were mainly 50-70.

Ford Maverick What age group Maverick owner / buyer are you? Target Market.JPG

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
in the world of self Identifying is more real than what is really real. I find this poll quite offensive................... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

just kidding Mongo has thicker skin than average tool.... Actually I feel young enough to relace my son in the upcoming draft that is to hit the wire soon.

Sponsored

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Could it be the name Maverick was chosen because of the age groups that remember the original?

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I fall within the last place age group which is the 18-29 crowd. As of today, it only sits at 11.3% whereas the first place age group is 60-69 years old at 20.9%. I am currently 24 years old and will be turning 25 next month. The #1 age group doesn't surprise me in the slightest as I notice other Maverick owners in person are typically above 60 years old. And that's not to say it's a bad thing. There's nothing wrong with that in the slightest. As one commenter said, the older demographics prefer well-built, affordable vehicles which is a good admiration.

Although a youngster, I share that same value as should most people my age. It's unfortunate that my demographic and younger contribute to most car accidents today and never represent the new-car buyer but I want to break that mold. I want to show that a young person can confidently purchase a new vehicle and take vital care of it instead of being a typical dumb and careless driver. I want to represent the good side of my age demographic which does exist. I take pride in my vehicle. I always have and always will and I want that aspect to be represented when showing it to other people. Not that I'm trying to impress anybody but I want to set a good example.

Bulldog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid, 2019 Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm closing in on 62 and I need a truck to haul my 2022 KTM 300 TPI around. Have the bike but no truck. That worked out in reverse. I told my wife 2 years ago if a company comes out with a truck the gets 40+mpg and $25K I was going to buy one. Ford hit the mark. It is perfect for what I need and I hope to have it in my driveway by mid-October.
Sponsored