Sponsored

What age group are you in buying a Maverick?

• Total voters

Natman

First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2016 Mustang EcoBoost, 2017 Hyundai
Actually I am a few months shy of 80. I presented the idea of a Maverick to her when she told me she wanted to buy a new car. She is 20 and making good money and she had some saved for the down payment. Being just 20 I had to co-sign for her but it's all her. The payment, insurance and upkeep. She wanted a pickup when she first got her license but had to settle for an Audi Quatro station wagon with 170K miles on it. She loves her truck.
Sponsored

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Itā€™ll be interesting to see the difference between the age distribution in the Maverick subreddit and on the forum. My guess is itā€™ll be inverted.

Iā€™m in the youngest group here and I donā€™t think lowered trucks are in anymore. I think itā€™s about lifts and adventure type mods now. Might be different depending on locale though
Agree lower trucks are as good as squatted trucks (not great)

Horizon62

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™m 63 and this will be my 7th new vehicle, the 1st factory order. They have all been Fords.
Age 62. Owned Chevroletā€™s all my life. Hoping GM would make another s10 I owned for 23 years. Never did. Bought a 2018 Colorado new. Sold it to get this Maverick. Just the perfect size! Us old folks donā€™t like having to climb up a ladder to get in. We have Dr. appointments and grand kids!

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My mom just had to have the Gremlin. Red w/gold stripe.

MtnMn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Right it looks to be pretty even across all the age groups in this forum. I believe the only reason the 18-29 group is as low as it is on here is that most younger kids don't participate in these types of forums as of yet. Just my opinion I could be wrong.
I'm 23 and If there wasn't a long wait time I probably would have never found this site. But this has been extremely informative and I have been enjoying getting my shopping list of mods ready to go for whenever I take delivery.

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™m getting 12 mpg. Current car is an 09 challenger SRT8. But im really looking forward to my new mav

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ugh....this makes me realize how old I actually am when I'm placed in the 40s bracket.....sad

Goose..you there?

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Remembers when Scion brand launched in early 2000's with a "young hipster" vibe and marketing focus. A few years later Toyota found out the majority of buyers were older and less hip. Killed the vibe LOL. As it turned out middle-aged and retirement aged buyers actually like well built, affordable and simple cars. Who would have thought.
Just wanted to let you know that I am up to date on your most re videosā€¦great job my friend!

Sponsored

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
Not that their not tech savvy it's more of they have better things to do than sit on a computer. Like chatting up the other sex, parties, clubs etc. Not settled down they're out n about like we used to be lol

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One of the reasons I bought the maverick was the ease of access to the seats . really nice height and very good for entering and exiting the seats . sedans too low and full size pu to high . plus multiple other reasons . I am very pleased so far . good mpg compared to my f150 (10 mpg city, 18 mpg hiway) . price point and etc.

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I cannot believe that us older retired people are leading the pack for the number of people buying the hot new Maverick I definitely thought this would be a lot younger people's truck guess that proved me wrong. šŸ¤”šŸ˜†šŸ˜“
Sponsored